Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

MNP Retention Offer You Received

MNP Effect is showing and Your Current Operators are wooing you with Retention Offers....

Someone Got Free Pizza From Airtel....(I received just 2 frentic phone calls from Airtel not to leave them...)

Please share here in this thread what retention offers, freebies you are receiving from Your Existing Operator For Everyone's Benefit... :)

Thanks.

• Like 1

WHEN DO ppl actually receive these offers..

Do you just send port (number) to 1900 & get a code... some1 calls u from exisiting operator

OR

do u actually go ahead n complete the porting procedure with another operator before some1 calls you...

This can be useful information for others...

There are 2 points when your existing operator can contact you.

1. when you send across the request for UPC code (which seems to be trigger for high-value prepaid & postpaid customers getting better offer)

2. when you actually give port-out request your existing operator has 24 hrs to convince you other-wise.

I think for most of the customers operators will contact only on they giving port-in request at some other operator.

Even i got free Pizza offer....but surprisingly thats for Airtel Landline!!!!

:previous:

I too received the offer though I am not having any Airtel Landline connections. AFAIK, this free pizza offer is only for Airtel Landlines and not Mobiles as somebody has already posted elsewhere on this forum on this forum.

There are 2 points when your existing operator can contact you.

1. when you send across the request for UPC code (which seems to be trigger for high-value prepaid & postpaid customers getting better offer)

2. when you actually give port-out request your existing operator has 24 hrs to convince you other-wise.

I think for most of the customers operators will contact only on they giving port-in request at some other operator.

If the existing operator calls you after you port-in to another operator, how will you be able to cancel the port-out? I think it will be within the 24 hours of your port-out request that you will be called by the existing operator. After 24 hours are over, the existing operator can only twiddle their thumbs.

Correct me if I am wrong.

:previous: After you give port-in request to new operator.

Existing operator only has 24 Hrs to convince you.

And then also you or someone has to give the port-in cancellation request at the same outlet where you gave the port-in request.

Got a call from reliance CDMA + 1 person came visiting to my home - Sir, why are you "porting"? I said - No EVDO on my imported handset; We will try our best to provide ASAP on your current mobile itself; Request put under proceedings; Lets see...

<< Topic Pinned >> :)

I got call from airtel 2 days back stating my sms to port before week or so. Guy requested me to remain with airtel as its largest service provoder so on net benefits are more than other operators. When I said I want network issue in my office to be resolved in 1 week if they want me to remain with them he said will revert in 48 hrs but no call even after about 40 hours.

Have not it been laid down by TRAI in the MNP guidelines that the subscriber who is porting away should not be contacted by the ex-operator, with an intention to persuade the user to stay? These actions by telecos grossly violate them.

And how hollow is it when they say the pressing issues faced by the user will be sorted out when all these years they have turned a deaf ear towards it.

Existing operator who were successful in convincing you to stay with them, are asking you to send another SMS to cancel the port request, something like CPR to some number....This will cancel your port out request.

^^^

How was the Taste ?? Send sms again when you need other one.

:)

me got an sms from airtel:

{

Apne Non airtel parichit ko bina no change kare airtel se jode aur paye 50 ka TT sms MNP <parichit name> <parichit mob no> <aapka naam> 51619 par

}

amazing . . . .

^^^

How was the Taste ?? Send sms again when you need other one.

:)

I agree, who needs Dominos lol.

Is Reliance Expecting PORT IN from any customer?

WW in my area has not recieved any Forms even they are unaware of process for PORT IN. I tried RGSM to RCDMA.

No offers from them.

WW in my area has not recieved any Forms even they are unaware of process for PORT IN. I tried RGSM to RCDMA.

No offers from them.

They must not be expecting any port ins lol that is why they are not bothering with telling WW of process, else by now they would have been active like other operators trying to woo customers. How did the WW people react when you told them you wanted to port in did they gasp and fall off their chairs?

• Like 1

Seems like RCOM has decided to pass over the whole MNP issue. Not a single response from their side with respect to MNP!!!!!

Airtel wale subscriber bhai log.....jis jis ko PIZZA nahi khaana hai....woh apna PIZZA merey paas parcel karke bhej doh. :P

YUMMY YUMMY PIZZAAAAAA......! :Sorprendido:

Got one CHEATING SMS from Airtel... They said "ESPECIALLY FOR YOU, THE STD CHARGES HAS BEEN REDUCED TO 40p/min from 1.2p/sec", even though I have NOT sent PORT message... Even I didn't have that idea to change Airtel to other IMMEDIATELY.. So when I tried one STD call, I was again charged by 1.2p/sec.. :angry:

This confirmed that AirHELL people WILL NEVER CHANGE and I IMMEDIATELY SENT MY PORT SMS and got UPC and after noting it down, I have removed that bl00dy AirHELL SIM and kept it in my purse, so that I CAN NEVER BE CONTACTED BY THEM next...

Friends, have you seen the MNP ads for AirHELL recently??? "CHANGE TO AirHELL and GET A SURPRISE".. I can guess their SURPRISE is just the PICK-P0CKET style Auto-VAS activations :rofl_200: And those friends who have got PIZZAS will be surprised by the auto-activation of "PIZZA-HOME-DELIVERY-CHARGES" VAS by AirHELL (at just Rs1.20/gram) in their coming bills...

JAAGO friends, JAAGO from AirHELL atleast...

• Like 1

I wonder why everyone hates Airtel, but I am fine with it.

All my complaints were heard, I am satisfied with the plans.

BB services are just fine (Just that they are charging 799 for BIS to post-paid customers and 399 to pre-paid customers)

^^^ Sahi hain..

BTW, I saw for the first time an Ad by Reliance in TOI today morning (Ahmedabad issue) that they are inviting people to join their network and gave a toll free number.. nothing else mentioned..

Jaag gaye kami**y...

Dear members,

I have a very interesting experience to share. Yesterday afternoon, I had shared my experience about MNP and RCDMA in the forum `Much awaited MNP finally introduced', where in I told how I went to Reliance webworld in Thane to get my Idea postpaid number ported in to Reliance CDMA on Thursday, and rather than being received well, was instead told to visit next day as they were not equipped with instructions and procedures. I had then moved to the Tata indicom office next door where everything was in place. I had forgotten my experience after posting in on Rimweb and was waiting for MNP to materialise. I am thankful to Rimweb forum for its fantastic reach and how things moved thereafter.

It seems some top boss from Reliance took note of my post on Rimweb and swung into action. He called up the Reliance webworld in Thane and hauled them up on how they could decline a port-in customer. Fortunately for the webworld people in Thane, I had left my mobile number with the staff. One of the top guys then frantically called me convincing me not to go anywhere other than Reliance. He was very apologetic that his staff turned me down and said this was something unexpected. He then sent some one to collect my documents and did that. That sweet guy convinced me to cancel my port-in request to Tata Indicom and now I have filled my new MNP request for Reliance CDMA.

The Reliance webworld people have assured me that they would visit my home today to get my signatures and complete other formalities, besides deliver me the new SIM card. I am waiting for them to visit me. May be because the top boss from Reliance pulled strings, but I am overwhelmed to have invoked such a pleasant reaction and attention from Reliance CDMA to my port-in request, more importantly after sharing my experience on Rimweb. I hope these guys wake up now and extend the same attention and treatment to all mobile users who visit Reliance to port-in.

I have not been told yet about the tariff they are offering for getting my postpaid GSM number ported to Reliance CDMA, but I am sure they have something good in store. Congrats Rimweb....keep it up.

No offers from them.

They must not be expecting any port ins lol that is why they are not bothering with telling WW of process, else by now they would have been active like other operators trying to woo customers. How did the WW people react when you told them you wanted to port in did they gasp and fall off their chairs?

• Like 2

rcom has started ads in newspaper for port in... i feel that churn out will be limited as telcos try to retain customers at any cost. and sweet deals offered by them is a proof for that..

Edited by csmart