Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

MNP Retention Offer You Received

Received This Offer From Vodafone Mumbai for Postpaid due to My Port Out Request

PostPaid Plan Rent Rs 175

400 Local Minutes To Any Network

200 STD Minutes To Any Network

After Free Minutes,

Local Call Charges 40 Paise

STD Call Charges 50 Paise

Rs 99, 2 GB GPRS Pack can be availed (Usable on PC Also) with this plan, Which was costing Rs 249 earlier in Postpaid.

Edited by rajanmehta

Really a very very nice plan you have got Rajan Bhai.... That too from the Vodafone, it is a great achivement sir :clap:

Received This Offer From Vodafone Mumbai for Postpaid due to My Port Out Request

PostPaid Plan Rent Rs 175

After Free Minutes,

Rs 99, 2 GB GPRS Pack can be availed (Usable on PC Also) with this plan, Which was costing Rs 249 earlier in Postpaid.

How lucky you are rajan sir, mind blowing plan from vodafone.

@Rajan,

Mind-blowing plan you have got from the 'kanjoos' Voda fellows

Hope you will not jump now....

Enjoy the pug once again....

:previous:

Raccoon bhai, till these days the operators have been showering offers for prepaid customers only... MNP is the PAY-BACK-TIME for the postpaid customers... So not many good retention offers will be there for prepaid users comparing postpaid users, imho...

previous.gif Sad... else I would have threatened them for not giving me the promised double TT. :( But heck, they ticked me off so much, and wasted my time, I just might actually do it soon and not just threaten... mad.gif

VODAFONE retention offer for prepaid -- 500 - 1000 V2V mins free, Local calls 40P/ STD 50 Paise

No packs nothing. they just chng basic tariff for u.

Get Cheaper GPRS Data Plans From Vodafone in Postpaid

Vodafone is Currently charging Rs 299 per month for 2GB of GPRS Data in Postpaid. This plan allows using the Mobile Connection on PC too.

Whereas in Prepaid, same plan is offered for 1/3 rd the price...

If you are on Vodafone Postpaid and want to get the cheaper plan..

-Generate a Port Out Request..

-When You are Called for reason for Porting Out..Tell That Other Operators are Offering Cheaper GPRS Plans with Full PC Connectivity...

-You will be offered Rs 99 Plan with 2GB Data for staying with Vodafone.

This method is working for many people...So take benefit and save Rs 200 per month. :)

Isn't Vodafone crazzy...

Mumbai 2GB VMC for Rs 299

Delhi 2GB VMC for Rs. 198

and for UP west

500 MB VMC for 499

1 GB VMC for 699

A company having Pan India licence discriminate this much. 40-50 Rs. difference in different circles is OK but this is too much for UP west customers.

Akhir UP west walo ne kya galti kar di my dear vodafone ?

@amitnsonu

My dear friend, earlier Vodafone was charging Rs. 699/- for 1 GB & Rs.899/- for Unlimited Gprs in Mumbai. They were the biggest looters in data market. :ranting:

This was the only reason I converted my 10 year old postpaid to prepaid in December 2010. Now leeching the benefits of full talktime, lower call rates using bonus cards, etc. and that too without paying any hefty taxes which are applicable for postpaid subscriber. :)

Apart from that if anyone bought Iphone from Vodafone which is network locked....then the subscriber have to shell huge amount of money from his pocket for data plans. :Equivocado:

I am on onnet 770 plan and was offered lower tariff plan with same feature but they did not call back.

Edited by digitalnirvana

People who are on locked iphone from Vodafone and paying through their nose....

Can try this workaround for using normal vodafone GPRS Plans instead of costly iphone data plans....Courtesy Techtree

Here's a possible workaround -- there s a website that lets you edit the hidden APN settings, http://www.unlockit.co.nz. Access it from the Safari browser on the phone itself. It works on locked and non-jailbroken iPhones too, so you need not worry voiding your warranty (as mentioned in the website's FAQ). Subscribe for a typical Vodafone Mobile Connect plan (don't tell the rep you have an iPhone), and enter these APN settings manually. We re still in the process of trying this out ourselves, but theoretically it should work. Let us know if you do it before us.

114480_unlockit.jpg

RCom has outsourced Customer retention work to THIRD PARTY AGENCY. These chaps dont have a clue about head or toe & they call you up to stay with reliance...!!!

I am Damn Sure their own Customer Care People is worst then these guys

Out of curiosity and not to be left out of the race, I gave a porting request from my Videocon prepaid connection (which I seldom use!). UPC was generated and after a while CC guys called me up and offered to credit 20 minutes free local calls everyday for the next three months.

Misson porting out stands cancelled, next stop after three months.

:):P

karthik

the fact that seldom used sim, videocon offered 20 local minutes free for 3 months is amazing.probably u can modify ur signature as "want free calls send port request" :Contento::Contento:

:D

I am thinking how feasible it is for the telecos to offer such freebies. This surely will dig into their profitability even though the porting churn is marginal.

PostPaid Plan Rent Rs. 175

After Free Minutes,

Rs 99, 2 GB GPRS Pack can be availed (Usable on PC Also) with this plan, Which was costing Rs. 249 earlier in Postpaid.

@Mr. Rajan Mehta

Sir, I am a postpaid user of Vodafone U.P.(West) with monthly rental Rs. 175.

In my plan vodafone is giving 300 free local+national minutes per month only & after that 50p per minute local/national there is no free sms or data.

I will send port request tomorow so please tell me how to treat with vodafone exicutive for more free minutes mnp offer like your's when they will call me about porting request.

Rajan bhai, u r lucky & have got very nice offer from vodafone.......plz guide me. Thanks

Edited by vivek.onyx

The best tip i can give you for extracting the maximum from Vodafone is....

Keep Your Wife OR Mother as Role Model For Inspiration in bargaining skills....

See how they don't feel shy or ashamed at all while extracting the last penny out of that Vegetable Seller, Cloth Vendor, OR from anybody when they Shop...

Their Only Target is to Get The Most Bang For Their Buck...Still they know how far to stretch...So the Deal Won't Break...

99% of the Time They Are Successful...

We Man most of the time feel it below our Dignity to bargain & negotiate....And end up filling coffers of Vodafone...

So when that Vodafone Guy Calls You, he will invariably ask What Plan You are getting from a Different Operator and Will Try To Match Up With That Plan...

Don't fall in that Trap, I will rephrase the famous saying "Don't ask what your country can do for you. Ask instead what you can do for your country" ... "Don't Ask What Vodafone Customers Can Do For Them, Ask What Vodafone Can Do For Their Customers"

Ask him What Best Plan he can offer you for retaining you as Vodafone Customer...

If you get something better than What i Got...Take it...

OR the name of Plan Which i got is CC175...Ask For That Plan... BTW there is no free Data in that Plan.. But You Can subscribe to Rs 99-2GB Pack in Postpaid..

Best of Luck...

• Like 5

Just for FUN

i send PORT sms to TATA INDICOM- my 6 year old number.

on next day they called me, but i coundn't attend their call.

so after 2 hrs again call me.

ASKING (BEGGING), why u sent sms to change operator,

I got right time, and start negotiating that, tariff is high, full talktime recharge is not good and so on.

Immediately they ask waht is ur plan i said 1p/sec.

then they got ready to provide me 1p/2sec for local and 1p/sec for std. for 4 months.

This scheme will be ativated soon,PLZ don't jump to other network.

I said OK. but 24HRS passed tariff not activated, nor received any call..

NOW waiting.

So toal saving is Rs24*4 = Rs96. and TI retained me.

@Rajan Bhai

Thanks bro for your valuable suggestion. i will do the same :)

Is MNP coming for Landline/Broadband too ???

I am feeling so because of the offer given by Airtel Broadband for my LL.

According to the plan just pay for calls worth 500 and enjoy unlimited local and std calls after that, means unlimited local/std for 500 Rs.

I am already getting UL 512 kbps for only 449+taxes.

ye to sone pe suhaga hai..

@ Saket have TI activated the retention offer in your number?

Thanks to tata indicom

call rate after activating MNP Offer.

Local call 0.3/min

STD 0.5/min

Even one frind send PORT sms from AIRTEL

he got offer as

A2A 1p/6sec

Local 1p/2sec

STD 1p/sec