Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

MNP Retention Offer You Received

Called up MTS Mumbai to probe Few Details...Here is the summary...

-They are providing OMH Sim Card.

-Browsing on Phone is Totally Free in Postpaid Plan. Only when you download something, it is chargeable...

-For their 3 models of Handsets priced at some 4.5K, 6.2K and 13K, they are providing 3 month EMI Payment Facility

AND NOW THE REAL KICK...Hold Your Breath...

They are allowing and registering Imported CDMA Handsets on their network... Sorprendido.gifSorprendido.gif

Asked three times by giving example of Imported Handset like Samsung Epic, HTC Incredible etc...Every Time Answer was YES..

Was asked to contact nearest MTS Center for further help..

I really hope someone Senior From Reliance reads this as they did in Abhijit's Case...

• Like 3

I sent the msg to port my tamilnadu aircel postpaid number yesterday. Today got a call from an aircel office telling me to stay in aircel (that they will improve network) and he offered me 60% discount in rental of my postpaid plan for 3 months or 500 min free voice calls to any n/w for 3 months.

I think reliance is not so aggressive

Since I haven't got any calls yet.

+ 1 for rajan.

GOOD news that MTS is accepting handset also provide free browsing..

let us know source of info...

BTW, i am using MTS sim card and had very bad experience in case of prepaid recharge...

me got an sms from airtel:

{

Apne Non airtel parichit ko bina no change kare airtel se jode aur paye 50 ka TT sms MNP <parichit name> <parichit mob no> <aapka naam> 51619 par

}

amazing . . . .

:previous:

Presuming its a toll free number LOL.

Wow the kind of offers they are giving out only in a day.

Best one to watch will be if dhiraj's request is fulfilled. :)

Edited by Harshal

Yesterday i had sent sms for porting code from my airtel mobile and today i received a call asking me why i wanted to shift from airtel. I told the guy that local calling rates were high and hence i was porting, he told me he will give me a scheme in which rs 1 will be deducted daily from my account and airtel to airtel=10 paise,airtel to others local=30 paise and std will be 50 paise. He said he will activate this on my number but it has not been activated so far, i will confirm once it has been done..

• Like 1

friends I had registered on idea website for mnp and today i got a call from idea, the guy told me following plan :

Monthly rent Rs. 249

400 min local/std free, after free min local onnet= 30p, local offnet= 40p, local LL= 50p, std all= 50p, but in roaming all call = 70p

400 sms local/std free

1 GB Gprs free as i am using android phone.

plan is good but I refused because of high roaming charges.

anyway how is idea network in delhi circle ?

I sent the msg to port my tamilnadu aircel postpaid number yesterday. Today got a call from an aircel office telling me to stay in aircel (that they will improve network) and he offered me 60% discount in rental of my postpaid plan for 3 months or 500 min free voice calls to any n/w for 3 months.

60% discount .......

very hefty discount man, stay on....

and yes send the msg again after 3 months

They are allowing and registering Imported CDMA Handsets on their network...

Asked three times by giving example of Imported Handset like Samsung Epic, HTC Incredible etc...Every Time Answer was YES..

wht abt BB.. did you asked abt foreign BB and activating BIS on it?

Have not it been laid down by TRAI in the MNP guidelines that the subscriber who is porting away should not be contacted by the ex-operator, with an intention to persuade the user to stay? These actions by telecos grossly violate them.

And how hollow is it when they say the pressing issues faced by the user will be sorted out when all these years they have turned a deaf ear towards it.

No it shouldnt be...

let it be a fair game, we should atleast give chance to existing operator to convince the customer to avoid the unnecessary porting

for example if any customer is moving out because of tarriff, and the existing operator provide the tarriff what a customer then it is fine.

why to port unnecessrily ...

Am I right

I sent port request yesterday from my RCDMA number, got the porting code. Was expecting atleast someone would call and enquire why am I porting as I am high ARPU customer (Rs 1200+ on normal bill and ~ Rs 1500 on times when I am on roaming) but got no calls till now. Getting determined to port, or at least to switch to RCDMA prepaid with lower tariff.

-Browsing on Phone is Totally Free in Postpaid Plan. Only when you download something, it is chargeable...

Better err on the side of caution Rajan bhai, all browsing (except maybe IM) will download something to the buffer, e.g. if you browse YouTube for sure heavy data will be downloaded to buffer, even though you did not specifically download something to your mobile.

But great thing that they are openly allowing imported handsets. RCom and TI - wake up and smell the coffee! Grrr.

wht abt BB.. did you asked abt foreign BB and activating BIS on it?

No i did not. AFAIK they have yet to start Blackberry Services..And even after they start, i don't think Imported Blackberry can work for Official BIS just as it does not work on Reliance or TATA...

Better err on the side of caution Rajan bhai, all browsing (except maybe IM) will download something to the buffer, e.g. if you browse YouTube for sure heavy data will be downloaded to buffer, even though you did not specifically download something to your mobile.

I am also scratching my head how the network would differentiate between browsing and downloading...Ultimately data gets downloaded..

May be what they mean to say is that one can't do tethering and use it on PC..

Rajan Bhai, by downlading they means those Wallpapers and Ringtones which are usually chargeable on there portals.

Yesterday i had sent sms for porting code from my airtel mobile and today i received a call asking me why i wanted to shift from airtel. I told the guy that local calling rates were high and hence i was porting, he told me he will give me a scheme in which1 will be deducted daily from my account and airtel to airtel=10 paise,airtel to others local=30 paise and std will be 50 paise. He said he will activate this on my number but it has not been activated so far, i will confirm once it has been done..

For how long are they giving this scheme?

This scheme is terrific, just at Re.1 per day.

Sent MNP request from RCDMA, got call from them to stay on Reliance network. They offered me Plan of Rs 444, with 544 free call valve. All calls@ 44p/min. All local RCDMA+RGSM Calls free for 12 months + free SMS.

Is this offer worth people ??? I am a Reliance Platinum Customer.

I sent port request yesterday from my RCDMA number, got the porting code. Was expecting atleast someone would call and enquire why am I porting as I am high ARPU customer (Rs 1200+ on normal bill and ~ Rs 1500 on times when I am on roaming) but got no calls till now. Getting determined to port, or at least to switch to RCDMA prepaid with lower tariff.

Wait & watch Bro, they wont let high usage postpaid customers slip away. Once you place a MNP request, they would call you within 24 hours.

Dear members,

I have a very interesting experience to share. Yesterday afternoon, I had shared my experience about MNP and RCDMA in the forum `Much awaited MNP finally introduced', where in I told how I went to Reliance webworld in Thane to get my Idea postpaid number ported in to Reliance CDMA on Thursday, and rather than being received well, was instead told to visit next day as they were not equipped with instructions and procedures. I had then moved to the Tata indicom office next door where everything was in place. I had forgotten my experience after posting in on Rimweb and was waiting for MNP to materialise. I am thankful to Rimweb forum for its fantastic reach and how things moved thereafter.

It seems some top boss from Reliance took note of my post on Rimweb and swung into action. He called up the Reliance webworld in Thane and hauled them up on how they could decline a port-in customer. Fortunately for the webworld people in Thane, I had left my mobile number with the staff. One of the top guys then frantically called me convincing me not to go anywhere other than Reliance. He was very apologetic that his staff turned me down and said this was something unexpected. He then sent some one to collect my documents and did that. That sweet guy convinced me to cancel my port-in request to Tata Indicom and now I have filled my new MNP request for Reliance CDMA.

The Reliance webworld people have assured me that they would visit my home today to get my signatures and complete other formalities, besides deliver me the new SIM card. I am waiting for them to visit me. May be because the top boss from Reliance pulled strings, but I am overwhelmed to have invoked such a pleasant reaction and attention from Reliance CDMA to my port-in request, more importantly after sharing my experience on Rimweb. I hope these guys wake up now and extend the same attention and treatment to all mobile users who visit Reliance to port-in.

I have not been told yet about the tariff they are offering for getting my postpaid GSM number ported to Reliance CDMA, but I am sure they have something good in store. Congrats Rimweb....keep it up.

Is Reliance Expecting PORT IN from any customer?

WW in my area has not recieved any Forms even they are unaware of process for PORT IN. I tried RGSM to RCDMA.

No offers from them.

They must not be expecting any port ins lol that is why they are not bothering with telling WW of process, else by now they would have been active like other operators trying to woo customers. How did the WW people react when you told them you wanted to port in did they gasp and fall off their chairs?

Hip Hip Hurray RIMWEB

NO offers received by any1 ???

A friend of mine had really surprising experience of MNP - instead of getting a retention offer from Vodafone - he was called & informed abt the balance payment without which it was not possible to port. When exec. was told about billing issues & tariff issue he had with Vodafone - he was told he can port to any network as it was his personal choice but only after paying up the amount. He has consistent billing of 600+ Rs every month. Not exactly a high user but still above avg revenue per user mark. Is the MNP euphoria dying ??

I sent port request yesterday from my RCDMA number, got the porting code. Was expecting atleast someone would call and enquire why am I porting as I am high ARPU customer (Rs 1200+ on normal bill and ~1500 on times when I am on roaming) but got no calls till now. Getting determined to port, or at least to switch to RCDMA prepaid with lower tariff.

Wait & watch Bro, they wont let high usage postpaid customers slip away. Once you place a MNP request, they would call you within 24 hours.

They did not, I called CC and asked to be converted to prepaid as my postpaid plan is not VFM, instead of trying to retain he said but you have a porting request. I told him I would either convert to prepaid or port than stick with high rental postpaid plan. He then said engineer will call back with better plan. I would not say my ARPU is very high but definitely it is much higher than average. Baffled by CC.

I sent port request yesterday from my RCDMA number, got the porting code. Was expecting atleast someone would call and enquire why am I porting as I am high ARPU customer (Rs 1200+ on normal bill and ~1500 on times when I am on roaming) but got no calls till now. Getting determined to port, or at least to switch to RCDMA prepaid with lower tariff.

They did not, I called CC and asked to be converted to prepaid as my postpaid plan is not VFM, instead of trying to retain he said but you have a porting request. I told him I would either convert to prepaid or port than stick with high rental postpaid plan. He then said engineer will call back with better plan. I would not say my ARPU is very high but definitely it is much higher than average. Baffled by CC.

Actually Reliance was not expecting such outcome of MNP, Every operator be it AirHELL or BSNL has a MNP link on their website while RCom has '0' on MNP on their website. Also RCom is keeping their old customers as a priority & it varies from Circle to Circle. I am from MP&CG Circle, they gave me good offer (mentioned in posts above).

^

True RCDMA seems to have been taken completely off guard by the MNP developments. I recall when MDA led RIM was trend setter in everything, how the mighty have fallen.

Edited by digitalnirvana

AIrtel:

i have lot of problem in my clinic since last 1 n half month after many (43) towers were seized as illegal by nagar nigam, almost many places in raipur have this problem, i had send a request to port - i got a call today assuring that they will restore network within 48 hrs -lets see

if they do it i dont have any problem.

@ Dipan

Agree with you !!!

Its about over-confidence they have, but now the market has changed & they need to change as well !!! And lets not worry, MDA is coming up with Voice+Data on 4G capable network.

Waiting for MDA 4G. MNP will be an added advantage.