Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajapratap143

Phone Engaged when using Data

in 1x 2G data is blocked when u r on Data

in 1x, voice is blocked when u r on Data... thats what you meant, hetal??

in 1x, voice is blocked when u r on Data... thats what you meant, hetal??

is there any other means to avoid it , like whn u r online & u get a call , u can receive a call fist .

1x, voice will get blocked. Using evdo is the nly remedy.

this is DUH :doh: question... :sleep1:

Subscribe to missed call alert.... I used to get sms reports about calls missed even during 1x browsing..

But if attending a call is very very important than calling them later by yourself, then use Wifi instead...

May seem impossible while away from hometown.. But this is the simplest procedure I am following.. Actually during roaming, I will use bsnl 3g (Rs 4200 unlimited 3g for six months) on E90 as wifi hotspot (password protected). And using one simple trick to force my epic to use the ad hoc wifi to browse..

Only problem is wifi kills battery of both phones and so I have to use both phones connected to mains while using..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Solutions

Evdo if possible

3GSM as number porting is now possible.

Plz enlighten me! This guy has htc evo so i guess evdo wll nt work 4 him just 1x data. Further what do u mean by 3GSM....

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

:previous: He meant "3G GSM" (after porting to a GSM provider with same number and a GSM handset ofcourse)

So basically there is no solution to receive voice calls on a CDMA handset when using 1x data as it is a technology limitation.

Exactly! U can port this number and use 3g on a gsm phone. But we cant use evo on gsm platform as it is a cdma hamdset. Also though i am not sure i guess using gsm 1x data u can receive calls while you are using data.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

But we cant use evo on gsm platform as it is a cdma hamdset.

Obviously!

Also though i am not sure i guess using gsm 1x data u can receive calls while you are using data.

AirTel GRPS supports simultaneous traffic, not all GPRS providers have that feature.

how abt evdo ,i would like to know if we go for evdo , will we be able to receive the call whn u r on net ?

yes...u get call when data is turned on...

:previous: not possible, as of now, as its a network/technology constraint..

how abt evdo ,i would like to know if we go for evdo , will we be able to receive the call whn u r on net ?

If a call arrives when browsing in EV-DO, the net is put on hold and the call will reach you... Once you attend and/or disconnect the call, the net resumes... So browsing wont block incoming calls and your callers can anytime reach you anytime, unlike in 1x...

If a call arrives when browsing in EV-DO, the net is put on hold and the call will reach you... Once you attend and/or disconnect the call, the net resumes... So browsing wont block incoming calls and your callers can anytime reach you anytime, unlike in 1x...

thanks alot

^

1x takes precedence over voice so only way for voice and data together is use EVDO if possible as mentioned by gurus above.

This would mean that if I am using evdo I will not be able to browse internet on my phone if I wish to use voice simultaneously. For example using internet on phone will calling some one through handsfree or Bluetooth???

Sent from my DINC!

I am using RCDMA with data mode always on. Most of the time the IM+ , chatting client on Blackberry is on. But this is creating a problem. Even if I am not chatting, the data is on and it keeps the phone busy continuously and for a long time. When somebody tries to call the phone he gets busy tone continuously.

Somewhere I read that that on CDMA this is always like that. When on data, it cannot take voice.

But then what is the workaround ? How to be Online (accessible to people on chatting client), but when not exactly chatting, the phone should receive the call ?

Edited by Arun
<< Topic Merged >>

1X as long as data transfer is ON phone remain engaged. Solution is EVDO

Even after getting evdo activated how to determine whether current data session is 1x or evdo?

Coz most of the time speed is not that good.

If for some reason phone is working on 1x instead of evdo (download speed do not go over 16 kpbs).. My phone will become engage if session is 1x?

With EVDO the data transfer will pause and the call will get connected if it is showing 3G. The data transfer will resume once call is disconnected. If it is falls back to 1x then the caller will get engaged tone if there is data transfer.

Thanks for clarification Arun...

But imported handsets always shows EVDO/3G even when evdo was not activated on my number..

Blackberry Storm 2 and samsung epic...

But yes even when I'm getting low data speed I can receive calls. ofc data gets paused and later it is resumed after call ends.