Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Greatest

iMobile - The Android Application from ICICI Bank

I was just browsing, and came through this,

http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/onlineservice/mobile-banking/iMobile_on_Androidphones.html?utm_source=GA&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=android-imobile-primerpage-banner

I am going to download it and try it out in my phone.. I thought it better to upload it here as I am trying out the app..

Enjoy...

Dada Not able to find it in the Apps market....Can you download it and post here..

Dada Not able to find it in the Apps market....Can you download it and post here..

Search in App Market, under finance category

Not showing up for me either. Checked in Finance - Just in, and searched for imobile as well.

^^^ Sahi hain.. Its not showing for me as well..

I think since our handsets are imported maybe its not showing...

I request people who have Indian handsets and android to check and report.. :)

Please try this...

Application>>Market>>Apps>>Finance>>Just in.

In case you are unable to find the application, please type iMobile in the search menu (once you click on just in).

^^^ Hum sab wohi kar rahe hain Rajan bhai.. no success... were you able to find the application in your mobile?? (I hope you are using an Android apart from the Pixi)

we may not get is as our phones are not Indian hence market may not be showing it being useless app for americans.

vaise btw why do I need this application when I can access full icici bank login and my account through my phone's browser? just a thought.... whats so special about this app?

well an application will be handy as it will be easier to access the information/service with lesser clicks especially if you are on the move with 1x connectivity.

I too tried all the steps and still no search result from market. If it is not showing up as we have handsets from US then why is that we can see apps like TOI or other region specific apps...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

^^ Interesting question Mujeeb has put..

But then, I woudl respond to it in a such a way, that the developers of any Android App must have had the option to place it in the markets which they wish to serve.. just a thought.. Like the TOI app maker, would want Indians residing in the US/EU to look into their app..

as per FAQ section,

1. you need to be registered with the bank for mobile banking.

2. the application needs to be downloaded only with the registered phone number.

I have got it downloaded last week and installed in my optimus

Thanks a lot anurag! Installed using .apk and is loading fine on HTC Incredible. I was unable to get past the "Create PIN" screen though as it showed unable to process, please try again. Not sure if it has to do anything with ICICI's server at the moment. I think they are restricting it for "CDMA Handsets". "GPRS" is mentioned in the instruction screens and maybe that is causing the PIN activation to fail? It also requires to send an SMS (through the app) for PIN registration. Other options like ATM location search are working fine though on 1x.

There is an app called Market Enabler for rooted phones, that changes the country location. Has anyone tried on a CDMA phone? May be this could help reveal India speicfic apps on our US CDMA Anrdoids.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot anurag! Installed using .apk and is loading fine on HTC Incredible. I was unable to get past the "Create PIN" screen though as it showed unable to process, please try again. Not sure if it has to do anything with ICICI's server at the moment. I think they are restricting it for "CDMA Handsets". "GPRS" is mentioned in the instruction screens and maybe that is causing the PIN activation to fail? It also requires to send an SMS (through the app) for PIN registration. Other options like ATM location search are working fine though on 1x.

Ditto here i have even called customer support about this issue. But they conifrmed that it is a problem with their imobile server for now and the outage may last till 30 jan :) still they say that sporadically customers may be able use it. I tried multiple times but no sucess. Further, initally while loading the app it says gprs sucess which i guess is internet check!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Thanks Harshal bhai... +1 for you...

Its working now just got it authenticated and working. There are lot of options available once registered.

By the way i was able to authenticate it over WiFi .

working for me too; though I dont see much use; find it more useful to use the phone browser based full fledged site;

I was able to install on incredible stock 2.2. But i am not able to activate my account on it. Anyhow like dhiraj i too feel it is better to use browser as i had experinced this app earlier on my nokia.

Sent from my DINC!

I always get OTP for browser and my India phone number is used for my account and brothers account so never able to use internet banking from when these stupid ICICI ppl got OTP in place. I really hope ICICI should let use this app in USA for US customers. Dont know how they manage :D ..........

No android no iphone app visible in USA markets :( .....really hoping it should work one place......thanks a lot for APK...... 1st thing to check going home :)

You can install MarketEnabler app from Market and change to India so that the iMobile app will be visible.

• Like 1