Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Honest

Reliance Communications Introduces Enhanced Version of Missed Call Alerts Service

Reliance-3G-300x205.jpg

RCOM Introduces Enhanced Version Of Missed Call Alerts Service

Reliance Communications today launched MCA 2.0 with Notify Me, its new missed call notification service with enhanced features.

Reliance Customers will receive missed call alert as at present – which tells a subscriber if they have missed a call due to their phone being either out of coverage area, battery exhaustion, phone is busy or switched off.

In addition, ‘Notify Me’ alerts the callers, whose attempt to ring someone have failed, that the called number is now available to receive a call from them.

The missed call notification sms will detail the calling party’s mobile number, time & date when the call was made, whereby calling parties will receive a sms saying that the called party is available to receive calls.

To subscribe to this service, Reliance customers have to type “M” and send an SMS to 51234 (toll free). Customer will be charged Rs. 15/- for 30 days for unlimited alerts.The offer is also available through Chat and Play e-recharge in all retails outlets serving Reliance GSM, CDMA and 3G customers including the company’s retail outlets of Reliance Mobile Stores and Reliance World outlets across India.

Courtesy : Telecom Talk

i have missed call alerts activated and i get "Notify me" info for quite some time... i dont remember since when it started, but at least 3 weeks since i get this info.

its good feature and good reminder...

Gud One :) Tarrif is fine and affordable :) as alerts are unlimited :)

I also get it but without subscribing to Missed Call Alerts don't know why.

May be they are giving it free or may be I need to check my balance deductions for you know what :Confuso:

Edited by confused_follower

Dear Mr. Confused, may be Reliance also got confused and treating you as a VIP customer in CONFUSION. :P

Good one.

But still we don't get Missed call alerts for busy calls. i.e if someone calls me when my phone is ringing, they get an engaged sound and there is no alert for this missed call. Airtel provides alerts for these type of missed calls also. I have often requested them to provide the above, but my requests have fallen in deaf ears.

I also get it but without subscribing to Missed Call Alerts don't know why.

May be they are giving it free or may be I need to check my balance deductions for you know what :Confuso:

Same for me.

Guys, looks like it is freely activated on all Reliance nos. as a introductory offer!

Maybe giving the customers a taste of the new VAS, which may turn sour at the end of the month when they auto renew the pack :P

It still doesn't send alert when phone is busy with 1x data :(

:previous: even i'm facing d same problem... :(

AFAIK this service is active since the end of December 2010. I was on leave from 20th of December for the whole week and was traveling, most of the time I was not reachable and whenever I was accessible by Manager got a message that I can be reached now (obviously he had tried calling me earlier when I had no network coverage). When I came back he informed me about this and I came to know how at times technology can screw you :Contento: :Contento: :Contento:

BTW I am too feed up of not receiving alerts when I am on 1X. :Equivocado: :Equivocado:

I have used this MCA service for R-CDMA and then Hutch in 2006/07 (not exactly remember). In case of Hutch, i used to receive SMS for missed calls almost immediately when the phone would become reachable while for Reliance, SMS for missed calls, used to deliver very late, sometimes next day too. I, then de-activated the service for Reliance as i found it not very useful then. The very purpose of MCA seems to be lost for Reliance. Now i cannot say if they have improved ?

Edited by gyanesh

You are absolutely right my friend the MCA gets delayed most of the time on RCDMA at times you never get the alert it self. Forget about MCA alert SMS most of the time even I get normal sms delivered quite late or the next day :Equivocado: :Equivocado:

:previous:

Late delivery of SMSes is not limited to Reliance alone, it is an inherent shortcoming of cdma technology.

My TI also delivers MCA (charged @15/month) and other text msgs, late.

Do you really think that sms delay is due to cdma technology limitation... i really doubt that claim.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I have used this MCA service for R-CDMA and then Hutch in 2006/07 (not exactly remember). In case of Hutch, i used to receive SMS for missed calls almost immediately when the phone would become reachable while for Reliance, SMS for missed calls, used to deliver very late, sometimes next day too. I, then de-activated the service for Reliance as i found it not very useful then. The very purpose of MCA seems to be lost for Reliance. Now i cannot say if they have improved ?

The service is still pathetic. Sometimes you get it instantly and some times the next day. Also no alert for busy.

Unreliable

Do you really think that sms delay is due to cdma technology limitation... i really doubt that claim.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I dunno if its a deficiency in CDMA or RCom's implementation of it, but even I'v ALWAYS had all kinds of issues with RCDMA. Even now, even though I personally do not have a RCDMA, there are always issues when I message couple of my friends on RCDMA. Add to this the other problems like long SMSing, lost SMSes, etc, etc. Its a perfect recipe for all kinds of misunderstandings and problems.

RGSM though really bad for voice calls, is quite ok for texting.

No experience with other CDMA networks though, as neither I nor anyone else I know is a subscriber.

I am using MCA of TataCDMA for almost an year... I get missed calls during busy, calls missed when using 1x also (ofcourse when data not transmitted)... It is sooo reliable in TI... But I dont think, the caller will get SMS that I am available when I reached service area, as in this EnhancedMCA...

But still MCA in TI is almost flawless, imho...