Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
anshu_s09

Uninor Introduces Roam Free Offer for Mumbai Customers Traveling To Gujarat

Uninor Mumbai customers who frequent Gujarat now have another reason to rejoice as the operator announced a first of its kind new roaming plan for them today.

Called ‘Roam Free’ the plan will enable Uninor customers from Mumbai to enjoy FREE Roaming when they visit Gujarat; there will be no Incoming call charges i.e. All Incoming calls will be FREE whille Raoming in Gujarat telecom circle, and all outgoing calls and SMS will be charged at a flat rate of 50p/per min.

Being a fast-growing business destination, Mumbai sees a lot of people traveling to Gujarat for business on a daily basis. By introducing this free inter-circle roaming plan, Uninor aims at making movement of its customers to Gujarat hassle-free.

This plan will be valid for Uninor customers in Gujarat and Mumbai on both per minute and per second plans and will be valid on calls going to/coming from any other service provider. When a customer travels between the two circles, the system will automatically switch to the Gujarat Roaming Free network and the customer can enjoy the benefits of free incoming calls.

source:- http://telecomtalk.info/uninor-intros-roam-free-offer-for-mumbai-customers-traveling-to-gujarat/55157/#more-55157

Edited by anshu_s09

^^^

My dear friend, please mention the source of the news in your post.

excellent start!! I am waiting for the day when roaming is free for the entire country.

From the day I have thrown my Airtel SIM (first mobile number) from my phone many years back, I am using FREE ROAMING INCOMING CALLS only... (RCom DAPO -- upto 400mins, BSNL 525Plan -- 300mins, TataCDMA addonPack Rs150 -- 750mins, TataCDMA Roam450Plan -- UnLimited, TataCDMA CallIndiaRoam399 -- 2000mins, TataCDMA LogisticsPlan199 -- 2000mins)

But still good start by Uninor...

Excellent news! Other carriers should emulate similar offers. But the offer Uninor has given is much more attractive than regular offers. Maybe operators could make it roam free zones for eg. West zone comprizing Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan or Southern zones like Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamilnadu, AP and Kerala.

Charges for roaming outside home circle but on own network should be killed by all operators.

:previous:

Karthik Ji... What you are asking is correct, as operators will get revenue from Calling party in Incoming calls (15p for Local, 20p for STD call) even if they started charging Incoming calls as FREE in roaming...

But guess the situation:- Now many people who need to call family-members in other circle have to make STD calls only... But if Roaming-Incoming was made FREE, then many (more than 50%, imho) will give their LocalSIM (WORST CASE IS GIVING FREE-CUG SIM) to the friends/relation/others and will make LOCAL calls to them and as a result, hours of NLD calls were made with REVENUE of LOCAL CALLS to the operator on BOTH SIDES...

So if at_least Local/STD difference is removed there is a chance for getting FREE incoming calls in roaming... Till then, we have to live with, partial FREE-Roaming-Incoming plans (for serious roamers like Rs525BSNL -- 300mins, TataCDMA -- 2000mins) and that too with higher rentals only...