Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

MTNL Unlimited 3G Data Plan Now at Just Rs. 750 per month

MTNL Unlimited 3G Data Plan Now At Just Rs. 750

In an attempt to triggering another price war before the launch next generation 3G Mobile and Data service by private operators in Delhi telecom circle, India's first 3G Mobile service operator Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL), today announced the launch of 3 new 3G Data Plan for its postpaid and prepaid subscribers.

MTNL slashes the 3G Unlimited Data Plan cost up to 58% and introduced bucket of new 3G offers including Unlimited Prepaid/Postpaid Advance Rental/Payment Plans.With the launch of new 3G recharges now the Unlimited 3G Data Plan will effectively cost at just Rs. 750 per month for Home and Roam usage.

MTNL Delhi introduces 2 new "Advance Rental Data Card Unlimited Plan" and with the Plan-4500, the effective cost of Unlimited 3G Data Downloads will be as low as Rs. 750/month. The new new 3G Data plan for Rs. 4500 comes with the validity of 180 days and provide Unlimited Free High Speed wireless Broadband 24×7 anywhere in India (Home and Roam).

However Initially a data cap of 200 GB per month shall be placed in Unlimited Plans, however if any customer exceeds the usage, the excess charges can be waived off. MTNL 3G subscriber can enjoy Free data Roaming in more than 700 cities across India with BSNL 3G network.

The new data coupons will be available through Etopup system and Promotional scheme shall be implemented for 90 days w.e.f 31.01.2011 to 30.04.2011.

All the New 3G data Plans will be launched in Mumbai with in few days!

MTNL-Unlimited-3G-Data-Plan.jpg

Source: Telecomtalk

• Like 2

Good move

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Now all metros - Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai got unlimited 3G data at Rs 700-750 from BSNL-MTNL with all India roaming! :) Hope real competition is coming soon from private players!

Interestingly on Reliance, Tata Docomo & now with Airtel people experiencing 3G speed with 2G GPRS packs! I guess operators know this loophole of setting netwrk mode in UMTS/3G/HSPA but they are not restricting it, as these packs offer 2-8GB at around Rs 100-150 which don't give much pressure on their HSPA (minimum 7.2Mbps) netwrk and people recharging Rs 100 every month for GPRS! A slight increase in ARPU! :Contento:

Interestingly on Reliance, Tata Docomo & now with Airtel people experiencing 3G speed with 2G GPRS packs! I guess operators know this loophole of setting netwrk mode in UMTS/3G/HSPA but they are not restricting it,

hmmmm...... Chulo.gif

^^

my question too?

:previous:

I think its for both types of usage...

How is MTNL real life 3G speed? Anyone using care to post a speed test result?

This plan is for 3G Data card or 3G mobile phones??

For MTNL, same SIM can work in both mode. And same recharge vouchers are applicable.

How is MTNL real life 3G speed? Anyone using care to post a speed test result?

Average speed around 1 mbps (MTNL Delhi)

airtel in mumbai still gives me 31.032 Kbps, with a latency of 1.323 seconds and a transfer of 100KB in 25 odd secs.

Don't think that's anywhere close to 3G speeds buddy :P

cheers

Ashok

This is my Speed-test result with MTNL 3G in noida..

I am using Nokia 5800 as a handset.

Through Download Manager, I am getting download speed around 1 Mbps.

Now i am going to subscribe for 4500Rs. data plan.

This is a very good speed to use unlimited plan at 750 bucks....

post-37273-0-23701900-1296382556_thumb.j

Edited by SantoshRoyal

It looks like MTNL has now removed the Plan-4500 for new subscribers. They now have a Rs.4999/- half yearly plan for 100GB, which seems attractive.

Any idea guys about MTNL roaming? How is the connectivity? Also are the data charges for roaming different?

Full roaming on BSNL Network. No additional data roaming charge.

ok.. it looks like mtnl-delhi no more provides Rs.4500/- half yearly unlimited plan. however there is a monthly unlimited plan for Rs.1650/-. they also have a limited (100 GB) half yearly plan for Rs.4999/-.

mtnl-mumbai (as per there website) still has the Rs.4500/- half yearly unlimited plan. Can some please confirm this? :Confuso:

bsnl for the rest of india does not seem to have any unlimited plans. they have a limited (30 GB) quaterly plan for Rs.3000/-. this does not even come close to what mtnl delhi or mtnl mumbai offers. :frown:

it is a pity mtnl/bsnl differtiates this heavily between metros & non-metros.. atleast there should be some unlimited plans for the rest of the country.. :bash:

ok.. it looks like mtnl-delhi no more provides Rs.4500/- half yearly unlimited plan. however there is a monthly unlimited plan for Rs.1650/-. they also have a limited (100 GB) half yearly plan for Rs.4999/-.

mtnl-mumbai (as per there website) still has the Rs.4500/- half yearly unlimited plan. Can some please confirm this? :Confuso:

its

withdrawn.

http://telecomtalk.info/mtnl-withdraws-unlimited-3g-data-plan-4500-in-mumbai/91114/

No more lucrative 3g plans from Mtnl now.

I get 1mbps speed in suburbs and 1.5mbps in city (South Mumbai).