Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dr. Hari

MNP Experience

Hi,

I had some strange experiences & problems with MNP, which I am sharing with members for information.

I had requested for UPC code on the same day it was launched to migrate from RCDMA to GSM due to handset issue being a frequent International traveler and got the code in minutes. I went to TATA DOCOMO outlet the next day and filled all the documents on next day i.e. Friday 21st Jan; and received the confirmatory SMS in minutes. As the executives were totally ignorant about the MNP steps, I had to give a "class" for them!

On Tuesday, 5 days later RIM people got awaken from sleep and started calling me requesting me to be with them instead of moving to Docomo. I told them that my US handset (Blackberry) doesn't work on GPRS as it can't edit Proxy settings, but works only with APN and call charges are being high compared to Docomo (1 paise/ 2 seconds), I have decided to move. They told me that the back end is ready to change the proxy settings and customize the plan for me, if I move to RGSM. I said ok, but with one condition as my 3 friends need the same tariff, which was also agreed.

On Wednesday,Indian Republic day, I went to Web World and filled the application for RGSM and white paper request for cancelling the MNP and to proceed with INP (Internal Number Portability) and provide Reliance GSM as per advice from Chennai CC.

Thursday evening I received SMS from TA-191 saying the MNP is ready and it will change as per the request at 22.00hours on 27th thursday. I thought it is moving to RGSM and inserted RGSM waiting for my Reliance connection active, Nothing happened!! In morning when I tried to call my Reliance number from other operator, it said - the Tata Docomo number you are trying to reach.... I knew that my connection was switched to Docomo. So changed SIM and checked the connection. Now the problem starts...

I was able to get the SMS, make calls to all networks with my old number with Docomo but able to receive calls from all networks EXCEPT Reliance!! I called TATA Docomo CC, they said it is the MNP delay and wait for 2 hours....

Later I found that my CDMA handset receives calls from Reliance networks and able to make calls as well to all networks at the SAME TIME when I was making calls using Docomo with same number!!

I showed to people - every laughed and liked the new concept -

* Calls from all networks received on Docomo

* Calls from Reliance received on CDMA handset

* Calls possible on BOTH HANDSETS with same number, even at the same number

* One number works with 2 operators at the same time

I went to Web world, the head was friend of mine and they all had a good surprise. The complaint was posted both with Docomo & Reliance. Now what my friend at web world says, it was a technical error. The operator has to claim and stop the process of MNP before 4 days or it will automatically switched to the new operator as per the program. The approval for migration to Docomo & approval for retaining number for Reliance was done by the authority in less than one hour difference. The server updating delay may have approved both operators!!

Relaince says that they will retain the number and Tata says they have got the number first and the process is completed. Just now some one called from reliance and confirmed whether both handsets works at the same time & the issue would be resolved quickly, as usual. I told him that I am happy to be with Docomo & I need not require Reliance as they were not able to work on time.

Shall update what happens.

Thanks,

• Like 1

Enjoy Dual No Portability

:rofl_200:

:Sorprendido::Contento:Superb experience, I mean, I sympathise with you, but never expected such thing to happen. Yeh Dil Maange More....

My MNP request is pending and even while my Idea no is still on, Reliance CDMA guys (where I intend to port in) asked me to put their SIM and dial *228 to check if the number has been transferred. I wondered and asked them how could I do when my Idea no is still working and not disconnected. They said try. Fortunately, the Reliance SIM is not working and I am spared from an experience like you.

Its seems most of the operator are having problem with mnp implementation must say Rcdma and Airtel are smoothly processing MNP as per my experience since My Rcdma to Airtel MNP took only 5 days and from today evng my BIS airtel blackberry plan also activated. I didt faced any call related problem but yes airtel took 3days to activate my Rcdma number to its blackberry plan but now I am abel to use Airtel blackberry and call service with any problem

Hi,

Thanks all.

You will get SMS saying the time of migration before porting done. Wait for SMS. It will change on 6th day as 5 days in complete are mandatory before change. If someone calls from IDEA tell them you are moving to Reliance CDMA and do not want to continue, so they can't hold you with them and they can retain only if you fill the CAF & MNP cancellation form to IDEA. Otherwise it will switch to Reliance automatically on 6th Day.

Let us know when you get an idea on your IDEA!!

Good Luck!!

Ha ha funny things happen in life :Sorprendido:

My friend also has problem in MNP. He had moved from Airtel to Vodafone. Yesterday night the change over took place. Today morning his Vodafone has started to work.

But no calls from Airtel. Whenever we call him from Airtel, it says that the Airtel number is presently out of service. But calls from all other networks like Reliance, BSNL all are connecting to the Vodafone.

Lets see how it gets solved.

Dr Saab, take back your complaint & wait for Bills to come..

As o/g calls are possible on both, check which telco charges you & who doesn't.. enjoy the same for life !

Hopefully, both wont charge.. tongue.gif

Same case with me. Migrated RCDMA to !dea.

Outgoing is there from both the operators. Incoming on !dea from all operators except Reliance.

:previous:

Seriously when MNP was implemented in Haryana in November, I had thought about this possibility but was afraid to ask/post it here earlier....

So now this possibility also has come through. :rofl_200::rofl_200:

People who have dual portability, please go ahead and enjoy the going till it lasts. Hope its free too.....:Contento:

WOW thats Portability

Pantech-Sexy-Back-IM-U530K.jpg

Enjoy Both Ways.....LOL

lmao DUAL NO Portability

pehle to MNP Nahin Tha aur ab DUAL lolz

Jab TRAI deta hai to chaffar far ke dual deta hai ha ha ha

My MNP Experience

Date of generation of UPC: Jan 20

Date of application: Jan 21

Donor operator: Idea

Recipient operator: Reliance CDMA

Application status: Rejected today ie Jan 29 by donor due to invalid porting code

I submitted my application to Reliance on Jan 21 and on Jan 22 received sms from them confirming that the application is under process. To ensure that the UPC is keyed in rightly, a senior guy from Reliance webworld asked me to forward the UPC code sms, which I did.

Subsequently I received three sms from Reliance about my pending request, and now the rejection sms today. The reliance guys asked me send porting request again to 1900 to get the porting code (it was valid till Jan 30). I did it and the UPC i received matched with the earlier one and was the same keyed in on the MNP application by reliance? Whom should I write to get my grievance redressed? I think Idea has played a mischief.

Also, I went through MNP Regulations 2009 formed by TRAI. Section 10 of the rules, which specifies responsibility of the donor operator say, "the Donor Operator shall, within twenty-four hours, verify such details and communicate to the Mobile Number Portability Service provider ----". If my UPC was invalid, the donor or the recipient should have informed me at least on the fourth or fifth day of my application. Its been ten days since I applied. Nothing happened.

I have also seen Section 12 of the rules meant for rejection of MNP application. Rejection of application due to invalid porting code is the last of it (subsection `g'). All earlier subsections (non-payment, request in less than 90 days, change of ownership, subjudice, inter-service porting area) do not apply to me and hence Idea may have used the last resort.

It seems if there is no redressal forum, I may have to apply again.

Edited by abhisathe

This is like a 1980's Manmohan Desai Entertainer with Lost and Found Brothers Ever Popular Storyline...Rivetting Stuff..

Hi,

So I am not only the one having this issue on this planet!! I hope my connection would be retained with new provider Docomo, though Reliance is trying to get it back. Since Reliance couldn't act before Docomo got activated, hopefully Docomo will win...

Or both will win and I loose at the end by both retaining their numbers?!!!

Thanks,

And the name of the dual network will be DOCOM . Com from Rcom and Do from DOCOMO

:previous:

Seriously when MNP was implemented in Haryana in November, I had thought about this possibility but was afraid to ask/post it here earlier....

So now this possibility also has come through. :rofl_200::rofl_200:

People who have dual portability, please go ahead and enjoy the going till it lasts. Hope its free too.....:Contento:

Dear Dr. Hari,

I feel this separate topic is not needed. It would have been better if you have shared your experience in the below thread.

Please take it positively.

I beg with fellow members not to start further topics in MNP. You can certianly fit your thoughts in any one of the existing topics. Only spirit behind this appeal is to keep the forum clean.

Dear Admins,

Try to see whether there is possibility to merge this topic with

I have ported my Virgin(cdma) to MTS(cdma). I Got the upc code from Virgin on 20 jan, I went to mts store to submit my documents on 23 jan, I got a sms on 28 jan from virgin mobile that your number will be deactivted for 2 hours from 28 jan 22:00 hour to 29 jan 00:00 hours. On 29 jan i put mts sim in mobile to check if the porting process is done or not. Its 31 jan i m not able to receive and make call from new sim. when i call my number it says its switched off. i contacted mts on 29, 30, 31 jan they always said ur number is activated but for some technical reason ur facing this problem and it will be resolve within 4 hours.

I m very upset. i have not received any call from 29 jan.

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

<< Topic Merged >> and << Topic Title Updated >> :)

This is hilarious. Let us see who wins!!

It is a unethical means adopted by Relaince CDMA i applied for portability on 25th january with another service provider and from 27th my mobile no is disconnected and even my mobile instrument is blocked today is 6th day do you have any government office who takes care of the complaint please let me know on rajennair@hotmail.com

Sure!, Before posting my experience, I had searched for MNP and nothing found on experiences hence it was posted as new.

Kindly do as admin feels.

Thanks

Dear Dr. Hari,

I feel this separate topic is not needed. It would have been better if you have shared your experience in the below thread.

Please take it positively.

I beg with fellow members not to start further topics in MNP. You can certianly fit your thoughts in any one of the existing topics. Only spirit behind this appeal is to keep the forum clean.

Dear Admins,

Try to see whether there is possibility to merge this topic with

My friend ported number to idea from reliance gsm, for first 2-3 days he too had both numbers active, so he had to hunt for another handset to support his 2nd sim. More over he had to recharge his previous service operator to make calls.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk