Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dr. Hari

MNP Experience

^ ^ ^ The issue was tracked down to a fault in the Nokia E6 I was using :duh: never suspected this as the phone was bought just last month.

On inserting the Airtel SIM in my S2 / Photon it shows the full signal strength.

^^^^^

Nokia is NOT as good in quality as earlier...

I am glad to learn that lesson, from now on I'll keep away from these 'Made in India' nokia phones, but I wish I didn't have to learn it the hard way :(

^^ Better late than never... :)

Hi Rimweb Gurus

MNP Requested: 28-Jul-12

MNP Completed: 03-Aug-12

I was able to activate number, using uim card provided and recharged using freecharge.in

When I went to reliance store to transfer my number from UIM to device, reliance store guy says he cant find my details in his system. I got the number ported from Airtel to Reliance, and porting happend today (aug 03, 1AM to 3AM)

This is very strange. I have got 5 number ported to reliance till date and never has such issue. Did any one face such issue.

As per the latest update, reliance store guy asked me to wait till next day evening. Is this normal with mnp or strange.

Please advice/share.

Thanks,

Kareem

^ in reliance, everything is normal.. :Silbando:

Getting my last postpaid connection which was 5 years old ported to Airtel now, as network issues are still there and signals are fluctuating all the time leading to dropped calls and vlice break. Next would be my landline as i am on the unlimited plan. Once the postpaid is migrated will downgrade the plan. Wish they had porting option for wireline too, life would be so good.

Want to share my porting experience of reliance prepaid to docomo cdma. I raised a porting request, didn't get the details from reliance. Finally had to bombard the customer care with calls and got my port out no. Called docomo customer care line and they asked to visit the nearest store with documents and details. I went to the Koramangala store after filling up the form and submitting the fun started. The counter guy posted a sticker of GSM no and gave me the sim. I said i don't want GSM i want CDMA and the response i get is not available and he points me to another guy.I go and speak to this guy and he says we are having technical issues so we are not porting to CDMA, what a lame excuse, this really made me angry and i said i want to talk to a manager.

Went to manager;s cabin, this guy is just sitting on his desk doing time pass, he does not even know what the reps outside are communicating and he being a manager is asking his subordinates that can't we port to CDMA, can't we port to postpaid. I asked for his name and he was not ready to disclose his identity, i told him i wasted 30 minutes here and you are saying porting to cdma is not possibile,why did your customer care direct me to here. His repsonse was they did and i did not say to you that you can port to cdma. Finally Mr Praveen gave me his name and i walked out of there.

Tata is just pushing customers to GSM and they are not interested in giving cdma connections, later on after talking to Saket realised that what he has been saying all along is true, where they want to use CDMA for data service only and are pushing customers to GSM, they are even trying to push existing cdma customers to GSM.

I am sad to see the state of Indian telecom providers, wish someone looked into this and did something.

:previous: SAME HERE wanted to port my MTS number to tata cdma about 2 months ago at Patna and got the same response. I didnt argue with them much as i wanted to port just because of licence cancellation of MTS. Now i have decided to wait till auction.

I had very smooth experience porting my number from r-cdma to docomo cdma in June 12,Only problem was the executive told me that prepaid mnp sim is not available and I need to take postpaid for mnp,I opted for that and was done within 5days,without any hassels.Call data everything are working fine.

:previous: I was also told that postpaid is possible but i declined.

Well, i got this tip from one of our forum member's Saket , instead of going to the Docomo customer care center to try local retailer shops and see if they take the request. I went to around 6 to 7 shops, they all wanted to take the request but did not have any tata cdma sim in stock. Finally after inputs from Saket got a shop who had a indicom cdma sim , i filled up the porting form he called someone and he said yes it can be ported on this sim. So keeping my fingers crossed.

If this works then probably you guys can also try the same.

@dushie

does reliance gsm have 3g in bangalore?

They are selling 3G connections here, i have never used reliance GSM so don't know how it is. Have always been a Reliance CDMA customer from last 9 years.

@dushie

does reliance gsm have 3g in bangalore?

NO.. Only EDGE in GSM, else EVDO for RCdma...

MNP from TATA DOCOMO to Vodafone Maharashtra,

Reason:- Unstable internet connection, wont connect when needed the most

24th Aug:-UPC generated

24th Aug:-Doc submitted at Vodafone mini store

27th Aug:- Porting requested approved by current operator.

29th Aug:- around 10PM, mobile started saying SIM registration failed :(, changed SIM and completed tele verification

30th Aug:- everything working fine on vodafone(Incoming, Data, Outgoing, SMS)

31st Aug:- Received call from Tata Docomo, Sir why do you want to port :doh:

From Vodafone to RCDMA

Reason: No network in my office. Lodged many compalints and their engineer visited my office. He confirmed the poor network and said that nothing can be done. As and when they change their tower or improve it will be done. It is long process and they are sorry. BTW the tower is just 100 meters from my office.

22nd Aug: UPC generated

24th: Documents submitted to Web world.

30th: received SMS that service will star from midnight. At 11PM received another SMS, your service active. Put RUIM in CDMA handset got tele verification. Service started within an hour after that.

I am back to original service provider, RCDMA. This time with prepaid connection. Subah ka bhula shaam ko vaapas aaye to bhula nahi kehte. :winko:

I ported from Bhai Saheb Nahin Lagega to Vodafone. No hassles.

I put in the 1900 request on the 11th. Then my vendor found out that for a Pastpaid I need to visit them. Went to Vodafone Mini Store on the 12th. Filled up the forms,gave the RQ ack no and handed over my passport Xerox and also last bill and payment receipt. Picked up the SIM. The salesperson told me that despite my 2000 deposit I should try and clear the bill for the running month, so on the way back paid another Rs.600 cash. Got the receipt went back and gave a copy to Vodafone. On the 18th we get an sms from Voda that porting is approved, and they will sms me the exact time details. Nothing happened, BSNL went dead, plugged in the Vodafone SIM and was up and running. The 2G connection setting were also pre-programmed.

Very happy. Of course I never expected a call from BSNL and never got one.

Want to share my porting experience of reliance prepaid to docomo cdma. I raised a porting request, didn't get the details from reliance. Finally had to bombard the customer care with calls and got my port out no. Called docomo customer care line and they asked to visit the nearest store with documents and details. I went to the Koramangala store after filling up the form and submitting the fun started. The counter guy posted a sticker of GSM no and gave me the sim. I said i don't want GSM i want CDMA and the response i get is not available and he points me to another guy.I go and speak to this guy and he says we are having technical issues so we are not porting to CDMA, what a lame excuse, this really made me angry and i said i want to talk to a manager.

Went to manager;s cabin, this guy is just sitting on his desk doing time pass, he does not even know what the reps outside are communicating and he being a manager is asking his subordinates that can't we port to CDMA, can't we port to postpaid. I asked for his name and he was not ready to disclose his identity, i told him i wasted 30 minutes here and you are saying porting to cdma is not possibile,why did your customer care direct me to here. His repsonse was they did and i did not say to you that you can port to cdma. Finally Mr Praveen gave me his name and i walked out of there.

Tata is just pushing customers to GSM and they are not interested in giving cdma connections, later on after talking to Saket realised that what he has been saying all along is true, where they want to use CDMA for data service only and are pushing customers to GSM, they are even trying to push existing cdma customers to GSM.

I am sad to see the state of Indian telecom providers, wish someone looked into this and did something.

so finally did u manage to port to Tata Cdma?

I ported from AirTel to TATA CDMA:

• 27th Jan, UPC generation took 2 hours
  • Retailer told me I am his first customer who switched from GSM to CDMA since MNP came into effect :Sonrojado:
  • Jan 28th, documents submitted to TATA. TATA guy had shocking face :Ohhhh: looking at I am porting from AirTel to TATA CDMA.
  • Jan 29th, got SMS from TATA that they have forwarded the port-request to AirTel
  • Feb 3rd, I got SMS that number will be ported around 10:14.
  • I could see AirTel signals till 11 but after I switched-OFF-ON my phone AirTel SIM reregistration failed. Early morning I turned on CDMA phone and I see welcome to TATA DOCOMO message :)

AirTel people never called me to know why I am porting.

Ported from RCDMA to RGSM (INP).

Pros:

* their ICR tie up with Aircel in Bangalore has helped me take this decision. Now I'm manuallyn on Aircel, not the worthless RGSM network.

* No more silly heating issues, battery drain, update problems, apps malfunctioning, which I faced for yrs.

* Bought a OnePlus one, which is probably better & much cheaper compared to the latest OMH CDMA offering of HTC E8 in the market. Not mentioning imported handsets here, since all of them will have the same update issues every 6-8 months.

Cons*

Despite ICR tie up, network is almost 20-30% weaker compared to RCDMA which I find mainly, while travelling within the city.

Edited by ACS

:previous:

I can't understand your point. How heating problem and apps malfunctioning are related to network ? They relate to handset I think. Can anyone shed more light onto this ?

Why had most of the RCDMA users ported out after MNP implementation? Not due to bad network but due to choice of handsets. Most of us stayed back to cdma as this forum was a lifeline & enabled us to do some jugaad with imported phones..

However, as pointed out by me in multiple threads, for noobs in general, imported/unlocked cdma smartassphones slowly become a pain in the neck.. I guess at least 90% of imported/unlocked CDMA smartphone users belong to that category.

Sim incompatibility/Update issues/Data settings/Various carrier flavours & MIN insertions/Battery heating & drain due to weak EVDO/Factory reset restrictions/Zero understanding or help at RMS/CC etc.

Yes, Official HTC OMH smartphones have no such issues but are way too expensive compared to these. But if one is an importer/seller/techie etc RCDMA is the best thing that's happened to you!

Edited by ACS
  • Like 1

Ported RGSM (Prepaid) to Vodafone (Postpaid)

Reason for Port Out: Poor Network Coverage and bad customer care experience.

On 5-Mar-15 Generated Code and submitted documents at Vodafone Store

On 10-Mar-15 got SMS porting request approved, porting time will be intimated shortly.

On 11-Mar-15 Number working on Vodafone

Got no other Call / SMS from either operator.

I had given porting request today.

From Vodafone to Reliance GSM.

When I visited Reliance Communication office (in Dombivili) The sales girl told I cant port for Reliance GSM Pre-paid, as porting to Reliance GSM is stopped by the Company. I asked here to write it on a paper and give this info, she refused to give it on writing. They told me take a Rs.350/month Post Paid connection and they will make sure it can be ported to Reliance GSM from Vodafone. I am porting from Vodafone because I dont have signal at my residence in Dombivili (Mumbai). It does not make sense to have a mobile if there is no network. After fighting for 15 mins finally they agreed to take my porting request. Now waiting for it to get it ported to Reliance GSM Pre-paid.