Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dr. Hari

MNP Experience

Update...

Finally, since yesterday my Tata Docomo became fully functional as incoming calls as well as SMS started flowing. To my surprise, my old Reliance SIM card provides outgoing calls even now. No incoming calls and SMS to it. I am also getting SMS from Reliance on Docomo connection to recharge for uninterpreted service! Also if I dial *225 on Reliance, I am getting balance message on (from Reliance) I removed the Reliance SIM card, that's it.

Tata Docomo was charging for the browsing from the main balance though the GPRS pack was activated. CC guys said that I am using Dive in, which was not true. I had removed Dive in & MMS settings. Finally, I edited the profile and turned off the Proxy the settings, which I received from Docomo.

Now everything is fine.

Thanks!

Edited by Dr. Hari

Hi,

I have gone for porting of my number (9396777604) previously it was CDMA and as i not satisfied with my CDMA handsets, i have changed to GSM. Now the number has been activated in GSM, i face lot of problems.

1. I have gone for MNP and the charges were (porting rs 19+2) + sim charges (25)=46 rs.

2. It has been activated in GSM.

3. I have recharged my number with FRC 34 rs (as mentioned in reliance pamphlet) but i have not got balance in my account for the special tarrif. I should get a talk time of 20.

4. I called many times 198 and *333, but no use. Customer care is unable to help

5. I am unable to do easy recharge for talk time also. Easy recharge says the transaction was successful, but i get no balance in my mobile nor the message.

I think they are facing may technical issues.

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

<< Topic Merged >> :)

I am trying since last 7-8 days with *333 operators (& had spent good amount of my hard earned money on those calls as complaint no. 198 is always busy.) for getting the PORT code from Reliance.

I have got the following complaint IDs

145947235 dtd 28/01/2011

146042939 dtd 30/01/2011

146134509 dtd 31/01/2011

146205624 dtd 01/02/2011

But Still even today, I am not able to get the PORTING REQUEST Code after sending sms in correct format.

I am getting reply from 1901 as "Dear Reliance Customer, Your Request could not be processed. Please try after some time. Thank you"

The CC is suggesting stupid options like restart phone & then send, reinstall the sim & try to use another handset etc.

Applied for porting in for RCDMA once again yesterday. First attempt failed as my donor operator Idea responded after ten days rejecting my MNP application on flimsy grounds that my UPC code was invalid.

Now trying with a fresh code as earlier 15 day period has expired. Have paid all bills of idea so far. The day I sent in SMS for the UPC code, Idea CC called up asking why I was porting out. When told that I have network issues in office which have not been resolved for nearly a year, they told that I shall witness improvement soon. They also offered to take a fresh complaint from me on this. When I said I do not wish to lodge any complaint, he said, `so you are sure you want to move out?'. Thats all.

Now waiting for another six days for MNP to happen.....

27-01-2011: 9:00 pm Submitted MNP papers to TaTaDocomo store . He told me that next day morning ,application will be forwarded to Docomo office for MNP process.

28-01-2011 : It is MNP process date officially.

29-01-2011 : Docomo executive visited my home. door locked.

31-01-2011 : Executive revisited my home at 2:00 pm.

31-01-2011 : Got a reconfirmation call from docomo

31-0102011: 11:30 om got a SMS from Reliance. Port in request is forwarded to Docomo.

03-02-2011 : Early morning 8:30 am called Docomo CC about MNP status. No info.

03-02-2011 : at 1:10 pm Got a call from Reliance. Call looks like formality. He asked me that why you want to transfer. I said that I want to migrate to GSM. Why not RGSM. I am using RGSM but I am not happy with RGSM. He said Thanks.

Almost 7 days passed including holiday. Let see when my number will be ported. Hope I will update the port in status soon.

Edited by rkburra

Ported out my Vodafone (Maharashtra) to TATA Indicom CDMA.. Vodafone went off yesterday evening.. TATA Still not active :-(

This is for my wife's number.

RCom GSM (Prepaid) --> Tata Docomo (Postpaid)

22 Jan - Sent request from Rcom for UPC, received it instantly. Valid till Feb 6.

24 Jan - Applied online on Docomo's website

25 Jan - Docomo exec visited place n completed application

31 Jan - Got verification call from Docomo

Till date (Feb 4).. Number not ported.

Nobody knows nothing!! Docomo says call Reliance.. reliance says call Docomo.

They took years to launch MNP, got pilot running in Haryana for so many days before pan India launch n still not ready!! Absolutely ridiculous

Ported out my Vodafone (Maharashtra) to TATA Indicom CDMA.. Vodafone went off yesterday evening.. TATA Still not active :-(

My no finally started today evening at 3pm. Problem was with sim n sim replacement solved it.

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk

NOw they say Lifetime prepaid coustomers cant PORT as its violation to the contract? Is it true or legal to block porting?

27-01-2011: 9:00 pm Submitted MNP papers to TaTaDocomo store . He told me that next day morning ,application will be forwarded to Docomo office for MNP process.

31-0102011: 11:30 om got a SMS from Reliance. Port in request is forwarded to Docomo.

03-02-2011 : at 1:10 pm Got a call from Reliance. Call looks like formality. He asked me that why you want to transfer. I said that I want to migrate to GSM. Why not RGSM. I am using RGSM but I am not happy with RGSM. He said Thanks.

Almost 7 days passed including holiday. Let see when my number will be ported. Hope I will update the port in status soon.

04:02.2011 11:00 pm. Number is ported.

Now I am facing following problems,

1. As per website,I suppose to get 100 MB data free, itemized bill and 1p/6sec T2T local. But as per CC these are not activated for my account. CC guy is not ready to take complaint for it.
  2. Not able to send and receive SMS
  3. Not receiving incoming calls. But able to do outgoing calls.
  4. Still I am receiving a SMS for VAS services to my RCDMA phone.

Its utter stupid to say that and illegal too. What do operators who claim so have to say if I don't recharge my lifetime prepaid card for one year? Will they not disconnect the number and circulate it for fresh allotment? I think operators are upto dirty tricks now. They need a whacking from TRAI on this. In India, if you are given liberty to decide and interpret laws, you stretch things too far in your favour.

NOw they say Lifetime prepaid coustomers cant PORT as its violation to the contract? Is it true or legal to block porting?

Edited by abhisathe

MNP seems to be a real mess. I really wonder how they (DOT, TRAI) did not forsee these issues. Unless these operators are penalized for every port-out request they are illegally blocking, I don't see how things will change much in the future.

They will keep inventing excuses like these and keep harassing random/higher ARPU customers.

On 5th Day Finally RGSM SIM Deactivated.

1. As per website,I suppose to get 100 MB data free, itemized bill and 1p/6sec T2T local. But as per CC these are not activated for my account. CC guy is not ready to take complaint for it.

I think the early bird (launch) offer is till 30th Jan2011 only, if you see the fine-print.. It is not at all worthy imho, as MNP was launched just on 21st Jan and seven FULL WORKING days are needed for porting (that excludes Jan26th and Saturday and sunday in between)...

Frustrated with the Porting Procedure's...Have written a mail to anil ambani & SAC - check the trail below.

Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 11:21 AM

To: anil.ambani@relianceada.com

Cc: serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com; customercare@relianceada.com; gsm.customercare@relianceada.com

Subject: Port out Request not Actioned - Very Frustrated

Sir,

I am expecting this email will resolve my problem and will also highlight the problems faced by me and many other customers. I am a Reliance customer since inception and I had all complete faith in the Services provided by Reliance, but this time I have been let down.

To bring to your notice that I had given a port out request from CDMA to GSM on 28th Jan for 93201XX2XX , which should have been actioned in 7 days (Including the Mobile Clearing house). Today 6th Feb, after 10 days I still have not got the number ported. The only update I have is that its pending with "Mobile clearing house"

The frustration is that every customer care executive or the supervisor has told me only things which are available on the system and no one has taken ownership to further check why it has been delayed by Mobile clearing house. If there is a technical issue at the mobile clearing house, then that is not a customer's problem. 7 Days are in lieu and I am sure that includes any downtime a system may have from Reliance end or from any 3rd party.

Whilst I appreciate that there is a process involved to get the number ported, I am surprised as well that the structure is missing. As a customer I have no clue who I should approach as I have been told its 3rd Party. I think this will be ownership of Reliance itself as Port Out and Port in are both involving Reliance communications.

I am sorry to say that customer care (Including Supervisors) have been of no help or very little help, so again no idea what empowerment has been given to your first line of contact which directly deals with customers.

I would want to know when this will be resolved "With specific timelines" not exceeding 8 Hrs. Since I think 3 days of grace has already been given to execute my request.

Another frustration is that when a customer does not make a payment reminders are given twice a day to make the payment to have smooth services from Reliance, but when there is a delay from Reliance / 3rd Parties end, customers are not informed even once in a day with the status of the request.

Thanks & Regards

Chirag Thakkar

I think the early bird (launch) offer is till 30th Jan2011 only, if you see the fine-print.. It is not at all worthy imho, as MNP was launched just on 21st Jan and seven FULL WORKING days are needed for porting (that excludes Jan26th and Saturday and sunday in between)...

Early bird offer applicable to 31st March for postpaid.

I am able to receive incoming calls from TaTa, Airtel and Idea. But not from BSNL and Reliance. I doubt these top two MNP port out operators are doing some wrong gimmicks.

I ported out my RGSM Number to VOdafone. From the very first day I am able to receive Call & SMS from all Networks.

Frustrated with the Porting Procedure's...Have written a mail to anil ambani & SAC - check the trail below.From: Chirag ThakkarSent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 11:21 AMTo: anil.ambani@relianceada.comCc: serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com; customercare@relianceada.com; gsm.customercare@relianceada.comSubject: Port out Request not Actioned - Very FrustratedSir,I am expecting this email will resolve my problem and will also highlight the problems faced by me and many other customers. I am a Reliance customer since inception and I had all complete faith in the Services provided by Reliance, but this time I have been let down.To bring to your notice that I had given a port out request from CDMA to GSM on 28th Jan for 93201XX2XX , which should have been actioned in 7 days (Including the Mobile Clearing house). Today 6th Feb, after 10 days I still have not got the number ported. The only update I have is that its pending with "Mobile clearing house"The frustration is that every customer care executive or the supervisor has told me only things which are available on the system and no one has taken ownership to further check why it has been delayed by Mobile clearing house. If there is a technical issue at the mobile clearing house, then that is not a customer's problem. 7 Days are in lieu and I am sure that includes any downtime a system may have from Reliance end or from any 3rd party.Whilst I appreciate that there is a process involved to get the number ported, I am surprised as well that the structure is missing. As a customer I have no clue who I should approach as I have been told its 3rd Party. I think this will be ownership of Reliance itself as Port Out and Port in are both involving Reliance communications. I am sorry to say that customer care (Including Supervisors) have been of no help or very little help, so again no idea what empowerment has been given to your first line of contact which directly deals with customers.I would want to know when this will be resolved "With specific timelines" not exceeding 8 Hrs. Since I think 3 days of grace has already been given to execute my request.Another frustration is that when a customer does not make a payment reminders are given twice a day to make the payment to have smooth services from Reliance, but when there is a delay from Reliance / 3rd Parties end, customers are not informed even once in a day with the status of the request.Thanks & RegardsChirag Thakkar

Exactly same problem is occuring with me bro...First I had struggled to get UPC code from R-CDMA..now after submitting MNP request to AIRCEL..on 29/01/11 ..A'cel ppl are saying R-CDMA has not approved the request..Called Rel CC no of times..They say technical issue..will not be able to tell in how many days it will get resolved ???

Nodal officer no in Delhi - 011-30332655 no body picks that phone...WTF !!

Has R-CDMA got these stupid strategies to retain customer ? What the hell is TRAI and Kapil Sibal doing ????

What can I do in this case ??

Rgds

Sumit

My first experience:

Date of generation of UPC: Jan 17 or 18 (which I confirmed again on Jan 21)

Date of application: To Reliance CDMA on Jan 21

Donor operator: Idea (no response from them), no SMS from donor operator till date about receipt of application or process or rejection.

Result: on Jan 29 informed by Reliance that my MNP application rejected by donor operator due to invalid UPC. (Reliance guys asked me to make a UPC request again. The UPC generated was the same I had put in my application. Don't understand what Idea meant by invalid UPC.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My second experience:

Date of generation of UPC: Feb 01

Date of application: Again to Reliance CDMA on Feb 01

Donor operator: Idea, got a call from them after generation of second UPC asking why I was moving. told them problem of bad network at office, they said it will be rectified and offered me to take a fresh complaint. When I refused, didnt pursuade much. Since then no SMS about receipt, process or rejection by donor operator.

Result: Reliance guys, when I contacted them, said that my application was rejected by the clearing house on Jan 29. Please understand this. I applied on Feb 1 after generating a fresh UPC, but clearing house says application rejected two days before I applied.

Reliance guys in Thane told me that they have pointed out this issue to clearning house people and are getting my application processed again. This means it will take more time again.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I now request all friends in the forum to help me get email IDs of authorities in TRAI or DoT, whom I can write and ask for action against Idea. I feel that they are upto silly tricks to retain their customer, not understanding that this is eroding their goodwill.

Frustrated with the Porting Procedure's...Have written a mail to anil ambani & SAC - check the trail below.From: Chirag ThakkarSent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 11:21 AMTo: anil.ambani@relianceada.comCc: serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com; customercare@relianceada.com; gsm.customercare@relianceada.comSubject: Port out Request not Actioned - Very FrustratedSir,I am expecting this email will resolve my problem and will also highlight the problems faced by me and many other customers. I am a Reliance customer since inception and I had all complete faith in the Services provided by Reliance, but this time I have been let down.To bring to your notice that I had given a port out request from CDMA to GSM on 28th Jan for 93201XX2XX , which should have been actioned in 7 days (Including the Mobile Clearing house). Today 6th Feb, after 10 days I still have not got the number ported. The only update I have is that its pending with "Mobile clearing house"The frustration is that every customer care executive or the supervisor has told me only things which are available on the system and no one has taken ownership to further check why it has been delayed by Mobile clearing house. If there is a technical issue at the mobile clearing house, then that is not a customer's problem. 7 Days are in lieu and I am sure that includes any downtime a system may have from Reliance end or from any 3rd party.Whilst I appreciate that there is a process involved to get the number ported, I am surprised as well that the structure is missing. As a customer I have no clue who I should approach as I have been told its 3rd Party. I think this will be ownership of Reliance itself as Port Out and Port in are both involving Reliance communications. I am sorry to say that customer care (Including Supervisors) have been of no help or very little help, so again no idea what empowerment has been given to your first line of contact which directly deals with customers.I would want to know when this will be resolved "With specific timelines" not exceeding 8 Hrs. Since I think 3 days of grace has already been given to execute my request.Another frustration is that when a customer does not make a payment reminders are given twice a day to make the payment to have smooth services from Reliance, but when there is a delay from Reliance / 3rd Parties end, customers are not informed even once in a day with the status of the request.Thanks & RegardsChirag Thakkar

Exactly same problem is occuring with me bro...First I had struggled to get UPC code from R-CDMA..now after submitting MNP request to AIRCEL..on 29/01/11 ..A'cel ppl are saying R-CDMA has not approved the request..Called Rel CC no of times..They say technical issue..will not be able to tell in how many days it will get resolved ???

Nodal officer no in Delhi - 011-30332655 no body picks that phone...WTF !!

Has R-CDMA got these stupid strategies to retain customer ? What the hell is TRAI and Kapil Sibal doing ????

What can I do in this case ??

Rgds

Sumit

exactly same problem as of sumit. got UPC easily on 24 th Jan, submitted docs to aircel on 27 th Jan, till then msg from reliance, aircel or 1901. after 7 days I called aircel guy, he told me that reliance is not releasing my no. called rcom, cc says the request is in solving stage. called again aircel guy yesterday, he told that my request is pending in reliance.

this way reliance is going to loose more customers as this lead to frustration. I will now convert all 3 reliance no. to other operators.

Edited by amitnsonu

I now request all friends in the forum to help me get email IDs of authorities in TRAI or DoT, whom I can write and ask for action against Idea. I feel that they are upto silly tricks to retain their customer, not understanding that this is eroding their goodwill.

Dear friend, refer our FAQ section for emailds of TRAI and DoT to complain.

Dear fellow members, please keep your eye on FAQ section since it's frequently getting updated by our beloved Rajan.

sent a mail to both email ids provided by rajan bhai regarding delay in MNP process, here it is :

Subject : Complaint against Reliance communications for delay in MNP process

Dear Mr. Kapil sibal

Hon'ble Telecom minister

India

Here is my complaint regarding delay in MNP process from my existing service provider Reliance communication

Name : Amit Chaudhary<br clear="all">

Mobile number : 93106xxxxx

Circle : Delhi NCR

Portout network : Reliance CDMA

Port in network : Aircel

Timeline

24 Jan 2011 :UPC generation date.

27 Jan 2011 : Applied to aircel with all formalities (adress proof, id proof, upc code).

28 Jan 2011 : Address verification done by aircel.

till then no message from 1900, no message from aircel, no message from reliance. 4 Feb 2011 : time limit of 7 days (including holidays) for process of MNP expires but no porting done.

5 Feb 2011 : I contacted aircel executive which told me that from our side every thing is complete, reliance is not releasing your number.

I called Reliance CC @198, they told me that it is still in process. I ask its already 7 days over. he replied sir we cannot say anything but it will resolve soon, no time given.

But the one important thing i did not recieved any msg from 1900 or aircel or reliance regarding mnp process.

Till date my porting process is not complete as already 11 days passed.

I request you to take some disciplinary action against the culprit.<br clear="all">

Thank you

one update as of today : aircel guy told me that his senior sent a mail to some rcom officer regarding this clearing (as i am not alone customer facing this problem with reliance, he was having another 5-6 numbers from reliance with same problem, OMG reliance loosing customer @ very fast pace), and your number will be ported tomorrow (9 feb) night.

let's see :Equivocado:

complaint sent to TRAI and Dept of Telecommunications Monday

-----------------------------------------------

To

Whom it may concern

Telecom Regulatory Authority of India

New Delhi

CC: Idea customer care, Idea corporate care, Idea grievances, Reliance customer care.

Sub: Unjustified rejection of MNP application first by Idea Cellular Limited and subsequently by MNP clearing house.

Sir/Madam

I am a postpaid GSM subscriber of Idea Cellular Limited, Mumbai region, for the past one year. I had twice applied for MNP in the past fortnight from Idea Cellular Limited to Reliance CDMA. Both my applications have been rejected on grounds, which I believe are flimsy, unjustified and illegal.

First MNP application:

Donor operator: Idea Mumbai (cell no 810XXXX000)

Recipient operator: Reliance CDMA

UPC code: IM296WMU

Date of application: January 21, 2010

Status: After applying for MNP through Reliance CDMA, I ensured that all my previous bills are cleared. Since my new bill was issued in between the porting process (Jan 23), I also ensured that it was paid immediately so as to not invoke the default in payment clause for rejection of my request.

There was no communication from Idea during all this period, either in the form of calls from customer care or SMSes. On January 29, I received an sms from Reliance informing that my request has been rejected by Idea due to invalid UPC.

I sent another request to 1900 for UPC and matched it with the one I had keyed in my application. It was the same. I am failing to understand why my MNP request was rejected by Idea for invalid UPC.

Second MNP application:

Donor operator: Idea Mumbai (cell no 810XXXX000)

Recipient operator: Reliance CDMA

UPC code: IM894333

Date of application: February 1, 2010

Status: After application, Reliance guys ensured that my UPC is properly keyed in. I waited for four days during which there was no communication in the form of calls from customer care or SMSes from Idea about the status of my MNP application.

Subsequently, when I pursued with Reliance CDMA guys, I was told that the MNP clearing house has informed the recipient operator that my application has been rejected due to invalid UPC on January 29.

It is difficult for me to understand how my application dated February 1 was rejected on January 29?

Reliance guys said this was due to some confusion and that my application will be reprocessed. It's been two days since and there is no reply from Idea as well as Reliance CDMA.

Meanwhile, when I checked with Idea customer care, I was told that my MNP application is under process and no decision has been taken on it.

PLEA:

I, Abhijit Dattatraya Sathe, resident of XXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXX, Thane 400601, therefore, request you to provide relief on following counts after conducting a probe into the above information provided by me:

1) Action against Idea cellular for rejecting my first MNP application (UPC code: IM296WMU) without sufficient justified reasons.

2) Action against the MNP clearing house for rejecting my second MNP application (UPC code: IM894333) on erroneous grounds.

3) Reprocessing of my earlier MNP applications and completion of the process without any hassles.

4) Directions to the donor and recipient operators as well as the MNP clearing house to keep subscribers posted on day-to-day basis about the status of their application during the MNP process.

Regards

Edited by abhisathe

I gave a porting application for my number 93XXXXXXXX from Reliance CDMA to Reliance GSM on 24th of Jan 2011.

Till yesterday, 8th FEB, nothing was done. Repeated visits to reliance webworld and calls to customer care yielded the same answer "its in progress".

From today (9th FEB 2011), my incoming is barred, and I am invisible. Anybody calling me gets the message "Please check the number you have dialed", no matter what network they are calling from.

I am reading horror stories about incoming barred for 4-5 days or even more.

Anybody got an idea how to complain to TRAI?

Why did TRAI say 7 days and max 2 hours of downtime if they are not interested in accepting consumer complaints?