Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dr. Hari

MNP Experience

Root of all causes is Reliance whether it is port in or port out.

Now I will definitely keep away from ADA group by all mean

(I just avoid to invest with Reliance mutual fund, although I know its managed by trustee)

Reliance hai hai

Reliance hai hai :angry::angry:

Root of all causes is Reliance whether it is port in or port out.

Now I will definitely keep away from ADA group by all mean

(I just avoid to invest with Reliance mutual fund, although I know its managed by trustee)

Reliance hai hai

Reliance hai hai :angry::angry:

Yes. I have port out frm RCDMA to Docomo. But still RCDMA is active and all reliance calls are still coming to RCDMA. When contacted Docomo CC, they told me that it is a technicla problem from Reliance.

sent a mail to both email ids provided by rajan bhai regarding delay in MNP process, here it is :

Subject : Complaint against Reliance communications for delay in MNP process

Dear Mr. Kapil sibal

Hon'ble Telecom minister

India

Here is my complaint regarding delay in MNP process from my existing service provider Reliance communication

Name : Amit Chaudhary<br clear="all">

Mobile number : 93106xxxxx

Circle : Delhi NCR

Portout network : Reliance CDMA

Port in network : Aircel

Timeline

24 Jan 2011 :UPC generation date.

27 Jan 2011 : Applied to aircel with all formalities (adress proof, id proof, upc code).

28 Jan 2011 : Address verification done by aircel.

till then no message from 1900, no message from aircel, no message from reliance. 4 Feb 2011 : time limit of 7 days (including holidays) for process of MNP expires but no porting done.

5 Feb 2011 : I contacted aircel executive which told me that from our side every thing is complete, reliance is not releasing your number.

I called Reliance CC @198, they told me that it is still in process. I ask its already 7 days over. he replied sir we cannot say anything but it will resolve soon, no time given.

But the one important thing i did not recieved any msg from 1900 or aircel or reliance regarding mnp process.

Till date my porting process is not complete as already 11 days passed.

I request you to take some disciplinary action against the culprit.<br clear="all">

Thank you

one update as of today : aircel guy told me that his senior sent a mail to some rcom officer regarding this clearing (as i am not alone customer facing this problem with reliance, he was having another 5-6 numbers from reliance with same problem, OMG reliance loosing customer @ very fast pace), and your number will be ported tomorrow (9 feb) night.

let's see :Equivocado:

Guys here is another 2 updates from my side :

I got a revert of my email to Reliance stating that "We have not recieved any port out request for your number, please contact your recipient operator".

Than Today I called Aircel guy and what he told me is smelling another telecom scam ongoing.

he told me that my request is pending with MCHA (Mobile Number Portability clearing house administrator), not with reliance, hence there is no guilty of reliance in this case.

But the question arise why this request is pending in MCHA ?

Is reliance paying money to MCHA for not sending the port out request to the reliance, so that they become innocent without loosing customer.

what the hell is going on ?

after so many days my mood is changing regarding MNP.

I am thinking of continuing this number with reliance.

I m getting good postpaid plan "simple 99" with additional 100 Rs calling including roaming+ 11 Rs sms addon.

now thinking of putting my old vodafone number into my wildfire as it has very good coverage all over India.

Sali MNP ne aur jyada confuse kar diya hai :confuse:

Last Saturday 5th Feb,2011 I had submitted the form to retailer for porting my mobile number from LOOP to IDEA in Mumbai. Today I got a message at 12:10 PM

MSISDN: 98xxxxxxx (my mobile number)

Message Type : PORT OUT

... Reason: Invalid Unique Porting Code Value

After one minute at 12:11 PM

I got another SMS saying:

MSISDN: 98xxxxxxx (my mobile number)

Message Type : PORT OUT

Deactivation Time: null

What does this both messages mean? Is it rejected or ported?

When I called Idea CC I tried talking to Noel Ingles and Mohini Both of them was totally blank on this. They just asked me that they cant take any complaint on this, I need to visit Nearest My IDEA Store. WHAT AN IDEA SIRJEE......

Very Bad service by IDEA...

From my own experience and the experiences shared above, it is now clear that the MNP system will take some more time to stabilise and become error free. What I realise now is that mobile operators, who have been consistently been opposing MNP, are taking advantage of the lacunae in MNP system to harass MNP customers.

The reason for them to do so appears very simple: harass customers as much as possible to imbibe upon them that MNP system is full of problems and there is no point switching to other operators. Perhaps that appears to be their way of retention of customers.

After two failed MNP processes, even I am feeling the fatigue and meaninglessness of making all the efforts. Although I am not going to give up, there are plenty who may give up their plan to switch and stick to their operator making a compromise with what ever they are offered in terms of services.

Edited by abhisathe

sent a mail to both email ids provided by rajan bhai regarding delay in MNP process, here it is :

Dear Mr. Kapil sibal

Hon'ble Telecom minister

India

Here is my complaint regarding delay in MNP process from my existing service provider Reliance communication

Timeline

27 Jan 2011 : Applied to aircel with all formalities (adress proof, id proof, upc code).

till then no message from 1900, no message from aircel, no message from reliance. 4 Feb 2011 : time limit of 7 days (including holidays) for process of MNP expires but no porting done.

5 Feb 2011 : I contacted aircel executive which told me that from our side every thing is complete, reliance is not releasing your number.

I called Reliance CC @198, they told me that it is still in process. I ask its already 7 days over. he replied sir we cannot say anything but it will resolve soon, no time given.

But the one important thing i did not recieved any msg from 1900 or aircel or reliance regarding mnp process.

I request you to take some disciplinary action against the culprit.<br clear="all">

Thank you

one update as of today : aircel guy told me that his senior sent a mail to some rcom officer regarding this clearing (as i am not alone customer facing this problem with reliance, he was having another 5-6 numbers from reliance with same problem, OMG reliance loosing customer @ very fast pace), and your number will be ported tomorrow (9 feb) night.

I got a revert of my email to Reliance stating that "We have not recieved any port out request for your number, please contact your recipient operator".

Than Today I called Aircel guy and what he told me is smelling another telecom scam ongoing.

he told me that my request is pending with MCHA (Mobile Number Portability clearing house administrator), not with reliance, hence there is no guilty of reliance in this case.

Is reliance paying money to MCHA for not sending the port out request to the reliance, so that they become innocent without loosing customer.

I m getting good postpaid plan "simple 99" with additional 100calling including roaming+ 11sms addon.

now thinking of putting my old vodafone number into my wildfire as it has very good coverage all over India.

to saala meri application bhi mobile house main lattki hui hai !!!

amit bhai ..main tumahre peeche peeche chal raha hun.......i received same mail today saying we have not received any port out req.

which i replied very wittingly ...

Dear Prasun

We have tried contacting you but were unable to reach you.

= Well thats your excellent RELIANCE network :)

Further, we would like to inform you that we have not received your request for Port Out of your above Reliance Mobile number.

= Ah, What a silly joke . Even I have lodged complained no 1****** 6-7 days ago with this regard and CC guy told me they have received my application to PORT out no to AIRCEL . But the real problem he always tells me that " ur complain is in SOLVING stage" and he cant tell the expected time to resolve it

Futher when I contacted AIRCEL MNP care, they said they already submitted request of PORT OUT to Reliance on 29th January .

But they havent heard from you people TILL NOW !!

I am really frustrated if this is the procedure how Reliance works, even our beloved Dhirubhai Ambani would be sad seeing the state of Reliance customers :)

Please solve this complain ASAP or either I have no hesitation in throwing your Reliance SIM to bin !!

seriously its better to take a NEW SIM and distribute ur no..then this bakwaaaaaaaas MNP (Maha NALAYAK Portability) !!

I have mailed to Nodal officer, and also called up the nodal office and given my sim details.

From what I could gather, when I mentioned that I am porting from Reliance CDMA to Reliance GSM, the tone at the other end changed, and then they sounded willing to resolve the issue.

They have taken down my sim card number(new GSM sim).

Lets see what happens now.

Its been more than 24 hours now that my incoming is blocked. This is truly a circus. I hope TRAI puts a heavy fine on the operators indulging in this nonsense.

I m getting good postpaid plan "simple 99" with additional 100 Rs calling including roaming+ 11 Rs sms addon.

This is exactly what the operators want!! If I were you, if I decide to leave, I will do it, with or even without the number. If you give up, you have conceded that dirty tricks can and do work.

If you have the time and means, you could consider sending all the concerned parties a legal notice, along with demand for concession and expenses, etc.

The bigger part of the blame must go to DoT/TRAI. they have formulated a system with such obvious holes, no accountability and redressor. Maybe this too was done deliberately.

Deliberately some rules have been formed in the MNP to favour the operators to avoid switching. The operators main target is to retain the post paid subscribers. They have successfully included a condition that when a number is in company name and CUG - you cannot port out.

See mine is a clear example for this. My Airtel connection is in my company name. I applied to port out to Aircel. It was rejected on the grounds that connections in the company cug cannot be ported out and if you need you have to convert it to individual name or pre-paid and then only you can port out. There is a catch here. When you change to individual name or pre-paid a new CAF is made, so you need to wait another 90 days to port out. This is ridiculous. I also asked Aircel(My port in operator). They also confirmed that for connections in company name- this is the procedure and I need to wait 90 days.

I complained to Airtel. I wrote mails to all DOT,TRAI and even spoke to Airtel Nodal officer regarding this. Nodal officer is very strong about this rule and says I cannot challenge this as it is TRAI rule. And he is confident that I will change my mind to move out of Airtel within 90 days. This only irritates me more.

See most of the high value post-paid connections will be in company name and CUG. So these buggers have planned well in advance and inserted this rule. So now customers will try and see this long process and most will stay with the existing operator itself. But I am determined to move out of Airtel, so changed my connection to pre-paid.

But still I have doubt - Does TRAI have such a rule?

All of the below is already covered in our MNP FAQ....Still.....The Actual Section

TRAI TELECOMMUNICATION MOBILE NUMBER PORTABILITY REGULATIONS, 2009 (8 of 2009)

12. Grounds for rejection of porting request by Donor Operator.A request for porting of a mobile number shall not be rejected by a Donor Operator on any ground other than the following grounds, namely:-

a. there are outstanding payments due from the subscriber by way of pending bill or bills, as the case may be, issued as per the normal billing cycle but before the date of application for porting;

b. the porting request has been made before the expiry of a period of ninety days from the date of activation of a new connection;

c. a request for change of ownership of the mobile number is under process;

d. the mobile number sought to be ported is sub-judice;

e. porting of the mobile number has been prohibited by a Court of Law;

f. subscriber has applied for inter-service area porting;

g. the unique porting code mentioned in the porting request does not match with the unique porting code allocated by the Donor Operator for the mobile number sought to be ported;

h. there are subsisting contractual obligations in respect of which an exit clause has been provided in the subscriber agreement but the subscriber has not complied with such exit clause:

Provided that where the Donor operator rejects a porting request on the ground of subsisting contractual obligations, he shall indicate the full details of such contractual obligations.

WW in my area is not having RCDMA RUIM stock for MNP. As per a executive there they have not got a Single Port in my area.

He sked me to wait for 2-3 days they may get stock.

So finally went to DOCOMO they immediately gave SIM and accepted request.

All of the below is already covered in our MNP FAQ....Still.....The Actual Section

12. Grounds for rejection of porting request by Donor Operator.A request for porting of a mobile number shall not be rejected by a Donor Operator on any ground other than the following grounds, namely:-

a. there are outstanding payments due from the subscriber by way of pending bill or bills, as the case may be, issued as per the normal billing cycle but before the date of application for porting;

b. the porting request has been made before the expiry of a period of ninety days from the date of activation of a new connection;

g. the unique porting code mentioned in the porting request does not match with the unique porting code allocated by the Donor Operator for the mobile number sought to be ported;

h. there are subsisting contractual obligations in respect of which an exit clause has been provided in the subscriber agreement but the subscriber has not complied with such exit clause:

Provided that where the Donor operator rejects a porting request on the ground of subsisting contractual obligations, he shall indicate the full details of such contractual obligations.

GANESAN Sir... There is NO SUCH NON-SENSE RULE... I GOT UPC code immediately after sending the PORT request...

Please see the BOLD part in the above quote... It says "The request for Change of ownership is Under process"... THEY ARE FORCING YOU TO CHANGE THE OWNERSHIP, SO THAT THEY CAN GET ANOTHER 90 DAYS TIME TO HARM YOU MORE... AirHELL rasc@ls proved that they can goto any limit to stop higher ARPU customers from porting...

Just file a case on the dealer, Nodal Officer (if possible record his call while calling next time) and AirHELL as a whole stating that "YOU PEOPLE ARE FORCING ME TO CHANGE OWNERSHIP TO DELAY MY PORTING PROCESS AND YOU HAVE TO PAY ME FOR THE EXPENSES, INCONVENIENCES, and OUT-RIGHT CHEATING" and threaten them to give the news to MEDIA (esp after recording his voice) and do the thing for MEDIA also...

@kanaga

The connection for which you successfully received UPC Code...Was it in the name of a Private Limited/Public Limited Company's name OR a Proprietory/Partnership Concern?

:previous:

Prop co with 10 connections...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

^^^ So there lies the answer...

A proprietory Concern is not a Company..You may have name like XYZ & Co..But for all legal purpose...Everything is owned by the Owner...The Ownner is the Individual..It is not a separate legal entity from the owner as per Indian Laws...

Whereas a Private Limited OR Public Limited Company is a separate legal entity from it's Shareholders, Directors and capable of holding ownership, assets in it's own name...

If something is owned in a Pvt Ltd/Public Ltd Company's name, it can't be simply transferred to Individual's name without proper procedure and change of ownership...

Dear Mr. Kapil sibal

Hon'ble Telecom minister

India

Timeline

Thank you

So here is end of my MNP saga.

Today morning recieved a sms from Aircel that my MNP request has been cancelled because of wrong UPC.

I carefully wrote the UPC in MNP form with my hands.

Reliance really s**ks and has been able to retain me atleast for sometime.

I may drop the plan of MNP.

Its been more than 48 hours since my number is invisible. I made a complaint to nodal authority day before yesterday evening, but there is no email/call from that side on my alternate number.

I am trying nodal officer Delhi again, but somehow, nobody is picking up that number.

Is there a way to make a complaint to TRAI against Reliance Infocomm?

I own Airtel which I have applied for porting to Reliance GSM.

I sms'd on 22nd Jan gor UPC immediately, so far so, good, Then applied with Reliance gsm in mumbai, on 23rd Jan Sunday, was given the SIM, Today on 11th of Feb, I am still with Airtel.

Now believe me, I didnt receive any call from Airtel to stay back, no sms from Airtel or reliance about any progress on porting. My UPC expired on 6th FEB, I am still waiting, as advised by rcom guys, as they say my application is under process.

Sent email to both customer care, one says its being processed, and other says My number has been retained as per my request.

Which means that Airtel is foul playing me about the retention story, whereas I have made no such request nor have I called customer care for the same and neither have receieved any such retention call from Airtel, Rcom GSM ppl are asking me to stay put and do nothing .

I also visited a gallery of reliance yesterday, where I saw a customer care guy told me the whole process is in doldrums, and all their application are showing in process.

Loos like someone does not reliance to get any customers.

@Rajan Mehta,

From the above recorded instances of idiotic MNP implementation, I think you are the best person to script out a mind-blowing comedy for all of us at RW.. Reading the episodes makes me laugh at us Indians for what we really are.... It is indeed sad that the GoI and the TRAI and the DoT etc etc are taking us customers for a jolly good ride....

Thankfully, I did not port in with any other provider as all the mobiles I have are important numbers and absence of service for even one or two hours is very critical. Here we are talking of so many days.....

But you were lucky, as also Saurav if I remember right.....

GANESAN Sir... There is NO SUCH NON-SENSE RULE... I GOT UPC code immediately after sending the PORT request...

Please see the BOLD part in the above quote... It says "The request for Change of ownership is Under process"... THEY ARE FORCING YOU TO CHANGE THE OWNERSHIP, SO THAT THEY CAN GET ANOTHER 90 DAYS TIME TO HARM YOU MORE... AirHELL rasc@ls proved that they can goto any limit to stop higher ARPU customers from porting...

Just file a case on the dealer, Nodal Officer (if possible record his call while calling next time) and AirHELL as a whole stating that "YOU PEOPLE ARE FORCING ME TO CHANGE OWNERSHIP TO DELAY MY PORTING PROCESS AND YOU HAVE TO PAY ME FOR THE EXPENSES, INCONVENIENCES, and OUT-RIGHT CHEATING" and threaten them to give the news to MEDIA (esp after recording his voice) and do the thing for MEDIA also...

I am also getting the UPC code immediately. Only when MNP is under process, AirHELL rejects it.

@Rajan Mehta,

From the above recorded instances of idiotic MNP implementation, I think you are the best person to script out a mind-blowing comedy for all of us at RW.. Reading the episodes makes me laugh at us Indians for what we really are.... It is indeed sad that the GoI and the TRAI and the DoT etc etc are taking us customers for a jolly good ride....

Thankfully, I did not port in with any other provider as all the mobiles I have are important numbers and absence of service for even one or two hours is very critical. Here we are talking of so many days.....

But you were lucky, as also Saurav if I remember right.....

This time no Comedy Script...Lagta hai aap muje pitvake hi chhodenge.. Imagine Govt of India After me... Sorprendido.gif Lol

But sharing some thoughts... :)

I was able to generate Port Out Code successfully from RCDMA but not porting out now because whatever few reason i had to move out is no longer there right now...

-Absence of Good Handset....Got Samsung Fascinate

-EVDO on Imported Handset...Got that too...

Other nuisance like RCDMA Customer Care, Dumbo Web World Guys actually don't affect much,

-As i am on Postpaid, don't have issues like recharge problems, VAS etc. The service generally works well.

-I haven't had serious issues about Reliance Network Coverage on a regular basis..

And voice quality still is the Best..Thing Which You Use The Most..

Regarding MNP Implementation, even after the instances reported at RIMweb, here is my take..

-Few Genuine problem cases being reported here highlights the chaos...But too small a number statistically to conclude MNP system Failure...

-Successful people don't report...Only People with problem do..Again gives a wrong picture statistically..

-Some initial glitch cases have reported problem solved after some time...

-Many cases of human errors like incorrect UPC Port feeding...Can't blame the MNP System for that...Actually when such things get rejected...It shows that System is working well..

-Sometimes sheer igonrance on part of people for few things as can be seen here...

-Port in-Port Out both networks operating together may not be a MNP Systemic issue...May be merely the way different operators Sync & implement MNP Porting Control Database with MNP service provider at different times & periodicity of update

-Going by India's subscriber number, number of operators, Ours can be termed as a fairly successful MNP Implementation anywhere in the world...Just read about UK's MNP Experience..For a country the size of one of our states, it was truly horrible...From the Customer's viewpoint...Still it is after many years & the regulator there is scratching their heads on improving it..

The problem with us Indians is that it always takes a foreigner for us to believe that...Ravindranath Tagore was a great poet..And problem se bhi sahi...Chaotically Also...But India Still Works...And Works Reasonably Well..

Not writing a Comedy as i truly believe that we all have a very strong weapon called MNP in our hands after a long time of sufferring...Let's not get dejected..Let's make a success of it taking the turbulations in our stride...

• Like 1

Finally, Today after struggling for about 16 days & burning Rs.50/- on CC calls, I got a call from CC to send SMS for porting.

Got the port code.

2 Very Premium Hexa Numbers were activated in RGSM about 2 Years ago on a single CAF free of Cost.

One was ith me and another was with my friend.

After 1 month of activtion giving different reasons we were able to convert those umbers to Prepaid. They were still on single CAF.

I applied for MNP in early days and got it converted to Vodafone. My friend tried MNP 4 days ago but his request was rejected saying legal reasons as number was given free of cost.

So I think operators are trying to retains customers now in any way.

previous.gif That reason sounds about as illegal as it can get.

I guess all operators should give some small freebies to customers... like some free SMS or data or something and then use it to block port-out requests.

DOT/TRAI are just enjoying this drama, i guess...

:previous: Most of the operators block premium numbers porting out as usually they are under Legal contract which states the numbers are on lease.