Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

L1 is Dead.... get a Life

Already stats reveal that Reliance is losing ground with MNP and this move is not going to help it either.

EVDO will be interesting at any price if they allow it on imported handsets. Otherwise it is MNP for me.

Edited by tanveer

its a good move.. but they have to launch good Plans too along with L1 ban..

EVDO will be interesting at any price if they allow it on imported handsets. Otherwise it is MNP for me.

Recently I visited TI shop to port in to Tdocomo frm TI. There i came to know Tata selling 2 types of OMH RUIM - one with no data services, and 2nd with EVDO activated i.e. Photon+ on mobile !

But you can not use this RUIM on your EVDO modem to access internet! :Equivocado:

This s**ks! on 3G one SIM gives your power to connect to internet via mobile, modem or watever device that has a USIM slot! CDMA is loosing to GSM!

:previous:

The EVDO better be coming soon at cool rates.

EV-DO from RCom at c00l rates????

RCOM already reduces its EVDO Rev A modem price..... it is now dropped to1599

Tata Photon replies with price drop to1799 for Tata Photon+ devices! :Contento:

Leave their (Incl TI) device price as it is locked to network + just an initial investment... Please tell about EV-DO plans... Imho, NO private operator is giving cool EV-DO tariff, except MTS's 999-UL plan and they too reduced the limit from 15 to 12GB in it...

:previous:

And don't forget the 500+ cities where RCOM-EVDO is now available, no idea about TI or MTS....

Seeing the FAST EV-DO coverage expansion of RCDMA, I too was tempted to get EV-DO (postpaid) plan from RCom... They advertised as DEVICE FREE.. But in showroom the salesgirl told I have to pay Rs1599, initially for the device... When I asked about the DEVICE FREE, she told that Rs200/- discount will be given for 12 months, and so they called the device as FREE :clap: ..

On hearing that, I blamed myself for forgeting their tactics and told that I want to see the demo first... I actually thought EV-DO speed can't be that bad ATLEAST INITIALLY, as I have seen excellent <<upto 2.1Mbps>> speed of MTS MBlaze during Launch.. But while testing <<IN their showroom in centre of town with FULL HSIA signal @ 9PM--> NOT A NIGHT_FREE time>> I was amazed on seeing the speedtest result at speedtest.in <<His Laptop doesn't have Flash, so cant see youtube and speedtest.net sites>> THE RESULT IS <<I PROMISE ON MY BABY CHILD---THIS IS TRUE AND AM NOT ANTI-RELIANCE NOW>> JUST 79Kbps <<Yes bits per second>> Even I got doubt whether the modem is catching 1x signal, but the TOWER says HSIA and MAX speed got at one $purt <<only once or twice>> around 412kbps and hence I am convinced that the device is connected to HSIA signal only...

The salesman says that he has got low balance and so speed reduced to 1x and went to site to check balance, but the webpage told the balance is 3098MB :wacko: and hence HSIA balance is still available.. Then I asked them how many towers are equipped with HSIA?? They told as TWO, one in bus-stand <<250m from the showroom>> and other in Satchiyapuram... Still having doubts on speedtest.in server, I browsed for some time in GOOGLE IMAGES and saw the speed to load an image of 2MPx size, taking way too much of time... So the condition of RCom EV-DO in Sivakasi is PATHETIC PERIOD...

MTS launched EV-Do in Sivakasi during Christmas day <<On 4 towers in Sivakasi and two in Thiruthangal>> and said coming to Rajapalayam and Virudhunagar in one month each... But RCom launched in Sivakasi, Thiruthangal, Virudhunagar, Srivilliputur, Rajapalayam at once after Pongal... I heard the similar issue from my friend in Rajapalayam, that speed is BAD...

May be they have NOT done enough testing before launching... But whose fault is this??? What is the use of buying networked locked device for cheap and that too FALSELY advertised as FREE...

Friends, please test the EV-DO speed (if possible in your locality) before going for RCdma's EV-DO... RCom is playing the number game to attract/cheat customers, imho...

TI is killing its customers by NOT AT ALL launching EV-DO fastly... RCom is killing its customers by launching EV-DO PATHETICALLY... Only MTS is OK, but their 1x speed s**ks BIG TIME (or atleast in Raipur)...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

if

Recently I visited TI shop to port in to Tdocomo frm TI. There i came to know Tata selling 2 types of OMH RUIM - one with no data services, and 2nd with EVDO activated i.e. Photon+ on mobile !

so no question of non -data service sim card

But you can not use this RUIM on your EVDO modem to access internet! :Equivocado:

This s**ks! on 3G one SIM gives your power to connect to internet via mobile, modem or watever device that has a USIM slot! CDMA is loosing to GSM!

Every sim card of tata indicom is having pre-activated data service i.e. Tata zone and internt on pc.

so no question of non -data service sim card.

If u r refering to SpeedLiving then it's Tata photon plus on mobile.

Which offer 10Gb data usage free for 2months.

10Gb can be used only FOR SURFING /DOWNLOADING THROUGH MOBILE PHONE OR VIA TATA ZONE. thetering is not possible with this DATA BALANCE.

If u do tethering then it will charge u defualt tariff of 50p/Mb.

Ant sim (normal or speedliving) will work with modem or phone and can do surfing on phone or PC. with applicable tariff or charges.

Don't reply on CC of Telecom operator. go with TRUE and Real experiance of Rimwebian.

L1 will be closed ,so what's the big news in it? Kabhi na Kabhi Ye to hona hi tha !!!

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

unlimited plans at a glance

MTS::

999 -- EVDO till 12 GB then 1x

BSNL::

750 -- truly unlimited

TATA::

950(800 for new subscriber) --> EVDO till 5 GB then 1x

1100(950 for new subscriber) --> EVDO till 10 GB then 1x

1500(1350 for new subscriber) --> EVDO till 15 GB then 1x

Reliance::

750 for new subscriber --> EVDO till 5 GB then 1x

900 for new subscriber --> EVDO till 10 GB then 1x

1300 for new subscriber --> EVDO till 15 GB then 1x

In Reliance, there's no unlimited plans for existing customers

it like wait & watch now

unlimited plans at a glance

MTS::

999 -- EVDO till 12 GB then 1x

BSNL::

750 -- truly unlimited

TATA::

950(800 for new subscriber) --> EVDO till 5 GB then 1x

1100(950 for new subscriber) --> EVDO till 10 GB then 1x

1500(1350 for new subscriber) --> EVDO till 15 GB then 1x

Reliance::

750 for new subscriber --> EVDO till 5 GB then 1x

900 for new subscriber --> EVDO till 10 GB then 1x

1300 for new subscriber --> EVDO till 15 GB then 1x

In Reliance, there's no unlimited plans for existing customers

Only one correction Kesav Bhai... RCom gives Rs200 discount if NOT the plans will be Rs950, Rs1100, Rs1500 respectively... That Rs200 discount is for FIRST 12 MONTHS ONLY... TI also gave Rs200 discount for first year (actually they only started this, then RCom followed) and now changed/reduced it to Rs150 and so Rs50 more than RCom's plans... Don't worry, RCom will follow TI in coming days and will have rent same as that of TI...

Imho, private CDMA players are making good use of the lack of competition in CDMA-EV-Do segment...

I think Dying L1 refers to Dying of 5p/10kb plan from reliance..... Not The L1 plan..

Because currently Reliance is charging additional 5p/10kb charges on any type of net usage on Mobiles either it is any software , messenger or web browser !!! to those who are not having L1 and using any Mobile Internet Plans...

If Reliance is Finishing off this 5p/10kb wala funda the L1 dying is welcomed but if they are removing L1 plan benifits which waves out 5p/10kb charges then this is really a Curse for reliance customers !!!!!

^^^ Bahut free use kar liya... Now pay for what we use.. Let the organizations earn from their hard investments

At this Moment L1 Plan Activation MACD is removed from RWorld

At this Moment L1 Plan Activation MACD is removed from RWorld

So that means NO MORE NEW $URPRISES and those who are already enjoying L1 can continue without any issue??? Or they will also be blocked in coming days??? Please explain sir ji...

If old $urprises continues without any issue, then it means RCom has effectively blocked many people in CDMA to jump away from them using MNP... :rofl_200:

huh how funny! i have been having L1 plan, and still couldnt use internet on my touch pro... and to be frank, to my surprise, i found that no one on RIMWEB helped me in that...

:NOTriste:

hetal bhai should start getting incentives from reliance now.... lolz...:Contento:

Edited by dkaile

hetal bhai should start getting incentives from reliance now.... lolz...:Contento:

This comment was Not Expected from U

@hetal - nothing personal mate; that was just a joking comment...

but I really say, leave RELIANCE CDMA en mass

bahut ho gaya...

why stick to a 3rd rate service provider; paise hi dene hai to kaiyde ke service provider par jao...........

Edited by dkaile

Everyone is a bloody chor. I got myself a airtel prepaid card a few days back. It has a pay per second plan. Half the times they charge me more paise than seconds. And yesterday I got an sms that hello tunes has been activated on my number. I had never asked for it in the first place.

I think L1 is dead now as my unbilled amount jumped to Rs 580 for using net on Pc with L1 user/pass.I used it just for an hour or so.

So guys be carefull.

Everyone is a bloody chor. I got myself a airtel prepaid card a few days back. It has a pay per second plan. Half the times they charge me more paise than seconds. And yesterday I got an sms that hello tunes has been activated on my number. I had never asked for it in the first place.

Errr... you have 2,340 posts here. You should know the above is PERFECTLY normal with AirHELL. :) Surely, if you have taken an AirHELL connection, you knew this was coming?! confused.gif

Edited by raccoon

Actually I didnt. I expected better. Never faced anything like that from Reliance.