Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
phonegeek

New Android Market Website Launched

Rumor: New Android Market, Google Music Announced Tomorrow

by Quentyn Kennemer on February 1st, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Rumor mill time! Taylor at Android & Me has been informed by a trusted source that Google will not only show off Android 3.0 in full bloom tomorrow at their press event, but will also announce details regarding the web-based Android market shown off at last year's I/O conference.

If you don't remember, the new market enabled users to search for applications on a fully-featured front-end accessible from your desktop browser and allowed those on Android 2.2 and higher to install applications remotely and without ever touching their phones. A video of Vic Gundotra showcasing the new features sits below.

The rumor also suggests Google Music – an online streaming music service that will eventually tie in with Android – will be revealed. We'd already seen some of Google's new music application at that same event last year, but hadn't heard a peep about the web-based front-end that would sit alongside the Android market.

We're less than 24 hours away from the shindig at Google's home in Mountain View and we'll have our eyes peeled for any and everything to come out of it.

online-android-market-550x259.jpg

Google has launched a new Android Market website with several app categories and widgets. The new Android Market website - http://market.android.com - has Apple iTunes store-like representation albeit for the desktop web browsers. One can browse, search, buy and download Android apps for smartphones. Earlier, the Android Market was accessible as an App directory on desktop via http://www.android.com/market/.

On the Android Market website page, you'll see three basic tabs - Featured, Top Paid and Top Free. The left column carries the myriad categories and sub-categories of apps. One can simply browse the websites or search any app from the home page itself. For paid apps, click on Buy and you can send the app directly to your Android based phone without having it attached to the PC or Mac via USB cable. Yes, the apps would be downloadable wirelessly as all you do is push the download request from PC to the phone.

You can also read reviews and even post them through the website on your desktop or device. Apart from apps, users can also check out different widgets for their Android phones. The apps can be shared over Twitter, thanks to the social features built in by Google.

post-8893-0-10734500-1296712303_thumb.jp

nice site its easy to browse on pc than on phone

Fantastic Market now... I just selected Samsung remote for my TV in the market from the pc and it automatically downloaded to my phone... thats technology for you...

Wow... Android keeps on amazing me... Just see the review, description in BIG screen of PC and just click install.. The app gets installed in phone.. In one way it helps in battery life of phone and our eyes too...

Mind blowing ideas ! I'm impressed by the way the green droid amazes me with the added technology everytime :)

Fantastic Market now... I just selected Samsung remote for my TV in the market from the pc and it automatically downloaded to my phone... thats technology for you...

Dheeraj bhai seems like you have downloaded an app for your phone which will act as a remote for your Samsung Tv through the market. However, pardon me if I am wrong :GirandoOjos: how will it work I mean does your Epic has an infra red sensor to emit the signals. Please enlighten me :confuse: :confuse:

:previous: RAJAN Bhai as usual very quick help there! +1 for you :signthankspin:

Very interesting concept. Already tried it. Within a few minutes it was already getting downloaded on the phone.

Super!

Sabka chal raha hai but mera hi nahi chal raha :(

Here is the screen shot of devices showing on the settings page. None of the phone is showing last usage date as current date even I am using my primary account for sign in...

post-18348-0-03970300-1296798536_thumb.p

^

Try logging out and relogging into Google Chat once again on your phone....