Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
afzal_6339

Mobile TV Charges on EVDO Handsets

I am using Samsung Mpower txt 369 and handset and EvDO is enabled in my handset. I have subscribed for 15Gb plan(First 2 months its free).

If subscribe for all channels(Mobile TV application), will they charge extra? (network usage charge?).

Mobile TV is connected using EvDO and not 1x.

See if you are using any reliance mobile as a browsing device then YES you will definitely be charged for NUC i.e. 5p/10kb extra to your free usage .... But if ur MDN is feeded into your mobile device as user name and password then you will not be charged NUC :)

See if you are using any reliance mobile as a browsing device then YES you will definitely be charged for NUC i.e. 5p/10kb extra to your free usage .... But if ur MDN is feeded into your mobile device as user name and password then you will not be charged NUC :)

When i am browsing/ connecting to mobile TV the EvDO symbol is displayed on the top.(It was 1x symbol before I activated EvDO). Thats why I am confused.

Where should I enter my number as username and password?

In Samsung MTxt 369, the Setting->Applications->Browser->OMH menu has the options for username and password. Is that the correct place?

This is the current settings.

ProfileName: <empty>

Home Url: <empty>

PPP Digit: #777

PPP Username: <empty>

PPP Password: <empty>

PPP Auth type: None

Proxy: Disable

When i am browsing/ connecting to mobile TV the EvDO symbol is displayed on the top.(It was 1x symbol before I activated EvDO). Thats why I am confused.

Where should I enter my number as username and password?

In Samsung MTxt 369, the Setting->Applications->Browser->OMH menu has the options for username and password. Is that the correct place?

This is the current settings.

ProfileName: <empty>

Home Url: <empty>

PPP Digit: #777

PPP Username: <empty>

PPP Password: <empty>

PPP Auth type: None

Proxy: Disable

Yes this is place (PPP username and password) where u enter your mdn w/o zero for using netconnect w/o nuc.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Anyone using mobile tv in evdo enabled handsets using mobile tv application?

how much is subscription charge for all channels?

Edited by afzal_6339

You will be consuming approximately 1-2 MB data per min. I am using the same with Tata Indicom.

I am not sure about the monthly subscription charge for all the channels together as I mostly activate particular channels on daily (Rs.7), weekly (Rs.12) and monthly packs (Rs.35).

:)

Try a daily pack first and see whether you are on good Evdo network and the channel is streaming fine.

@Afzal A R

Find Attached. But before activating i.e. on same day, confirm with CC and proceed.

post-54479-0-17465600-1296659546_thumb.p

Edited by nlr2334481

@Afzal A R

Find Attached. But before activating i.e. on same day, confirm with CC and proceed.

I called CC.

There are two packs.

All channels/week - Rs. 40

All channels/month - Rs. 150

If you are not subscribed to any data plan, NUC will be there.

I am in 15GB EvDO plan now.. (free for 2 months) :P

My own brother, after purchasing SAMSUNG CORBY, activated this Mobile TV. (Not used other data or browsing)

He got in bill 3 charges. 1) Subscription charges 2) NUC charges 3) Data charges (Only this data charges allowed in his free usage of first 2 months).

So better you go for 1 day pack and observe your unbilled usage and then proceed accordingly.

....... and what is mdn?

MDN stands for mobile directory number, the actual number you dial to connect to a mobile phone.

only MTNL 3G & R-GSM 3G do not charge additionally for data usage while using mobile TV.

For all other operators, data charges are levied in addition to TV subscription charges.

Edited by commonman

My own brother, after purchasing SAMSUNG CORBY, activated this Mobile TV. (Not used other data or browsing)

He got in bill 3 charges. 1) Subscription charges 2) NUC charges 3) Data charges (Only this data charges allowed in his free usage of first 2 months).

So better you go for 1 day pack and observe your unbilled usage and then proceed accordingly.

Me too got the same bill. They have charged NUC.

Got a bill of3150/-.

So I decided to end my 6 yr long relationship with Reliance.(Will port my 6 Reliance connections to MTS/ other gsm connections.)

Actually I confirmed from CC that there will not be any NUC since I am in EVDO plan. but they cheated..

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Need help from experts here.

Using a Samsung Corby on RCOM network.

How to subscribe to a EVDO data plan and which are the data plan available with reliance.

Strange thing is my handset keeps switching between 1x & EVDO depending on network coverage

and when I am subscribed to Mobile Net Plan 99 they charge me Pay as you go charge of EVDO apart from the 99 rental.

Me too got the same bill. They have charged NUC.

Got a bill of3150/-.

So I decided to end my 6 yr long relationship with Reliance.(Will port my 6 Reliance connections to MTS/ other gsm connections.)

Actually I confirmed from CC that there will not be any NUC since I am in EVDO plan. but they cheated..

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:it

The reliance customer care is completly bull**** people. if you ask for MOBI TV for CDMA, they give you plan for GSM 3G. There is no daily TV pack cdma only for the GSM.

Reliance is looting CDMA people. Even I have decided to leave RELIANCE after 7 years.

Why they have NUC when they have same not for GSM?

I sent a complaint to nodal officer. waiting for his reply.

I contacted CC several times. But they told that they can't do anything.

Anyway, it is time to say good bye to reliance.

My suggestion to all my rimweb friends is DON'T GO FOR RELIANCE CDMA MOBILE INTERNET AND MOBILE TV.......

yes you're right. Even after 7 years with reliance I have to choose some new operator for fair price.

I called CC and they told that NUC is implemented by GOVT not by the reliance and they cannot remove this. And this is applicable to all CDMA operators.

Is it true??

I called CC and they told that NUC is implemented by GOVT not by the reliance and they cannot remove this. And this is applicable to all CDMA operators.

Is it true??

Only one thing is TRUE... All CC guys in RCom are bunch of idiots...

Even they will say "VAS activations without request from users" is A NATIONAL GAME and we are forced by Govt to play this game atleast once a month... :rofl_200:

Edited by KanagaDeepan

i can't get my ohm menu to open , is there any other way i can feed the MDN or do i need to buy a new OHM card.

^^^^

Going browser and click on option click on add and select the pppname and ppp poss .

There are no problem in omh