Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Must Have Products For Your New Android Phone

Kindly contribute products/hardware/accessories specific to Android Devices...

Let me start with this -

TuneLink Auto is an in-car audio solution for Android

tunelink-system-features_android.jpgtunelink.jpg

Cost is high, but sound quality is an audiophile's delight...no static....

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 5

Sirji this will be luxury! For me the bare neccesity would be an extended battery for my android device. Many be lots of them Lol

Sent from my DINC!

Great thread Idea...Nobody thought of it before...Let's find out hidden gems..

But a request...Don't Restrict the thread for Androids only..Let it be for Any Phone..May be change the topic title

One of my Relative..30 Year Old...Is in Vegetative State since last 18 months after suffering a heart attack..bed ridden..no speech..no physical response to voice commands..eyes open, moving ..Can't know whether he can see! Only option to measure any progress whether brain is responding internally to stimuli around is to transport him to hospital from home every time and do an EEG OR MRI Test..Costly..Incovenient..And patients generally do not respond to unknown people..So test results not reliable..

This phone accessory and App which work with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad & Just for $ 99, can be a great help in measuring his brain activity at various points of time daily with different stimuli like music, chit chat by near & dear ones..Convenient, Comfortable and most important..Family members get some strength to cope with this unbearable trauma with glimmers of hope..

XWAVE-See Your Mind in Action

What is the XWave?

The XWave is the first consumer product priced under $100 which can sense and detect human brainwaves, interpret them and connect it to everyday technology. Brainwave detection and research has been proven for decades and is rooted in medical science. The XWave makes this proven patented technology available at the consumer level for the first time.

Before XWave

without_xwave.png

$45k medical grade

30 minutes to install ,Requires trained technicians, Not practical for everyday use

XWave

with_xwave.png

$99 consumer grade,10 seconds to install, User friendly, Plug and play

What does it do?

In short, your brain is an organ which communicates through electricity with billions of brain cells called "neurons." These pulses or rhythms of electricity can be detected at the surface of the skin with a small antenna. Before XWave, these signals were confusing lines which needed to be interpreted by trained technicians.

Before Xwave

eeg_bands.png

Brainwaves needed to be analyzed manually with trained technicians.

After Xwave

attention.png

meditation.png

Brainwave detection simplified into: Attention (0-100%) Meditation (0-100%)

)xwave_vis_1.jpg

xwave_vis_2.jpg

xwave_vis_3.jpg

This is the perfect app to start with if you're new to XWave. This free App helps you become familiar with how to use your XWave headset. It includes a brainwave visualizer, an attention and meditation trainer. Find out your "XWave Index," challenge your mind and compare your scores in the online XWave Community.

Product Link http://www.plxwave.com/info.html

• Like 7

Kindly contribute products/hardware/accessories specific to Android Devices...

Let me start with this -

TuneLink Auto is an in-car audio solution for Android

tunelink-system-features_android.jpgtunelink.jpg

Cost is high, but sound quality is an audiophile's delight...no static....

thoda mahenga hain 99$

plz suggest a very good car charger for htc droid incredible.

thanx

Edited by cavarun

@ Dhiraj

Nice thread Brother. +1 :)

@cavarun - I bought an original nokia micro usb one (imported from china) for 300 bucks... working perfect; there's also an original samsung one (of galaxy-s) available at any good samsung store.... 6-700 bucks... - http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/mobile-phone/mobile-phone/mobile-phone-accessories/CAD300UBEC/INU/index.idx?pagetype=acc_detail&subsubtype=car-charger

CAD300UBE_medium.JPG

@rajan - let this thread remain ONLY for android.... as we have been bitten by the green bot and dont look anywhere else...

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

^^ i also tried many samsung/bb charger with my droid incredible...

The problem is my phone's touchscreen stops working while its charging,as soon as I remove charger it works normally...

How about this 8200 mAh $ 99 Monster For Powring Just About Anything Portable (Including Smartphones)

menu6.1.jpg

And $ 35, Small Primocube Power on the Go- Pack of 3 for $ 90 Link http://www.phonesuit...CFYQc6wodbXNAHA

primo_cube_sp.jpg

• Like 1

^^^ Arey wah.. nice 'thing'... good for very frequent travelers...

Good Topic, keep pouring

Have a Blessed Day

IDAPT I2+ Universal Charging Dock Now Shipping For $ 40

Manufacturer Website http://www.idaptweb....s/overview.html

Comes With 6 Charging Tips.. miniUSB, microUSB, iPod / iPhone, Samsung 4, Nokia 2, Sony Ericsson 2... Plug it In..

overview5.jpg

Mobile phones (Nokia, Samsung, Blackberry, LG, Sony-Ericsson....)

Smartphones (iPhone, HTC, LG, Motorola, Palm...)

Headphones, Bluetooth (Motorola, Nokia, Jabra, Samsung...)

GPS (Tomtom, Garmin, Magellan, Navigon, Mio, Navman...)

Games consoles (Nintendo DS-L and DS-i, Sony PSP...)

Camaras (Kodak, Casio...)

AA/AAAA rechargeable batteries (cualquier marca, Energizer, Panasonic, Duracell...)

Tablets (iPad...)

• Like 1

^^ i also tried many samsung/bb charger with my droid incredible...

The problem is my phone's touchscreen stops working while its charging,as soon as I remove charger it works normally...

Same thing happens when we charge touch screen phones in our Indian Railways charging points. Even with original chargers. Dont know why but I've faced this with htc diamond, samsung galaxy Spica, Nokia c7.

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk

previous.gif It happens only when using the sockets in trains and not in normal wall sockets, with the same original chargers?? Suggests that the output in train sockets is screwed... Equivocado.gif
  • Like 1

In my case,Charging at home/office gives problem...

I tried an original samsung epic charger,it worked fine with that..!!

Capacitive screens have a problem with not being able to calibrate themselves if power supplies are not correctly grounded. These screens calibrate a few times a second - to take care of humidity etc which varies capacitance of your finger and atmosphere.

Found out when i was having this problem in Palm Pre screen acting funny on being connected to a low quality charger.

Sometimes this also indicates that the touch sensor is going to conk off soon - which happened to my Pre. Usually the reason for touch sensor conking off is pushing/pressing too hard while applying screen guards multiple times. I had applied screen guard 4-5 times since i wasn't getting correct size and pressed on the screen too obsessively to get all bubbles out.

previous.gif Grounded? But when did phone chargers even have a ground pin/wire? confused.gif All those I have seen have only 2 pins. Third pin, if existing is a dummy.

Are you sure pressure can affect the touch sensor? Then what about so many people carrying their capacitive screen phones in tight jean/trouser pockets? Isn't it possible that this also adversely affects the screen?

Great innovative thread, keep up the good work.

@Raccoon bhai, if it did not have ground, then each time we talked on phone during charging, our body would act as earth and we would be electrocuted?

Motorola EQ5 Travel Speakers – turn your Android device into an entertainment unit with this sleek, attractive docking station. Play your music in high quality stereo sound or answer a call hands-free, these speakers are indeed multi-functional. With a sleek design which will fit in your pocket, these speakers are a must have, acting as a handsfree kit, speakerphone and multimedia speakers all in one wireless Bluetooth device. Compatible with most Android phones.

Motorola-EQ5-Speaker.jpg

Android Car Kits & Mounts: : If you are looking for a simple solution to secure your Motorola Droid X in your car, the Motorola Window Mount is the perfect match. It takes less than a minute to install the swivel windshield pedestal and place your Motorola Droid X in the cradle. Ideal for the frequent traveler as it can be moved easily from car to car.

Car-Kit.jpg

Looxcie Wearable Bluetooth Camcorder Never miss a moment again with the revolutionary Looxcie. When paired with an Android smartphone (2.0 or higher), this innovative hands-free camcorder lets you continuously record real-time video without needing to press a record button. Looxcie connects with your Android smartphone via Bluetooth, so you can monitor your video, create clips, and share them instantly with friends via Facebook, YouTube, email, and more. With its lightweight, over-ear design, Looxcie gives you the freedom to be both director and participant.

looxcie-wearable-camcorder-2.jpg

Courtesy : yourgadget

• Like 1

previous.gif Grounded? But when did phone chargers even have a ground pin/wire? confused.gif All those I have seen have only 2 pins. Third pin, if existing is a dummy.

Are you sure pressure can affect the touch sensor? Then what about so many people carrying their capacitive screen phones in tight jean/trouser pockets? Isn't it possible that this also adversely affects the screen?

Though there's no ground pin, once ac is converted to dc 5v etc there will be a wire with zero voltage (which will actually be near zero in practice - closer to zero for good brands maybe and maybe not for cheaper brands) This somehow affects the capacitive touchscreens.

No heans etc pressure is very less. I would press with my thumb to get any minute bubbles out of the screen guards and after doing it many times the problem happened.

Both things happen to some people as per various forums i found.

But nothing to be worried about - was just cautioning.

Great innovative thread, keep up the good work.

@Raccoon bhai, if it did not have ground, then each time we talked on phone during charging, our body would act as earth and we would be electrocuted?

That could happen only if there is leakage and the circuit can be completed thru your body.

Though there's no ground pin, once ac is converted to dc 5v etc there will be a wire with zero voltage (which will actually be near zero in practice - closer to zero for good brands maybe and maybe not for cheaper brands) This somehow affects the capacitive touchscreens.

As far as I have seen there are only two wires - positive and neutral. confused.gif

Edited by raccoon

Interesting Product From An Indian Company...

Solmate Fusion - Portable Solar Charger + USB Charger + USB Pen Drive

solmate_1_640x360.jpg

Website http://www.getsolmate.com/index.php

Can work as a mobile and other devices battery charger when run out of juice on the road..

Device can get charged either through USB Port or Solar Power

2 Models with Built in 4 or 8 GB Flash Drive For Rs 995 & Rs 1495

Comes with 4 Tips... Additional can be bought for Rs 25

Review Here http://tech2.in.com/...4gb/211402#show

Demonstration Video of Solmate Fusion portable solar charger

• Like 1

interesting product

^

Quite innovative product. But going through the specifications, a confusion cropped up in my mind about the backup capacity. It has been written in their website that it has got a Li-ion Battery of 3.7V, 600mAh, it takes USB Input of 5V, 500mA and can give USB Output of 5V, 300mA (both 4GB and 8GB models). Is the charging capacity is only 300mA?

^^^ even i got to know it... most devices may not charge only how can us expect to charge 1500m with 300 one - it can give you talk time when plugged in and can be used as a additional battery that's all

Meet IOIO - I/O for Android

SparkFun intros IOIO for Android, a hack-free breakout box to get your mind spinning

android-ioio.jpg

IOIO (pronounced: yo-yo) is a product which lets you connect electronic circuits to an Android device and control them from an Android application.

It is comprised of a small (2.7x1.2" = 7x3cm) PCB that connects to an Android device with a USB cable and a software library (Java .jar file) that you use in your Android app which handles all communications with the board.

No firmware programming is required - only Android application authoring with a very simple API (see examples below) for controlling the pins on the board. No modification of the Android device is required - you avoid the complication of modification and the voiding of warranty.

IOIO is available for backorder online from SparkFun on this page.

The first few boards will ship within a couple of weeks. Around that time, the entire software and hardware are going to be 100% open-source with a permissive license.

Main features:

48 total I/O pins - all of which can function as digital inputs and outputs.

Up to 16 analog inputs (10-bit).

Up to 9 PWM outputs.

Up to 4 UART channels.

Up to 3 SPI channels.

Up to 3 TWI (I²C-compatible) channels.

On-board switch-mode regulator providing up to 1.5A of 5V supply. Can charge the Android device as well as power a couple of small motors.

Bootloader on the board pulls firmware off phone, enabling OTA firmware upgrades and application-specific firmware.

Pulse-width measurement, capacitance sensing and more (will be pushed with first OTA firmware upgrade).

Example Projects

THE RETROID VIDEO

The Retroid is a retro-designed alarm clock hacked to be controlled by an Android phone.

Once connected, the phone's alarm, incoming call and incoming text message notifications appear as different ring and LED patterns on the clock.

THE VISUAL CHARGER

IMG_5246.JPG

The Visual Charger is another take on a cool docking station for your phone. It charges your phone while presenting charge level percentage (0-9 or "F" for full) on a large 7-segment LED display. It also uses the dot on the display to signal for pending notifications (e.g. missed calls, unread text messages, etc.).

WALL PRINTER VIDEO

The Wall Printer is inspired by old-school pin printers. It has 7 markers in a row, each individually controlled by a servo such that it can go up (not paint) or down (paint). When you manually slide it over a wall, the servo motions are carefully timed to produce text messages. These can include manually entered text, SMS messages, GPS coordinates and more.

The project is not yet complete, and the video above just demonstrates a simple pattern from an early experiment. I'll post an update once there is progress.

Why?

Android phones are powerful mobile computers having internet connectivity and a rich variety of built-in sensors (camera, GPS, IMU, touch screen). They are also very easy to write applications for, thanks to the great work done by the Android SDK developers. For many applications, all they are really missing is connectivity to external peripherals. This is exactly where IOIO fits in: it enriches the inherent capabilities of the Android device with the ability to communicate with external circuits.

From a study of existing solutions, they all suffered from one or more of the below:

High cost.

Complicated. Especially so for complete beginners.

High latency.

Low bandwidth.

Required replacement of the Android device OS.

Large physical size.

IOIO does not suffer from any of the above. Its cost (~$50 from SparkFun) is competitive with existing solutions, dead-simple to use, ~3ms one-way latency, ~300KB/sec throughput, works with stock OS, small in size.