Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kesav

TATA Sky+ HD PVR @3999/- - Is this a game changer for Tata Sky?

Tata Sky launches Tata Sky+ HD for Rs 3999

MUMBAI: After launching Personal Video Recorder (PVR) service Tata Sky+ and high-definition service Tata Sky HD, the direct-to-home (DTH) company is now gearing up to launch its first HD DVR service, Tata Sky+ HD.

Priced at Rs 3,999, the new service will enable subscribers to record the telecast with 1080i HD picture quality and 7.1 Dolby digital sound.

Tata Sky also said that the Tata Sky+ HD will be equipped with a 500GB hard drive, giving ample space to store even cricket matches.

Apart from the original features of recording and playing back programmes, pausing or rewinding live TV, different play-back positions, series link, resume recording after power cut and environment friendly auto power standby, the new service will also let subscribers to watch one programme while recording another.

Tata Sky CEO Harit Nagpal said, β€œIn a country where cricket is nothing short of a religion, Tata Sky will immensely enrich the experience of cricket aficionados by offering them the highly anticipated sporting extravaganza on HD. With a focused objective to enthrall the Indian viewers, Tata Sky is introducing yet another ground-breaking technology – Tata Sky+ HD at an unmatched price point. This offer will be a sure-fire hook shot among the subscribers with a promise to bowl them over with the ultimate viewing experience.”

source :: http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k11/feb/feb86.php

It's just an ultimate pricing.

Kudos to TATA Sky.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Only other DTH operator who has HD-DVR is Reliance and is priced at Rs. 5990.

Now, Reliance has no other choice but to reduce its pricing. Let us see what will be an answer.

Sexy...

I need this tata sky+ hd asap........ :Sorprendido:

TATA Sky has replaced their standard DVR with HD-DVR.

Follow the official link.

http://www.tataskyplus.com/

1. record your favourite programme/ movie in high definition

2. watch one programme while you record another

3. set your favourite daily soap for recording only once and it will get recorded automatically everyday

4. pause live TV

5. rewind live TV

I feel at this price, it's going to revolutionize the world cup viewing experience of India.

Edited by kesav

Just received Tata Sky + HD PVR @3999/- at my delhi residence; will be getting it tomorrow back to meerut for installation...

Did you get the Mega HD pack for 5301 with 1 year subscription of the business maghazine?

Why don't they enable USB function atleast to play movies as on DVD Players.

^

will discuss that with CC on giving them installation call tomorrow/day after;

Edited by Arun

any discount on returning old set top box?? ^_^

Can someone please send me the size of the setop box?? L X B X H and also the weight??

Mine was installed today and it is very good. :)

BTW, I already have Sun HD and Tata Sky HD.

Can someone please send me the size of the setop box?? L X B X H and also the weight??

It is 305 x 60 x 249 mm (W x H x D).

any discount on returning old set top box?? ^_^

They don't take it back. You can either use it for your other room. Or can get it de-activated. But no one else other than you can use it as per their latest policy dated 31.12.2010, they have stopped transferring ownership of STB.

Edited by mgdelhi

weight : 2.03 kg

the only drawback is u cannot transfer ur recorded stuffs to other devices... but still best till now ... TATA always revolutionazie the thingsclap.gif....

@Mukesh ji.... can u tell us the recording quality of videos...

Edited by amit.shippie

Thanks a lot Mukeshji and Aalok... It would fit in our special closet (which was made for our existing Rel. Digital TV).. ;)

Now, one more question.. In our existing Reliance Digital TV, when we set favorite channels, and when there is an upgradation (or when we switch off the power from the wall, rather than switching off the STB), the favorite channels vanish, and we have to do the cumbersome procedure to again keep the fav channels.. Is this problem happenening in this tata sky HD?

^

never happened in normal tata sky; will comment on this day after or perhaps mukesh can clarify...

Just got Tata Sky+ HD DVR up and running - stunning picture quality and recording also on immediately... HDMI, 5.1 dolby digital all working...

Notes - It took a while to get it to start downloading first time; Use splitter only and then only power up the box for faster download; also for 2nd room, the card has to be swiped to make this the primary box...

Had to call CC to get the HD Package running; got 2 month's subscription of HD Pack free; no other offer on installing as extra room package...

What's the Total Monthly Subscription Cost if one wants All Channels in Tata Sky including HD?

^

They are giving mega pack for 5300/- (original cost 6K) for 1 year + 1 year subscription to business today free on taking "new" connection of Tata Sky+HD PVR

Did they charge you something for the splitter? or were they kind enough to provide for free?

^

All free; though I used 60m wire as I got new wiring in both 2 connections. They said I would be charged 200/- in my account; I just gave them 100 bucks tip as it took more than 2 hours to properly setup everything...

This is the benefit of Sky, BSkyB has world class TV service which Tata can use, have used Sky and Sky+ and the same products are being offered here as TataSky and TataSky+.

Indian Hacks Kinect to Control Tata Sky Box

Harishankar Narayan from Chennai adds gesture control to his TV

Techtree

The open source movement has been making the most of Kinect. More than even what Microsoft could've possibly envisioned, which made it change its stance and prompted Sony, now green with envy, to push for a similar homebrew revolution with its Move motion controller. After having witnessed all manner of Kinect hacks, we finally get one from India. Harishankar Narayan, a Chennai based mechanical engineer, has mated the Kinect to control his Tata Sky set top box.

While one could question the logic behind having to use your arms to control the TV when just a finger suffices, that doesn't mean we don't like Minroity Reportesque user interfaces. Narayan's setup includes a Mac mini hooked up to the Kinect and a USB-UIRT box. The Kinect controller detects motion inputs and interfaces with the system using OpenNI to send data to the USB-UIRT box, which in turn sends IR signals to the set top box. This setup allows Narayan to control his Tata Sky box using hand gestures, like punch up to increase volume, punch right or left to change channels. Check out the video to see how the setup works

Gesture recognition with Kinect, uirt and TV: No More Remotes