Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sougatadc

TATA Indicom Offers New Add-On Pack Dilkekareeb

It was Rs. 99 per month for unlimited local on-net calls (Virgin/Tata Indicom/Tata DoCoMo/T24) and now only for Rs. 50 more the postpaid subscribers can enjoy a whopping 25 hours (90,000 seconds) of on-net STD calls. This is amazing!

I've subscribed this add-on pack and chatting leisurely with my sister who stays in Mumbai since last week. I'm loving it. :Sorprendido:

post-28928-0-07257900-1297700167_thumb.j

Edited by sougatadc
  • Like 5

at least mention your circle..

Good offer! Is this applicable pan India?

:previous:

Yes, it is a pan-India offer (be it TTSL or TTML).

I'm from West Bengal.

no such info on website...

really good for STD user,

hope it works in TTML.

visit here, Running banner shows this info.

but i have once again doubt does this will work in roaming also??

same doubt

Edited by me_saket

^^

As per CC, this add-on is available while in home circle only. It's a voice call add-on, so will cease working while roaming (unlike SMS or data packs).

You can check its pan-India presence by selecting different circles one by one from the drop-down menu. I've checked it and found that it's there everywhere including TTML areas.

Edited by sougatadc

Off the topic.Sorry. For reliance to reliance STD, i am using 490 plan in prepaid ( mumbai circle) which give me 2000 minutes of STD. IS there any better plan available in reliance?

^^

As per CC, this add-on is available while in home circle only. It's a voice call add-on, so will cease working while roaming (unlike SMS or data packs).

You can check its pan-India presence by selecting different circles one by one from the drop-down menu. I've checked it and found that it's there everywhere including TTML areas.

Not able to see it, please share link for delhi circle..:signthankspin:

Thanks for the info Saugata Bhai. +1 :)

Not able to see it, please share link for delhi circle..:signthankspin:

Open this link and select your circle as 'DELHI' from the top right drop down list. You will be able to see the offer in one of the flash banners those are changing rather quickly.

The offer must be available at least for two places as per the promo pic....New Delhi & Mumbai (Qutab Minar and Gateway of India visible at backgrounds of the callers making the STD call) :winko:

Edited by sougatadc

Thanks for the info Saugata Bhai. +1 :)

Thanks a lot Kamal bhai and KS for the +1. I get them very rarely.

^

Here you go one more +1! The forum always appreciates good work that is the nice thing about this community. And sorry for the double post regarding your circle, our posts had crossed.

^

Here you go one more +1! The forum always appreciates good work that is the nice thing about this community. And sorry for the double post regarding your circle, our posts had crossed.

Thanx a lot my dear Dipan.

I was wrongly billed when I opted for this add-on pack. My base pack was a 249 pay per second pack with 200Rs of calls and all calls at 1p/s. When I registered for this pack, the person specifically told me that for pay per second pack I have 90000 seconds of T2T STD. Instead some dumb-wits at the billing section deducted interpreted 1500minutes as 1500 units and gave a discount for 1500 seconds (Rs. 15). When I called the customer care, I was told that "add-on packs come into effect after the base tariff is used up" and refused to register a complaint. I was actually stunned at their stupidity for sometime and was dumbstruck. It looks like Tata Indicom has lost a lot of customer care personal over the last few months, because I never had to face such nonsense before. Either this or the company as a whole is suffering brain damage.

Also wondering if anyone noticed that the former head of Airtel has moved in to head Tata Indicom. Probably this may explain the "billing" issue.

Edited by anandjm

I was wrongly billed when I opted for this add-on pack. My base pack was a 249 pay per second pack with 200Rs of calls and all calls at 1p/s. When I registered for this pack, the person specifically told me that for pay per second pack I have 90000 seconds of T2T STD. Instead some dumb-wits at the billing section deducted interpreted 1500minutes as 1500 units and gave a discount for 1500 seconds (Rs. 15). When I called the customer care, I was told that "add-on packs come into effect after the base tariff is used up" and refused to register a complaint. I was actually stunned at their stupidity for sometime and was dumbstruck. It looks like Tata Indicom has lost a lot of customer care personal over the last few months, because I never had to face such nonsense before. Either this or the company as a whole is suffering brain damage.

Also wondering if anyone noticed that the former head of Airtel has moved in to head Tata Indicom. Probably this may explain the "billing" issue.

On seeing the HIGH ROAMING charges of TI prepaid, I doubted some AirHELL's Trojan attack in another thread... Now my doubt has got confirmed...

AirHELL has very criminal ideas to kill competition by sending Trojan Horses to their enemies' castles...

My dear friend, write mail directly to Anil Sadarna, MD of Tata Indicom, giving details of your wrong bill. You will be contacted by somebody from the MD's desk. If they try to prove it otherwise, stick to your point. You'll get refund. I was first to point out this error. It took two billing cycles to rectify, and I got refunds for two consecutive months.

If you need, I may provide the mails I wrote to Mr Anil Sadarna, MD, Tata Indicom.

Edited by sougatadc

:previous:

Unfortunately Anil was moved to some other firm of Tata (may be Iron/Steel) few months back... But still your mail may get forwarded to TI's MD desk...

Unfortunately Anil was moved to some other firm of Tata (may be Iron/Steel) few months back...

Anil Sardana now manages Tata Power.

today got the msg from tata indicom tht too activate national incoming there is a pack to be activated.....anyone else got tht msg or today is 1st april....m confused....whn i called the cc on 121 thy didnt hv any info regarding tht... :Equivocado:

Actually started a separate thread about this listing the full details. But either someone deleted it or I was half asleep (it was around 1 am). The issue was finally settled tuesday morning. Filed a complaint with the nodal desk on monday morning and guess what on tuesday I hear the response that the bill is right. So I demand an explanation of the15 discount and then explained it to the person at nodal desk. This time she was convinced there was a problem. She went back to billing department and then reverted back to me with a refund. Anyway the whole situation left me pretty upset that for a simple billing issue of not more than100, I had to waste so much of my time. Looking back I wonder whether I should have ignored the bill, instead of fighting for my rights as a customer. Anyway I am attaching my email to the nodal desk detailing the manner in which my complaint was dealt with and which I also cc'ed to the MD. I was considering porting out of Tata due to handset registration issues, but hesitated because I always experience good support from TI's customer care. But after this incident, I really have no interest in continuing with TI.

I had converted my number 9246XXXXXX to a 249 Pay per second plan. I took an addon pack of149 where Tata - Tata local calls where free and 1500 Minutes (90000 seconds under PPS) where free.

1. On the 28th of April 2011, I had received the bill for my secondary number 9246XXXXXX (which I have since converted to prepaid due to signal/network related issues). I noticed an issue in the billing where instead of 1500 minutes I was given a discount of 1500 seconds. I called up customer care and was forwarded to a certain Mr. W, who refused to acknowledge any issue, insisted the bill was right and cooked up a story on why it was right. The story he cooked up was that the addon-pack will come into effect only when all my free usage under the base tariff is exhausted. Furthermore he refused to register a complaint even when I insisted. No reference or any other number was provided. I called up customer care again and a certain Mr. Imthiaz answered and provided me the reference number (6709XXXXX) for the earlier call.

2. On the next day (29th), any attempts from my side at calling up resulted in me getting a response "Sir, the systems are down. Please call after 1 hour". This was the standard response all the way from morning till evening.

3. On saturday (30th) when I had to call many times before someone answered my call. When I finally did, it was someone from the Telugu language section. This even though when my language preference was English. I was forwarded then to the Tamil section and then back to the Telugu section. Finally I was forwarded to the English section (This forwarding process took 30minutes). The person who responded was able to understand the problem (after explaining for almost 5-10minutes), acknowledged a billing issue and registered a complaint with the docket number 2628XXXXX.

4. On monday (2nd May), I get a call by a person speaking Hindi, with a very carefree attitude telling me stories on why the bill is right. He said the same thing as Mr. W. I felt that this person was taking my complaint too lightly.

5. I was so furious at the response to my complaint that I called up the nodal office and lost my temper at the person who answered my call. This was not appropriate, but I felt this was the only way my complaint would be taken seriously after all that I had to endure for 3 days. I specifically mentioned that I do not want anyone from the billing section to contact me. I also specifically requested for anyone with some amount of common sense to go through my bill before getting in touch with me.

6. I get an email in the evening stating that the complaint has been closed, and that Tata Indicom hopes that I am satisfied with the resolution provided.

7. I call up customer care, a lady answers and she goes with me through the bill and tells me the bill is right, I ask to explain why it is right and also to explain my free calling allowance as opposed to the discount I received. She refuses to acknowledge there is a problem, says the bill is right, and forwards me to her superior a Ms K. Ms K parrots the same thing, and then she starts describing the bill for March. When I ask her about the April bill, she says she does not have it. Furthermore she asks me visit your Tata Indicom store with the bill and get the issue sorted out. The call is disconnected abruptly.

8. I call up customer care again, and this time I find someone who was more sympathetic to my complaint. He went through the bill, acknowledged there was a mistake, and promised to get back to me after calling the billing section.

9. Today (3rd May) I get a call from the nodal office stating that "the bill is perfectly right" and goes on explaining why. After trying to explain to her why the bill is wrong, she gets back to me saying that she would get in touch with the billing dept and then revert to me. Finally I get a call back and I am told that the balance of around Rs. 100 would be reverted to my account.

My questions:

1. Why did Mr. W refused to lodge a complaint, and provide any docket or reference number for the same?

2. Why did it take so long for me to contact customer care and speak to someone in English to lodge a complaint? Do you not have any policy where you check if a customer is on hold for a long time.

3. My language preference is clearly known. Why did you allow Hindi/Telugu speaking persons to contact me and waste my time?

4. Why does it take so long for me to convince your people that there is a mistake in the bill? If there was no mistake in the bill and I was wrong, why were people trying to convince me that the addon pack tariff is not valid till the base usage is exhausted. Why not give a more clear and logical explanation?

This complaint is not about the money, but is about the way I have been treated as a customer.

ps: moderators please remove/edit details not appropriate.

After the email, I am being chased by Tata Indicom regarding the signal issue which I had raised last May. While earlier I had to chase them and take a day off from work and yet find no one turning up, the tables seem reversed. Currently I am to busy to be at home except for sleeping (working late night due to deadlines) and they do not find me at home. Earlier they would just call up without doing anything and would want to close the complaint. Now even though I do not want to pursue the complaint and am asking them to close it, they are not ready to.

Edited by anandjm