Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
drali

Please suggest between Samsung Ace vs LG Optimus P500

I am planning to buy my first android phone,my Budget is around 15k.plz suggest the best one.

Also how is the android experience with EDGE(vodaphone GPRS)?

I forward around 50 smses/day to diff groups ,will it be easy with froyo?

You are on Reliance CDMA.... Why you are buying a GSM Android ?

Aur agar 15K ka budget hai...to meri signature me jo Deal hai vo le lo.... You won't get any such Phone in GSM at this price!!!!

I am planning to buy my first android phone,my Budget is around 15k.plz suggest the best one.

Also how is the android experience with EDGE(vodaphone GPRS)?

I forward around 50 smses/day to diff groups ,will it be easy with froyo?

Both phones come from different leagues being best in their respective leagues. Ace has a big 3.5 inch screen while Optimus has 3.2 inch screen although resolution is same. However Ace has 1350 mAh battery, Optimus has 1500 mAh battery. Also RAM in Ace is 278 MB compared to 512 MB in Optimus. Price wise Optimus is more VFM than Ace.

Of the two you mentioned, Ace is better any day as it boasts of a generous processor (800Mhz vs 600Mhz), UI, cam and overall display. It will cost you around 14K.

You are on Reliance CDMA.... Why you are buying a GSM Android ?

Aur agar 15K ka budget hai...to meri signature me jo Deal hai vo le lo.... You won't get any such Phone in GSM at this price!!!!

Dude I am shifting to GSM bec of poor network of RCDMA at my work place.(complaining for the last 6 months but in vain)

Ab batao k Android with GPRS mai kitna maza ayega or sms to forward ho jayenge na?

I am getting HTC dezire for 17-18 k from gray market but not interested in that.

Can you suggest some device which can provide me Wifi using my Tata photon+ usb dongle.

@karthik & konquerror

It is the RAM or the CPU that affect the overall performance of mobile?

In fact both affect the mobile's performance in their respective ways :) The more the RAM, contents like heavy applications can be loaded more quickly and tasks like opening or switching applications will be smoother with better processor.

previous.gif Also, CPU intensive tasks will obviously perform better on faster CPU. So if you are into stuff like gaming, CPU could matter a lot. Angry Birds (some scenarios) for eg. does not play too smoothly on O1. At least not with the ads playing.

Ab batao k Android with GPRS mai kitna maza ayega or sms to forward ho jayenge na?

Can you suggest some device which can provide me Wifi using my Tata photon+ usb dongle.

Android with GPRS will be OK for light browsing..Email Check..GPRS speed will depend on Which Operator in GSM you are going to...Vodafone & Airtel GPRS speeds are supposed to be good..But again people experience different speed at different times and in different circles...No one size fits all...You will need to do your own homework to find out a better Operator for GPRS..

For SMS...There are good apps in Android..

Device Which Can Provide WiFi using your Tata Photon+ Dongle...

Option 1: Greatest has a very good device SAPIDO .. See the thread here http://www.rimweb.in...-hotspot-3g35g/ Now if he is in the mood to sell, Ask him OR

Option 2: A Product like this from Ebay http://cgi.ebay.in/w...ht_14874wt_1139

Option 3: Or this Olive Pocket Router http://www.shopping....pid-460514.aspx

Edited by rajanmehta

Thanx raccoon & rajan,

I got all d answers .

And rajan when i was posting this thread,I was thinking of you only :).

Bhai itni knowledge kahan se........

vodafone gprs speed is not very good in delhi.

@amitsonu

which mobile are you using for vodaphone gprs and how much is the network strength in your area?

Faced with the same dilemma, I finally chose Optimus One over Ace. The reason being - I am not completely dependent on phone camera; for occasional 2-3 snaps 3MP will suffice.

and second 200MHz of increased clock speed may not result in highly improved performance. Also O1 can be safely over clocked to 700MHz I read, if needed!!

What I feel is O1 is worth every penny for its price as an entry level android.

gaming may not be its strong point. Angry birds did work but not as smooth as on high-end phones.

The only bad point (which is common to all androids ) - battery!! Getting 12-13 hours if usage is high (and on 3G).

Agree with srk006...Between Ace & Optimus One P500... It makes sense to go for LGOptimus One..

Actually this category of between 15 to 20k in India has the least amount of choice available for Androids...Either You stick to 11-12K Androids with some compromises on features OR Spend beyond 20K for an Android having it all...

But since Doc has mentioned his budget at 15K...If you an extend it by 2.5-3k...There is a Very Good Well Balanced Choice Available...

That is Motorola Defy....

What You Will Get More compared to thoses ACES & OPTIMUS ONES....

854x480 Pixel 256 ppi Gorgeous High Resolution Screen...Ace & O1 both have 320x480

2GB of User Shared Memory...Ace & o1 have 158MB & 170MB

1540 mAh battery...Ace 1350 & o1 1500

Corning Gorilla Glass Screen...Scratch Proof...Ace & O1 Don't have

Waterproof & Dustproof...Tough Made...Ace & 01 Don't have

Has 800 Mhz Processor...Ace has 800 & O1 600...Haven't checked the processor variants in all this...Which also matters a lot...

Video Recording at 30FPS..Haven't checked Ace & o1

The Only negative in Defy is Android 2.1...But that is right Now...Motorola has officially announced it is getting 2.2 in Q2-2011.. See Official Motorola Update Schedule https://supportforum...oftwareupgrades

Besides huge amount of Custom ROMs for 2.2 (Even 2.3) available on XDA http://forum.xda-dev...splay.php?f=852

Actually i don't consider it a negative in light of the huge + list above and when you have choice of Custom ROM's available & Official Update Coming...

Dhirajbhai would be happy to confirm...I think he uses Stock 2.1 on EPIC...And Pretty OK with it... :)

In Summary...

Stick to LG Optimus One if want to spend only 11-12K

If spending 15K...Spend 3k More...Motorola Defy...

Personal Dilemma Advice...

If i had to choose...Would have gone for Defy...Because Screen Resolution & Corning Gorila Glass alone is worth it...2GB user memory a huge bonus.. :)

One deal breaker for the O1 could be the issue of dust getting under the screen. It seems a huge number of people are facing this issue. Some unverified sources have said it seem to have been fixed in the latest batches.

So forget about being dust proof like the Moto Defy, it seems O1 has issues even with dust encountered in "normal" usage.

Personally, I have not yet observed this problem in my phone, but then my (1 month old) phone has been in a very low dust environment.

Strange that LG did not foresee such basic issues. mad.gif

Edited by raccoon

Nice Info GUys :)

Hye bro go for LG Optimus

@amitsonu

which mobile are you using for vodaphone gprs and how much is the network strength in your area?

HTC wildfire signal always full but speed always low..

One deal breaker for the O1 could be the issue of dust getting under the screen. It seems a huge number of people are facing this issue. Some unverified sources have said it seem to have been fixed in the latest batches.

So forget about being dust proof like the Moto Defy, it seems O1 has issues even with dust encountered in "normal" usage.

Personally, I have not yet observed this problem in my phone, but then my (1 month old) phone has been in a very low dust environment.

Strange that LG did not foresee such basic issues. mad.gif

I am using the Nokia E5's Leather flip cover for my LG O1. It fits perfectly on LG O1 only thing, just expand the volume slot little to access volume keys

post-8893-0-65528400-1298439252_thumb.jp

^ @Fevin

Does the camera slot align correctly?

I am using the Nokia E5's Leather flip cover for my LG O1. It fits perfectly on LG O1 only thing, just expand the volume slot little to access volume keys

Thanks, will check it out. How much do these flip covers cost? The case provided by LG is really pathetic. Open from both sides and too tight (could scratch or wear out the surface due to constant friction). I was considering a normal puch made of soft material but the couple of shops I asked in did not have the right size for the O1.

Btw, how do you guys find the included handsfree? Just recently started to use it and find that its really bad too. Callers voices sound high pitched and un-natural. Just want to know if this is true only for my handsfree or that LG is bundling really poor quality handsfree with all the O1s.

^ @Fevin

Does the camera slot align correctly?

Yes, Actually the slot is little big

Thanks, will check it out. How much do these flip covers cost? The case provided by LG is really pathetic. Open from both sides and too tight (could scratch or wear out the surface due to constant friction). I was considering a normal puch made of soft material but the couple of shops I asked in did not have the right size for the O1.

Btw, how do you guys find the included handsfree? Just recently started to use it and find that its really bad too. Callers voices sound high pitched and un-natural. Just want to know if this is true only for my handsfree or that LG is bundling really poor quality handsfree with all the O1s.

The cost for Flip cover is 100 Rs and The brand is 'Mac Case'

sorry of topic

what about NOKIA C6-01???

now show on samsung website

Galaxy Fit S5670

http://in.samsungmobile.com/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-fit-s5670

Edited by kk999

The samsung FIT is available in Flipkart for 10400/- (*Pre order)

samsung Fit

Still, spending 1.2K over for LG O1 is worth

coz

1. Better RAM

2. Support Divx

3. Built in free Navigation (Ndrive)

4. Better battery

5. Better Resolution

6. Better Video (18 fps)

Edited by FEVIN-RAJ

ok lemme put my 2 cents

i was planning to buy a android , i mean my first android 1 month back ,

did a thorough research and swelled my budget to like 17k , but really when i compared everything from screen resolution , processor power , ram , and functionality also the price

I realized that LG optimus one is really the best of em all in its price range

have been using it since 1 month and i am so bloody happy,

its screen though 256k colors but really looks so awesome , the resolution is very very good , and the screen touch response and size are just too great.

the touch sensitivity is just ideal which is needed for a concious touch.

speaker is great

camera is good : its 3.2 but still better than samsung's 5MP one , the main drawback is lack of flash but the awesome camera features are just mind blowing.

reception is great

battery life ( well with good usage 1 whole day , androids **** in this aspect : its got a great 1500mah battery)

and for 11k to 12.5k its a steal ( yupp read reports that the prices are slashed so 11 to 12.5k)

regards

previous.gif Errr... sorry go sound like a wet blanket or something, but I'd beg to differ on some counts. On what count can the resolution be said to be "very, very good?" 320 x 480 is like the min. required for what I might term as just about "decent". Touch sensitivity is on the lower side for a capacitive screen. Yes, I know some may actually like this and its subjective, but personally I find myself having to repeat touches, as I prefer really sensitive screens. Speaker phone isn't so good... esp. for voice calls. Strangely, it seems to perform better when music is played... but I'd certainly not use any superlatives for it. Sound quality on headphones is not good. My old Moto is better than this! (better headphones may solve this... though I haven't tried yet). In fact I plan to take the headphones to the service center. Camera is "average"... but frankly, I'v not compared it to Samsung's Androids in the same price range. However, I will say that Samsung's 3.2 cameras on some other mobiles (non-Android) I'v seen are better.

However, if you look at the overall package when you look at the features and price. I'd certainly say it offers a lot for the price, at the moment, but does not particularly excel in anything.

I'm just mentioning this so that prospective buyers don't get carried away in making their choice.

Edited by raccoon

I am happy with my galaxy tab :winko:

• Like 1