Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
raccoon

Docomo Formally Joins Airtel Cheater's Club?

Ok, now Docomo starts!

I have been on the Sab Se Bol pack since approximately 6 months now. For those who do not know - it gives 1 GB data allowance per month and some T-T talk time.

This month I suddenly discovered that my balance suddenly became zero. They told me its I have used up 1GB in just 10 days so data charges were deducted from my main balance. Now, I have been complaining about poor data speeds since several weeks. Instead of addressing this core issue, they have the gall to tell me I have used up 1 GB in 10 days!!

I do not connect my phone to comp. My phone clearly shows my data usage as about 90 MB. Further I am not that bad at estimating how much data I consume. In fact I can't use it much because of the pathetic speeds most of the time and also many times it simply does not connect.

What is really funny is that one of their own tech guys who had called me up made me wait on the phone while he fished out my data records and told me that I have used up only about 90 MB. He admitted that there seems to be some mistake and he will look into it. Next day I receive SMS that I have been correctly charged and there is no problem.

After making a LOT of noise, without getting into details, they finally credited back 80% of the amount they pilfered from my account. What is worse is that the guy had the gall to tell me that I have been charged correctly but they are crediting it back as a goodwill gesture! :angry: And as of now they are not ready to reinstate the 900 MB or so which I most definitely have not used. So I am without data on my smartphone. :cursing:

Ever since this issue occurred I am observing several other issues too. One of them being that my balance not only goes down, but goes up too on its own. And it happens in steps!

Further, I got a SMS saying I activated a 3G plan which I most certainly have not. And even after getting that SMS, they are telling me that 3G has never been active on my number.

Few other issues too...

What exactly is Docomo upto? If they are doing this for petty cash, then I fail to understand the math. I told them I will not recharge unless they fix the issues and will be forced to port out. Does Mr. Tata think that making a small amount of petty cash is the short term is more lucrative than maintaining a good, reasonably well paying customer in the long term? Or is it just that they have increadibly shoddy networks with poltergeists in them? Or a disgruntled employee fooling around?

So beware guys - think more than twice before recharging with large amounts. I was lucky that I had a small balance. You can never know when they wil simply wipe it out without warning.

Very, very annoyed with Docomo. Seriously considering a switch soon...

Edited by raccoon

MNP is here. Why not make a move?

What I know is all the players are the same. Airtel has the most pathetic speed on EDGE ( Kerala).

DoCoMO is better of the lot.

Yes, I agree... One should check out all networks in their everyday areas, and then decide on which operator to chooose... Port out is the way to go.. you might also be provided sweetening offers from dcm (6 month old customer)...

My TD number 9037533xxx (Kerala) which I am having since launch, havent let me down with any unwarrented deductions.

:)

In a lone occasion they deducted my balance for consuming data when internet packs where activated and should apply. They credited my balance back after 12hrs without me complaining and send a note ''as a token of gratitude...'' WTH! :P

me from maharashtra i have always less balance . and i have sab se bol pack .only using for net.but some days before i have recharged for 125 full talktime and after 2 days my number was switched off but they deduct 3 rupees for game download and rs 2 on next day . when i complained cc they replying u have used .then i complained to nodal officer they resolve after 3days and after two days same 2 rs deducted . what a world class service they are providing mr TATA and NTT Docomo . it is robbery ....

sab saale chor hain

sab saale chor hain

:rofl_200: lolzz.. true.. yesterday only some odd 50 Rs. deducted from my 10 yr. old BSNL no. when tried raising a complaint against this, the CC was giving me some vague reasons & didn't lodged a complaint.. immediately sent PORT request & got the port code too.. now have to decide which operator to choose.. :P

tata telcom has loss of Rs 7k crore and pilling up (fortune india cover story issue dtd 11 feb.. wht else u can expect??

Somehow I am feeling its a wonderful gesture from all operators saying dont worry we all are worse and will loot money from you whether you stay with us or port out (MNP effect maybe):P

I wonder about one thing though...

Why this fascination for using Prepaid for Primary and Mainly Used Individual Numbers Now... I mean there is no huge difference in tariifs beween Prepaid & Postpaid now a days.... Add on Packs are also available in Post Paid...

Remembering so many packs in prepaid... validity... recharges... doing the maths...VAS activated...Balance Checks on continuous basis...balance exhaused...then doing the running around to get your moolah back... as one is always fearful of the operator looting you in the background...

All this energy saping & waste of time excercises for Busy People like Professionals, Well Settled Guys just for saving 100-200 bucks in postpaid rental is not worth it IMHO....

Personally I have used Reliance, Vodafone, Airtel... All Postpaid... For Years.... And haven't faced any of the hurdles mentioned in this thread as well as hundreds of other prepaid woes mentioned in other topics....

You get the bill...everything mentioned clearly...can do the checking exercise on a monthly basis rather than worrying every day.... Peace of Mind.... And the Operator has to worry about getting the bill amount from you after you availed the services rather than the other way round....

OR Am i Missing Any Great Bounty All Such Prepaid users are getting? Then Enlighten Me!!! winko.gif

• Like 1

Why this fascination for using Prepaid for Primary and Mainly Used Individual Numbers Now... I mean there is no huge difference in tariifs beween Prepaid & Postpaid now a days.... Add on Packs are also available in Post Paid...

Remembering so many packs in prepaid... validity... recharges... doing the maths...VAS activated...Balance Checks on continuous basis...balance exhaused...then doing the running around to get your moolah back... as one is always fearful of the operator looting you in the background...

All this energy saping & waste of time excercises for Busy People like Professionals, Well Settled Guys just for saving 100-200 bucks in postpaid rental is not worth it IMHO....

Personally I have used Reliance, Vodafone, Airtel... All Postpaid... For Years.... And haven't faced any of the hurdles mentioned in this thread as well as hundreds of other prepaid woes mentioned in other topics....

You get the bill...everything mentioned clearly...can do the checking exercise on a monthly basis rather than worrying every day.... Peace of Mind.... And the Operator has to worry about getting the bill amount from you after you availed the services rather than the other way round....

OR Am i Missing Any Great Bounty All Such Prepaid users are getting? Then Enlighten Me!!! winko.gif

very true rajan sir,

I was using prepaid before march 2009, but at that time deducting balance without consent was not rampant like today.

but after using postpaid I feel it will proved to be cheaper than prepaid if we consider all factors u mentioned plus long time benefit of plan as telcos often close them in prepaid. now I can't think of using prepaid.

Most importantly after completing 6 month in postpaid you are likely to get much better plan (through retention), if you threaten your operator to shift to another operator

Edited by amitnsonu

MNP is here. Why not make a move?

What I know is all the players are the same. Airtel has the most pathetic speed on EDGE ( Kerala).

DoCoMO is better of the lot.

Yes, seriously considering a move now. But nothing was as bad as Airtel. Compared to Airtel, anybody else is better.

Yes, I agree... One should check out all networks in their everyday areas, and then decide on which operator to chooose... Port out is the way to go.. you might also be provided sweetening offers from dcm (6 month old customer)...

I did send a port out request few days ago... but could not/did not do anything about it due to lack of time & work pressures. I did get a call the next day. The lady asked me if I was satisfied. I said obviously I'm not, thats why I'm leaving. At that time I was pissed because they did not give me the benifit of the Facebook offer. She in a pretty disinterested voice quickly told me that all my issues wll be resolved and hung up before I could rant more. Nothing happened after that.

My TD number 9037533xxx (Kerala) which I am having since launch, havent let me down with any unwarrented deductions.

:)

In a lone occasion they deducted my balance for consuming data when internet packs where activated and should apply. They credited my balance back after 12hrs without me complaining and send a note ''as a token of gratitude...'' WTH! :P

Seems we have a very gracious thief at hand. mad.gif

tata telcom has loss of Rs 7k crore and pilling up (fortune india cover story issue dtd 11 feb.. wht else u can expect??

Yes, but does even make business sense? Haven't used my connection for so many days due to this, and the resulting loss for them will be much more than the amount they robbed. But it seems everyone does not think like this and many people I know take this in their stride. So maybe my type is a minority they can afford to just ignore.

Last time I looked, the difference was very much there. Lower tariffs, more offers, etc. Plus I'm more comfy with pre-paid. The longest time I'v used a connection was Idea pre paid. Zero noticed discrepancies except for one issue related their clock being out of sync, which they did eventually resolve in few days. So I wasn't exactly used to this form of looting.

Edited by raccoon

@ Rajan,

The only major benefit of prepaid over postpaid is that the tariffs are lower because of various full TT offers and on which no Service Tax is deducted - thereby giving you fullest bang for your buck. The ST as all know amounts currently to 10.3% and which sometime back was 12.36%. Maybe in this budget on Monday, it will get restored to 12.36% so that the GoI has lot of money for providing doles to poor and by this way - they also get their votes in the next elections.

But on the flip side, yes, you have to be checking out daily or maybe twice, thrice, four times or even more every day to see if your balance has indeed vanished or not. Plus the headache of remembering the validities of the various addon packs etc.

In all my Six (4 with RCOM and 2 with BSNL) postpaid accounts, I have never been wrongly charged for things that are being generally complained about by many prepaid users on this forum. Some charges are wrongly charged, but then when you complain, they do not close the case saying 'you were rightly charged'. And even in such cases, I email to the CMO etc and get the refund somehow or the other.

You see the cellco also has to survive in this extremely competitive business - so what they give as FTT eventually gets adjusted by un-authorised activation of VAS packs etc. Eventually what you have gained initially, you will lose later and that is definite. In all my Seven prepaids (4 with RCOM, 2 with Voda and 1 with Airtel) there have always been some wrong charges or the other at some point of time.

It is upto each user to decide whether postpaid is good or prepaid is good. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Some offers are available only in prepaid, whereas some other offers are only for postpaid. Its like choosing between the devil and the deep sea.

LET THE BUYER BEWARE!

@raccoon,

You can just throw away the DoCoMo card and get yourself another operator. You were one of the most vociferous against people wanting to stick to one operator, come what may. Knowing you, I am sure you will discard DoCoMo soon. Cheers.

• Like 3

previous.gif Hehe, right. I have a pretty low tolerance level. But there are many factors to consider. Also currently, I do not think I will get a similar data+call+SMS tariff elsewhere. Also, coverage at least at my home is almost back to what it was earlier. Amongst the operators I'v checked only Idea has full coverage in every corner but too expensive. Voda is similar. Airtel is worst, with zero coverage in some places. Aircel is better, but not good enough. RGSM coverage has suddenly improved a lot since several weeks, but reasons everyone knows, it cannot be used as a primary connection. So that leaves only Docomo, which is "decent". Uninor I haven't checked at my place, so maybe I should consider it now...

I think most people are against getting a postpaid connection dreading possible bill shocks especially with regard to data usage.

For postpaid u pay more bcoz there is peace of mind with customer.

In prepaid u get more offers and FTT bcoz u pretend that u r paying less and getting more benifits.

So in short in prepaid u are buying headache by paying to Telecos.

In my experince.

Tata indicom prepaid/postpaid has very slight difference in term of services/comfotable/hadache.

But vast difference in term of TARIFF.

For network coverage both prepaid/postpaid are same.

I moved from RCDMA postpaid to prepaid several years ago after I was charged for data usage on my cellphone, when I never used cellphone for web browsing.

On my Airtel postpaid, I was charged Rs 45 for ISD calls to Maldives in last bill. I never called numbers in Maldives. Now I am planning to move to prepaid for this Airtel number.

I don't blame cellphone companies for being greedy. They are working very hard to collect money that is required to be paid to UPA government ministers as bribe.

Raccoon bhai is correct... Even in my Docomo number some times they charge as 1p/sec (for calls below 10sec though) instead of 1p/2sec (My current tariff is 1p/2sec local/STD)...

I have tackled the FB fan issue by using their elder-sister concern TataCDMA...

Yes, considering the sooo many VAS activation junkies by ALL (YES... ALLLL FOR SURE) operators, postpaid seems best for now... But ONLY few operators like TataCDMA offers good plans in postpaid almost as good as prepaid + Rs100 EXTRA per month for peace of mind, you can say...

Even the BL00DY VIDE0CON, whose birth is VERY RECENT AND DIFFICULT :Contento: , activated cricket packs on their own and refused to give the amount back as refund.... I once felt PITY on NEW operators, BUT NOW NOT AT ALL... :angry: ALL ARE EVIL...

Nowadays I have seen some times some USSD comes saying "Press OK to activate this CRBT for Rs30 per month OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT"... Sometimes during unlocking the keyboard, we can UNKNOWINGLY activating that BL00DY VAS... These operators (incl Videocon, Docomo) should be tied with ropes and beaten with whip till death... :angry:

Sigh... really sick state of affairs.

Very surprising that even very new operators like Videocon are doing this. Seems they are not all all scared of loosing cusomers.

This raises interesting questions - how does the Indian customers deal with this open looting? I suspect the vast majority may be taking it in their stride. So they must be gaining from the majority of customers. Those who demand refunds & pursuing and/or leaving must be a v small minority.

too bad.. i was just thinking of switching over to docomo..

Sigh... really sick state of affairs.

Very surprising that even very new operators like Videocon are doing this. Seems they are not all all scared of loosing cusomers.

This raises interesting questions - how does the Indian customers deal with this open looting? I suspect the vast majority may be taking it in their stride. So they must be gaining from the majority of customers. Those who demand refunds & pursuing and/or leaving must be a v small minority.

Absolutely, most of the people does not have time and patience to fight for these petty cash.

Each operator may have quarterly target of Rs.50 from each subscriber.

For a subscriber, it's just Rs. 50 every quarter so he may get fed up after 2-level of escalations and leave it as alms for the operator.

But it's huge huge free money for the operators.....

I feel it's high time for TRAI to take cognizance of this open loot and device a mandatory template process for secured activation of VAS.

previous.gif Yes, but instead of that they are asking them to find the cause of the activations/deductions. That means they are still assuming that it happens inadvertently. How much more hilarious can it get?

I have been on post paid right from my Usha days in 1999, except for a brief period with Essar as they then were. Have no regrets so far. have a RCom (original DAPO) and a BSNL connection. Just waiting for the 3G situation to stabilise before dumping the latter. Heard that Tata Docomo will also be offering 3G in UPE very soon (are on the Tata Docomo backbone). Also, they are offering a CUG + concessional tariff to IIT.

Besides my various other issues with Docomo, forgot to mention that couple days ago, when I attempted to log into my a/c on the Docomo site, instead of seeing my account, I found myself looking into the account of some user in MP!!

Could see all his details, called numbers, etc., etc. You can also make some changes and activate/deactivate stuff from there! Now question is, if this can happen to me, it means someone somewhere may even have been given access to my account!! Confuso.gif

What kind of rubbish systems do these guys use?

Today they refunded the amount (in fact li'l more than what they took) and also gave me 900 MB data till 4th March (after that I'm supposed to get the next 1 GB for the next 30 days).

And all this after going from CC (most hopeless) all the way to the DoT.

Whats more the guy had the gall to tell me that they will not be able to do this everytime and I better watch my data usage. I told I most certainly will not have so much time to speak to all the jokers from Docomo and spend time giving a fresh explanation and writing mails everywhere, each time just for some measly 50 - 100 bucks. So it is Docomo who should watch its policies and/or systems to ensure they do not harass me like this again, etc., etc. mad.gif

Now even though they have given me back the 900 MB (approx) that I most definitely have not used, I get it only for the next 4 days. I mostly will hardly be using upto 100 MB of that. And for 15 days of the current 30 day cycle, I was without data. In fact I got a WiFi router at home because of these robbers/jokers. And instead of checking their systems (assuming it happened inadvertently) they like to portray that they are doing it as a favor/goodwill gesture.

In the end, with some measly 100 MB (which is approx what I might use) and <100 bucks they have retained me and caused much harassment and waste of time. Not to mention the time I wasted on their %$@* Facebook offer, last month, which they never gave me. mad.gif

Guess I'll stick with them for now, as I won't get these tariffs with other operators as of now. Checked the EDGE speeds three times today. Fluctuated between 60 - 120 kbps downlink. Uplink is much slower at about 50 kbps. I also better wait for MNP to stabilize in the meantime. But I'm not gonna trust them with bigger recharges anymore.