Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
harismahesh

Toyota Etios - Black

Hi Guys,

I have booked Toyota Etios black color. I have seen almost all colors of it. But never ever got a chance to see black color. Even I went showroom 6 times just to see if they have a black color in showroom.

Even in google I searched but never happen to see a live picture. So out of curiousity, I am requesting if anybody come to see the black will upload the picture here. Plz ? :GirandoOjos:

Somehow I never liked black colour in indian conditions; Its a firangi (english) concept to have black colours in vehicles; It doesnt go either with our climate or our environment; It absorbs more heat in already over-sunny conditions in India and overheats the car leading to less air-conditioning efficiency; It attracts dusts in the already over-dusty Indian roads; It attracts scratches in the already over-crowded India streets and those scratches are more visible in this dark shade; It is also inauspicious to go for black colour in our culture as it stands for death and evil ...

I would advice you to go for lighter shades in any colour rather than black...

Edited by dkaile

Ya..its true...but the colors mostly i like is - white and black. My dad have a Fiesta white and so i decided to go for Black despite of these facts

I saw a black etios car, crossed me on opposite direction. Couldn't take any photos, but it looked nice. Toyota, especially in case of Etios, has given a beautiful color paint on the outside, and then has saved money on every nut and bolt. If you are going for black color, prepare yourself mentally for a greulling cleanup every week and hot interiors in summers.

Which version did you book? How much waiting?

Etios+Celestial+Black.jpgEtios+Harmony+Beige.jpgEtios+Serene+Bluish+Silver.jpgEtios+Vermilion+Red.jpgSymphony+Silver.jpgEtios+White.jpg
  • Like 1

I completely agree with what Dhiraj has said regarding black colur in our culture/country.

But, I would like to add that Black cars simply look gorgeous....if only well maintained. And black is a tough color to maintain.

But if you can maintain it, go for it.

hey Haris

8 months !!! :Ohhhh: its a pretty long waiting period

But, any way its worth waiting for this beauty.Also the black color will reduce the bulky looks of the car.

BTW, Why not a VW Vento ? Have u checked the waiting period for Vento ?

Edited by FEVIN-RAJ

One of my friend bught etios on 4th feb. Its good value for money car after Tata Manza. Though interior of etios is not comparable with manza.

Vento is I think much more than etios. And waiting iin ahmedabad is 12 months.

Etios engine is non VVT but good performer, good milage, space and comfort wise better than dezire. Comparable (alomst) to manza. Engine is best in its class. Engine wise dzire and manza are almost same (petrol). Etios is much better. Other all areas toyoto has saved each penny except stunning paint job.

8 months waiting will surely kill excitemnt you will have to own a new car. IMO

Edited by kshah
  • Like 1

This discussion brings to one's mind what Henry ford said a century ago "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black." (well he was actually cutting costs by using a type of quick drying paint that was then only available in black :P)

Whatever black is cool :Chulo:

Kalpak ji good review ...

I had booked eitos in Dec and i m confused to get delivery now or sell it for a premium....

plastic qulaity used in interior is too inferior as compared to its class & toyota brand name.

what do u think should i take deliver or sell it ??

One of my friend bught etios on 4th feb. Its good value for money car after Tata Manza. Though interior of etios is not comparable with manza.

Vento is I think much more than etios. And waiting iin ahmedabad is 12 months.

Etios engine is non VVT but good performer, good milage, space and comfort wise better than dezire. Comparable (alomst) to manza. Engine is best in its class. Engine wise dzire and manza are almost same (petrol). Etios is much better. Other all areas toyoto has saved each penny except stunning paint job.

8 months waiting will surely kill excitemnt you will have to own a new car. IMO

True Kalpak ji..but considering the Toyota Badge..I can wait fr 8 months (also since 8 months waiting means I can make so much to put from my pocket..so loan amount can reduce) :Riendo:

I have drove this vehicle for 250 kms so can review. True toyoto has save penny every where. If I am buyer, I would prefer manza for sure as it give better value and comfort. Its rich and pleasent interior scores over Etios. Etios petrol engine seems to be better than fiat engine used in manza.

I can not sugget any thing as choice of etios is based on toyto brand.

Kalpak ji good review ...

I had booked eitos in Dec and i m confused to get delivery now or sell it for a premium....

plastic qulaity used in interior is too inferior as compared to its class & toyota brand name.

what do u think should i take deliver or sell it ??

Though I am late, and going to go off-topic, I dont care.. ;)

Wanted to know how would the LIVA fare (its based on the Etios platform, I guess)??

We are planning to buy a small car (hatchback??) in the coming months, because our santro is now become a senior citizen (thanks to pranab dada to reduce the age limit of senior citizins for humans in India)... :)

@Greatest: I was rooting for Liva for long, but after seeing Etios, I don't have high hopes. Sure space is aplenty, but the interior visual quality is a letdown. Everything you see and touch, be it door handles, seats, even dashboard, screams cost cutting. If you see the tire insulation, it is almost non existing. I have not yet completely ruled out Liva, but surely have lost a lot of interest in it.

Other cars to look out for are:

1. Honda Brio, Honda's Eco car is expected to launch in March and to be available in Aug - Sep. This will be a 1.2 liters, priced from 5L onwards.

2. Mahindra mini Xylo. This is the one I am looking forward to. A xylo that is same in dimensions as the present one, except the last row is removed and replaced by two jump seats. Engine is expected to be 1.5L Diesel, either a detuned from xylo one, or straight from Logan. So far it looks exciting. Launch expected in Mid this year.

What is tire insulation??

1.5L,engine for xylo would be too low IMO unless they have sacrificed fuel efficiency to increase power. Waise mahindra attune its vehicles better.

Tire insulation means the coating for blocking the road noise. Many reviewers have complained that road noise is too much, and it is quite visible too from the outside. Just bend and see the behind wall of the tyres.

No yaar..they are delaying it.

Now I am planning to go for Volkswagon Vento.

Also For SUV i have an idea of Safari...but still in confused state :NOTriste:

For SUV scorpio mhawk scores over safari. But the safari looks better though the scorpio has better road presence.

My first tappa post so excuse the terseness.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G.

Now that Liva launch is around the corner - on 27th June - any reviews of Etios by users here? harismahesh?

Vento, Best choice indeed!

Now that Liva launch is around the corner - on 27th June - any reviews of Etios by users here? harismahesh?

Haribhai bought Hyundai Verna in last week of May.. Link to Haribhai's Car Photo's...

Edited by amit.shah
  • Like 1

Thanks amitbhai...I have taken Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX Options Petrol..since for me there is not much running. The vehicle is stunning and the features included is marvellous... Its my own opinion..sorry if any German lovers or American lovers..There is no car to matcg with the features of Verna with this cost. I came to this conclusion after a deep market research.

For those who planning to buy Etios - Its good in class. But the quality of plastics used is not upto Toyota Mark. But for 6 class its the best in option till now !!!! Why I dropped the idea of Etios was - The promised delivery month was September and after Japan Tragedy, they cut down production to 30%. So it become more than an year.

More photos I will send soon !!!