Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
prasanna.Kesti

How to restore the handset original MEID?

How to get back the handset original MEID of the programmed HTC EVO.

I am using my handset which is cloned/programmed to use with Reliance.

Now my handset is registered with reliance.

I want my number to be activated on my registered MEID evo.

How to get back my handset original MEID.

Congratulations to you for registering your handset.this is off topic- did you register MEID through saddik and hetal bhai if yes can you tell me how to check if your MEID is registered or not.

Thanx

GETSTAT space yourMEID sms it to 53733 with any of the reliance cdma handset.

Example:Type SMS as below

GETSTAT A1000.......1 send to 53733.

After few minutes you will get a reply from the same number.

If it says Will work with a postpaid GSK,Prepaid GSK and a HCC,then it is registered.

If you get the reply as Failure Requesting RSN not found ,then it is not registered.

Congratulations to you for registering your handset.this is off topic- did you register MEID through saddik and hetal bhai if yes can you tell me how to check if your MEID is registered or not.

Thanx

Our process - once u send ur MEID for registration u can check if its done by sending SMS "GETSTAT A1000000123456" to 53738 u will get sms reply if its says this RSN can be used with postpaid GSk prepaid GSK and HCC means registration is done. if its not yet done u will get reply Failure! requested RSN not found.

This from first post of Sadikk bhai's thread. The MEID given here is dummy, you need to give your phone's MEID.

Rewrite the Original ESN to the phone, and factory reset from the clockwork mod recovery screen. :) it recreates the actual MEID. Since its bordering on the lines of legit processes - you can get more details over PM but i'd refrain a discussion on an open forum.

cheers

karki

you need assistance, though if you know the settings, just dial ##786#, press menu, press reset and confirm by entering the MSL code (000000), phone will be in factory condition and will need to be re-programmed!

Let me know if you dont find help from net!

Sumit bhai a small typo there it is ##778#

you need assistance, though if you know the settings, just dial ##786#, press menu, press reset and confirm by entering the MSL code (000000), phone will be in factory condition and will need to be re-programmed!

Its not typo

it is ##786#

PS: just saw you are on incredible, for incre, it is "##778 call" and there is no such reset option. The only way is to factory reset the phone to get back to original MEID!

Edited by SumitVerma

way to go prasana at last we are trying to get our meid on our phone through the help of rim gurus and the members out here cool.....Please help out fellow rimwebians

thanks everyone.. but how to do it on palm ?

resetting will work or we have to change the e$n back to original?

:previous:

In Palm also if you reset the phone , the original MEID will come back but not the ESN ... and then ESN and MEID will get mismatched and phone will go in offline mode .

So, it's better you change the ESN to pESN first and the reset ...

• Like 1

Thank you Sumit bhai for en-lighting me! BTW getting back to the GETSTAT A1000.......1 send to 53733 for me it gives me a message that this RSN Will not work with a postpaid GSK,Prepaid GSK and a HCC. Now I was informed my a guru here that it will show this message as you are currently using the RSN or the phone. So basically how can one check it whether it is registered with reliance if a seller just programs the phone. BTW in my case i am 100% sure it is registered as I myself did an HCC to transfer the number. But for better understanding can some one explain how it works. :confuse:

If it is the original meid, and you are using it on some number already, it automatically means its registered.

:previous:

In Palm also if you reset the phone , the original MEID will come back but not the ESN ... and then ESN and MEID will get mismatched and phone will go in offline mode .

So, it's better you change the ESN to pESN first and the reset ...

In my case also my EVO is programmed with ESN based RUIM,if I reset it only orignal MEID will come back,but ESN will remain the same as per one of the RIMWEB gurus.

How shud I go now,what next.How to change ESN to pESN,i already have pESN with me.