Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
harismahesh

Which Postpaid service is better in Chennai?

I am planning to buy one postpaid CDMA connection in chennai. Please suggest which one to go for ? I am planning either RELIANCE or MTS...which is better ? Please give ur suggestions...

Regards,

Hari

Generic pros and cons of RCDMA postpaid.

Pros good voice quality, cheap calls with pps pack, cheap SMS with pack

Cons expensive data

Not aware of circle specific benefits and drawbacks others can help. If you have specific requirements then do list them so that other members can help more e.g. your call usage local/STD/onnet/offnet, data usage volume etc.

Hari Bhai, I think Kumaar Bhai could give the best suggestion for best postpaid service in Chennai.

:previous:

:signthankspin: Kamalbhai for the referral.

@harismahesh,

I have been a RCOM admirer right from the beginning, but the events in the last one and half month have made join the RCOM-Haters & Bashers-club now. In normal times, I would have vouched 100% for RCOM in Chennai.

Right now, I am having numerous problems with RCOM for not having migrated my RCDMA number to RGSM since the last 40 days. MNP and INP - I will advise people not to go in for this with RCOM as they are in a total mess and nobody knows what is happening where, when and why. They are not at all ready for INP leave alone MNP. I am trying to force all my friends, relatives who want to do INP to not go in for INP and instead take MNP to other operator. I am that sick with RCOM's INP process.

Otherwise for a new connection, RCOM is the best in Chennai - even RGSM service and network is very stable all over Chennai. Tariffs are more or less the same for RCDMA or RGSM. Data on RCDMA is terribly expensive and I do not see it coming down very soon. GPRS and EDGE is good in Chennai - tariffs are the same universal for all operators. If your usage is only local - you can go in for STV 35 (not too sure if this is available for postpaid also - earlier they had LP75 for postpaids) which will give you all local calls at 30ps per mt for 30 days. Sadly for STD, they do not have a similar offer. You can take PPS199 plan and activate LP 75 (or whatever it is now). Roaming will be at the new default Re.1 and Rs.1.50 per mt.

As for MTS, I am not too happy with their voice clarity. My experience is based only on incoming calls. I do not have any MTS voice connections - I have only 2 data cards. Someone else who has a Chennai MTS voice connection may advise you better. No idea about their tariff plans and whether they are economical.

You may also please call up the respective CCs and find out - alternately you can post here your usage requirements so that someone can respond appropriately. Finally, why postpaid and not prepaid?

Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Edited by KumaarShah
  • Like 1

@Kamalji - thanks for the suggestion.

@Kumaarji - I didnt know you are in chennai, where are you in chennai ??? I am at Perungudi, sorry for the offtopic.

I am having a kerala CDMA connection which iam using as roaming. I dont want to change the number, since the number was there with me for past 8 years. So now iam having plan like anywhere in india 50ps per minute and roaming incoming 50ps per minute.

Mostly I will be getting calls from kerala also my monhly bill is Rs.2000 per month. So thought to take a local connection. In that phone also I am planning to enable EVDO.

So i think like in postpaid, i have to pay only monthly than paying weekly as recharge.

So I need a connection with less STD rate and also charge for EVDO as less. please suggest which in RCDM is the best.

:previous:

I am at Alwarpet, some 10kms Max away from Perungudi AFAIK.

Reg. yr other doubts, I will try to help you by posting here as and when I get the info.

Dear All,

after 4 yrs in Singapore i am back to chennai.I am planning to take postpaid connection for my personal use.

Before 4 yrs i used reliance cdma which was pioneer that time. I insist to take same cdma postpaid in reliance. However when i go thru the topics here, reliance network has gone down in last few yrs. Pl suggest me so that i can take a decision quickly.

Regards,

Har

Go for RCDMA if you dont have much travel to do ...

Hari if you are keen on Rcdma my suggestion go for prepaid check network voice clarity and coverage then buy postpaid I hardly get one or two bars inside my house while it goes full on the outside.Intermittent voice drop also is a feature now so check and take a jump would be my suggestion to you

Prepaid is better for rcdma

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Hari ji, it's gone bad.. every where, thinking to port out. :/

Sent from Tapatalk Pro!