Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gyanesh

How Aircel is Performing in Delhi/NCR?

Dear all,

I have a post-pay voda connection and want to switch to Airce. Will it be wise to switch to ? Aircel users in Delhi/NCR pls share your views how Aircel is performing here. Is their nenwork comparable to voda's network esp.in malls,basements and metro. Also i freuqently roam in UP West, any idea how is their service there. I want to switch only due to cheaper tariff.

I am using aircel for last two year.If you will compare it with vodafone in network segment it is not at the par. but in tariff segment it is better than vodafone.

In mall ,basement it has network .

Network is improving day by day but it is weak in comparison to vodafone.

In UP west it has good network. I had roamed on it to UP East, it has ok network.Call rates are fantastic , great postpaid tariff.

if you can compromise a little bit on network ...go for Aircel.

I too want to switch to either voda or aircel, and in same dilemma.

aircel definitely has better tariff than voda, may if you are old customer, you should try retention plan by justy threatening them of mnp. as of now voda is most attentive in retaining customer.

I feel voda has good coverage but don't know weather aircel can match that or not.

Vodafone is not doing anything if you are port out as the other are doing. They will definitely call you just to ask why you are leaving? and in the offer they are giving 100 min talktime for one month.

After that same old tariff.

Network coverage of aircel is better than vodafone in delhi metro, today vodafone deduct 150 rupees from my account as i was using 3g as they had mentioned free trail offer.

What the heck???

I have decided to switch to aircel with my 5 years old vodafone, as i am observing the improvement in network of aircel in delhi.

One way to compare networks and operators in a particular circle is the VLR ratio. This is the proportion of active users to total IMSIs issued by the operator. Although not exact, this ratio can give an indication of people who have taken a connection but are not using it for various reasons, including not getting network coverage or tariff plan not being competitive.

For Delhi, the TRAI figures show Peak VLR Ratio for Vodafone as 94.43% and for Aircel as 53.63%. Thus higher proportion of Vodafone SIMs are actually on the network as compared to Aircel.

guys now i m on aircel..

on simple 499 plan

i feel network has some issues in roaming. when i move in roaming it sometimes need manual registration (and if u didnt check for signal after entering roaming area, your phone will be signal less untill you do it manually). but the other problem is that some times automatically got registered on idea in roaming, even if aircel is present (what the hell ?)... (in my plan i got free usage only on aircel network)

and even worse at some specific place (in greater noida), u wont be getting any signal, on manual searching it will show aircel but refuse to registered, after sometime signals automatically comes but of roaming area (may be that part of G noida is on border of UP west and delhi but still it shouldnt behave like that ?)

voice clarity is good, EDGE speed is good, coverage in delhi metro is also good (no signal loss).

I have 2 GB free data in my plan but not in roaming, this is really sad.. for an android user...

now u tell me whether you face these issue in vodafone ? or any other issue than tariff

Aircel Blackberry Services is also very poor as compared to Vodafone, Its BB Services got disconnected every evening.....

Vodafone network is excellent.

How is aircel performing now a days in delhi...

I am impressed by this plan, but dont know whether to go for it..

Hows the connectivity ?

aircel.jpg

I suggest go for new 149 MNP plan of Vodafone

600 mins local/std free

400 sms local/national

0.30 p local

0.50 p STD

I suggest go for new 149 MNP plan of Vodafone

600 mins local/std free

400 sms local/national

0.30 p local

0.50 p STD

wow..

Nice plan..

Using Aircel in Delhi/NCR as secondary number for 10 months. Here are my observation:

Pros:

- Nice tarrif plans

Neutral:

- Voice quality - Average

- Coverage - Descent most of the times

Cons:

- As @AmitnSonu mentioned it has a big time issue of network registration especially while roaming. Have to do it manually many times and even fails to get registered to Aircel manually sometimes. Get hooked to Idea with roaming tarrifs even when Aircel is available. Was charged for Data roaming on idea heavily once due to this.

- Edge speeds are pathetic in whole of Delhi/NCR and West UP. Speed varies largely in Delhi/NCR between 2-10 KBps, average is 5-7 KBps. Unusuable.

- Have roamed to UP West. Coverage is bad. No signals inside house all time.

- Have roamed to Uttarakhand. No coverage, but get hooked to Idea/Vodaphone most of times. Difficult to get recharged since new connecitons are not sold.

It may be due to this reason only that free Aircel are being thrown by most shopkeepers in Delhi/NCR just to increase subscribers.

Edited by mcwintek
  • Like 1

Aircel scaling back (shutting??) in several circles like UP (West), Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Haryana, Rajasthan and Punjab.

Can confirm UP (West) shut down. No new connections, no shops recharging, towers closed etc. Roamed in west UP few days back. Places where there used to Aircel network is now getting into roaming with IDEA or Voda.

Think before moving to Aircel if you roam to these circles.

Edited by mcwintek