Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
cooldude9848

Updated Palm Pre Plus To 2.1.0

Hi,

I just updated my palm pre plus to 2.1.0 :Sorprendido: and its awsome.(ofcourse i might be judging it too quickly,but its 12 hrs since i've playing with it).

Follow the tutorial mentioned in post #10 in this topic.

Changes i noticed:

1)the phone is faster.

2)the battery drain is less than when i was on 1.4.5.(This is what i was expecting).

3)slight changes in the app launcher and card view.

4)The best of all..GPS WORKS perfectly.(with out any patch)

5)Added VPN feature.

Still have to find out if there are any errors.

At first,i landed in the popular error.." Dr.skipped first use".So,I'd to revert to 1.4.5 and activate the phone and then meta doctor it again to 2.1.0.

And finally i've 2.1.0.

Edited by cooldude9848
  • Like 4

Real nice info

+1 for this try

Great. I was wondering who would be the first brave guy to try it out on rimweb !

Hi,

I just updated my palm pre plus to 2.1.0 :Sorprendido: and its awsome.(ofcourse i might be judging it too quickly,but its 12 hrs since i've playing with it).

You can follow the tutorial posted here.

Follow the exact instructions..and its really simple.

Hi cooldude,

Would this work for Pixi Plus as well. If not, is there another tutorial available to upgrade Pixi Plus?

Sorry Dear But this can not be applied to Pixi / Pixi + nor is it possible to get web os 2 on pixi / pixi plus

some h/w issues

Hi cooldude,

Would this work for Pixi Plus as well. If not, is there another tutorial available to upgrade Pixi Plus?

Congrats Mahesh

Edited by neerajayshree

Hi,

You can follow the tutorial posted here.

Follow the exact instructions..and its really simple.

Hi cooldude,

Hi,

Currently webos 2.1.0 meta-doctor is only for pre- and pre+...

pixi plus is not upgradable to 2.1.0 currently..

Sorry Dear But this can not be applied to Pixi / Pixi + nor is it possible to get web os 2 on pixi / pixi plus

some h/w issues

Hi cooldude,

Congrats Mahesh

@Neeraj:Thank you!

wat about sprint pre- people??? and if meta doctored to webos 2.1 then wat about reliance settings?

Hi!

Here are the simplified steps to install webos 2.1.0 on your pre.

Note: The techniques mentioned here were developed by WebOS Internals, and the scripts are an additional level of automation upon an already significantly automated procedure developed by WebOS Internals.

Courtesy of ASASEABAN .

Before you start this process,Please do read the tutorial on webosinternals about upgrading to 2.1.0.Its better if you know what you are doing exactly.

PREREQUISITES:

1)You must have backed up your device completely.

2)You must have Palm SDK Installed on your PC.(Just for the NOVACOM).If you don't have it,just follow the instructions over here..Its simple,but it takes some time to download.

3)DO NOT connect your phone to your PC, until the webos doctor asks to do so.

STEPS:

Step 0 : Open the Backup app in pre,Turn 'off' Back up in your palm pre and erase the back up.Also,make sure that you have the Developer mode ENABLED.(on your phone keyboard,type webos20090606 => Developer Mode Enabler => ON)

Step 1: Install Cygwin.(Step by Step Instructions with screenshots to install cygwin are provided in the pdf file attached)

Step 2: Download your carrier specific zip file (attached to this post). For example, If you are using a Sprint Pre, download semi-auto-sprint-2.1.0.zip

Step 3: Unzip the attachment.You will get 2 files in the extracted folder.copy the contents (those 2 files) to c:\cygwin folder.

Step 4: Browse to C:\Cygwin folder and run/open the cmd file. For example, Sprint Pre users will run semi-auto-sprint-2.1.0.cmd

Step 5: Now,it automatically downloads almost 450 Mb of data.So,have patience and wait till it completes.Once the webOS 2.1.0 JAR build is complete, it'll pop-up and initiate the doctoring/upgrade process.

Follow the onscreen instructions.From here on,its just like normal doctoring.

Thats it.

If you get an Activation error after the phone starts, use the PALM BYPASS TOOL.Your phone will be activated.

Note: If you get any errors unzipping the attached files,use 7zip.

Install_CYGWIN_v1.2.pdf

Semi-auto-Att-2.1.0.zip

Semi-auto-Sprint-2.1.0.zip

Semi-auto-Verizon-2.1.0.zip

wat about sprint pre- people??? and if meta doctored to webos 2.1 then wat about reliance settings?

both GSM and CDMA pre's can be updated to 2.1.0.

Also 1x is working on 2.1.0 with the same settings.Nothing to modify!

So it means that I can very well use my pre on reliance even after updating to 2.1 without any more programing...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

So it means that I can very well use my pre on reliance even after updating to 2.1 without any more programing...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Yes..most probably you won't need any programming...

PREREQUISITES:

What backup app are you using?

PREREQUISITES:

What backup app are you using?

I use Save/restore app which is available in preware

Step 5: Now,it automatically downloads almost 450 Mb of data.So,have patience and wait till it completes.Once the webOS 2.1.0 JAR build is complete, it'll pop-up and initiate the doctoring/upgrade process.

For some reason the file that got downloaded was "webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5"

The file name does not suggest that is webos2.1..

Or is it supposed to be that way only?

and.. with respect to loading the rom

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/26928-palm-pre-simple-meta-doctoring-on-windows/

is that a good guide to follow?

For some reason the file that got downloaded was "webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5"

The file name does not suggest that is webos2.1..

Or is it supposed to be that way only?

and.. with respect to loading the rom

http://www.rimweb.in...ing-on-windows/

is that a good guide to follow?

Have you erased your backup and turned off your palm profile before starting this process?

About the method,its almost the same method of meta-doctoring,but with automated steps.It worked for me an many others.

The final custom rom will be like 'webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0'.

It will be in the directory Local Disk C<cygwin<home<user(ur pc name)<meta-doctor/build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar

It actually downloads 2.1.0 official pre2 rom and 1.4.5 official rom and merges them to a custom rom with activation bypassed.So if you saw 1.4.5 in cygwin ignore that and continue.

But if the final output in the above mentioned directory i 1.4.5,better restart the process by going to official webos internals page.

A NOTE ON "RE-DOCTORING": If this is not your first time through this process, you should do a "git pull" and a "make clobber" to ensure you have the latest scripts and a pristine build folder. From the command line (In Cygwin), type "cd meta-doctor" without the quotes and press enter. Then type "git pull" without the quotes and press enter. Then type "make clobber" without the quotes and press enter. Voila! You now have the latest scripts and a clean folder to build your doctor in.

Backup turned off and erased..

But how does that matter..

I am still at the steps of Cygwin downloading rom..

Its at this stage that the rom that gets downloaded says 1.4... so..

I shall try ur tips of re-doctoring

No difference..

Just to clarify my question

when I run Semi-auto-Sprint-2.1.0 file..

The rom that is getting downloaded is called "webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5"

is that okay?

or do I expect a file with sufix of 2.1?

post-1380-0-21049800-1299942949_thumb.jp

Edited by Bablus

No difference..

Just to clarify my question

when I run Semi-auto-Sprint-2.1.0 file..

The rom that is getting downloaded is called "webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5"

is that okay?

or do I expect a file with sufix of 2.1?

Its just going through the normal process..let it finish..wait till then.

Recently updated to WebOS 2.1. its really cool!!!

BUT, There's a bit of glitch with the contacts, I've noticed. First of all, the scrolling is not that smooth(which isn't much of a problem)

But, the major problem is with setting up the contact photos. Whenever I try to set up an image for any contact, its blurred n low-res. confused.gif I didn't had this problem with WebOS 1.4.5, the contact photos used to appear perfectly clear n high res.

I am having this problem only with the manually set up photos, and not with my contacts synced up with Facebook or Google.

Is anybody seems notice this same issue...Any solutions???

I have Palm Pre Plus ready for reliance which I purchased through this forum which is currently on 1.3. I have following queries as I do not want to mess up with phone.

1. Can I update it to 2.0 or later without effecting setting done to make it work on reliance CDMA.

2. If yes how can I do that.

Refer above thread..

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2