Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sunny1

6126 kbps on my BlackBerry 8830!

Hi ....Guys..

Recently I bought bb8830 from ebay global easy buy for 2431 rupees only...(beleive it is like brand new peice)

I knew my ruim card wud work in it...and it worked..

even before i got my bb I downloaded all tools for gps , programing and all....

I programmed my number myself into the phone ...but cud not configure data and evdo ( thought i dont have evdo subscription)

phone worked perfectly with or without ruim except data...but data also worked for secs..my bb downloaded maps of 147 kb..

strangely today my bb8830 stopped working ...cud not make or recieve call...I wud get call lost..( by the I did followed some instruction from our Mufaddal yesterday but cud not make it work)

I inserted ruim card again ...and it started working... cud not find where the problem is ..so I left it with ruim card..

surprisingly data started working today in the evening m using opera mini...

with excitement first thing I did is to open mobile speed test website...it gave whopping 1700+ kbps

then retest with 500kb download ...the jump to 4000+ kbps

wow first didn't got anything and now...its nothing like anything

then tested with 7mb download file..and speed settled at 6127 kbps...

Anyone getting better speed than me on 8830?

Seems like a shocker ! Ohhhh.gif

Need to see this phone myself, which part of Bangalore ? grin.gif

Hi ....Guys..

Recently I bought bb8830 from ebay global easy buy for 2431 rupees only...(beleive it is like brand new peice)

I knew my ruim card wud work in it...and it worked..

even before i got my bb I downloaded all tools for gps , programing and all....

I programmed my number myself into the phone ...but cud not configure data and evdo ( thought i dont have evdo subscription)

phone worked perfectly with or without ruim except data...but data also worked for secs..my bb downloaded maps of 147 kb..

strangely today my bb8830 stopped working ...cud not make or recieve call...I wud get call lost..( by the I did followed some instruction from our Mufaddal yesterday but cud not make it work)

I inserted ruim card again ...and it started working... cud not find where the problem is ..so I left it with ruim card..

surprisingly data started working today in the evening m using opera mini...

with excitement first thing I did is to open mobile speed test website...it gave whopping 1700+ kbps

then retest with 500kb download ...the jump to 4000+ kbps

wow first didn't got anything and now...its nothing like anything

then tested with 7mb download file..and speed settled at 6127 kbps...

Anyone getting better speed than me on 8830?

Opera Mini redirects ur request from Opera server, which comperesses the files..

even I have got the same results on Opera mini...

try with default browser, or with opera mobile(with Turbo mode off) to get the actual speed

^ Correct. The speed reported is actually between Opera's Servers and the speed test site. Not between the phone and the test site. Since opera servers would obviously have huge bandwidth the speeds reported will be high.

The online speed test results are not accurate. Check out what they pronounced about my EDGE speed

1121083390.jpg

^ Theoretically and practically not possible right ^ :)

It is just a matter of downloading a test data file, timing it and calculate the resulting bandwidth.

Yes...I read on net about opera...

so it means that file is not at all downloaded to our mobile but on opera server only

my defualt bb browser is now working but opera is working strange...

do you guys have any other option to test net speed on mobile..

opera mobile not available for 8830

I have seen it happen on the default BlackBerry browser as well. BlackBerry does compression and data filtering through their BIS/BES servers which is like a proxy. So the test result might be showing the speed between the testing server and the BIS/BES server.

dslreports.com mobile speed test shows the following reason for incompatibility with BlackBerry:

the blackberry network diverts all web traffic via proxy servers, which strip pages of 'un-necessary' data before sending them to your device! This speed test relies on 'un-necessary' data to calculate download speed.