Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
cooldude9848

Complete Tutorial: Webos 2.1.0 Bypass Rom And Adobe Flash On Palm Pre! *simplified*

Hi guys!

Here is the complete tutorial about upgrading to 2.1.0 with flash enabled.(only for palm pre- and pre+).Sorry pixies!

WEBOS 2.1.0 :

There are three methods to install webos 2.1.0.The harder way and the easier way.

1.The harder way:

Using cygwin and metadoctoring.Follow these steps.

2.The hard way:

Using the simplified tutorial i posted here.

3.The easier way:

USING A BYPASS ROM !

I believe this is the first 2.1.0 rom on internet!(If not,please correct me).Ofcourse many have updated to 2.1.0,but i dont know why none have made it to the w w w

I made a Webos 2.1.0 bypass rom (i made it for my verizon pre+).

Its working perfectly for verizon palm pres! (I request users to try it on sprint or AT&T devices and give feedback about it.I believe this would work on all devices)

****downoad it here!

NOTE: Before you start to doctor, Dont forget to TURN OFF BACK UP and erase the backup in the backup app of palm pre.***ITS A MUST before you proceed to use this rom****

If this rom doesn't work for you,dont worry,its easy to create your own rom for your device using the first two methods.

Enabling FLASH:

After you are done upgrading to 2.1.0,its time to get flash.

Here is the original tutorial. click here and scroll down to the flash tutorial part.

And here is my simplified tutorial:

THIS WORKS WITH ALL PREs IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR CARRIER.

Prerequisites:

You must have updated your pre to webos 2.1.0.

STEPS:

1)Download both the Flash IPK file and patch file from here.

2)Extract both the files.

3)Copy the Flash IPK folder to your palm pre.(Copy to anywhere you remember)

4)Open Preware and go to INSTALL PACKAGE and browse to that Flash IPK File you copied earlier to your phone and install it.After it installs,do a LUNA RESTART.(Dont use quick install,its giving errors)

5)Then again in preware,install the PATCH file.Then Luna restart.

7)Now,test it.Open the browser on the pre and try going to palm.com which is listed in the bookmarks.You'll see the flash video about pre3,veer.Click on it and i will start streaming the video.

Thats all folks!

Flash Troubleshooting

After adding Flash support, you may find that visiting any page with the browser will never completely load, and then automatically refresh in a loop.

Solutions:

1)Disabling and the enabling Flash content in the browser preferences will fix this issue.

2)or Just uninstall the IPK file via preware.do a luna restart and reinstall it and do a luna restart again.This will mostly fix the reload issue.

And WELCOME TO 2.1.0!

Here are some screenshots of 2.1.0.

post-27273-0-89557800-1300023926_thumb.p

post-27273-0-79371900-1300024016_thumb.p

post-27273-0-41421300-1300024034_thumb.p post-27273-0-15433400-1300024039_thumb.p post-27273-0-55329100-1300024041_thumb.p post-27273-0-37640800-1300024043_thumb.p

Edited by cooldude9848
  • Like 6

Thanks Cooldude for the guide and support for getting me to 2.1 with flash content..

Omnipresent Thanks to Hetal for EVDO...

Now live TV on the move :)

Thanks Cooldude for the guide and support for getting me to 2.1 with flash content..

Omnipresent Thanks to Hetal for EVDO...

Now live TV on the move :)

@ Congrats! and welcome to 2.1.0 !

and about watching cricket live...

You can watch it on www.crictime.com or www.cricvid.com.

bith of them got multiple servers...

Been only a few hours and the experience has been rocking..

The key strength of Webos compared to Android was it seemed extra light and fast... but all the super detail customisation option had to be sacrificed..

With Webos 2.1, thats no more the case..

Its super light.... super customisable.. features..

Like HP says.. Just Type.. its as easy as that... no need to use any launcher/apps button for anything.. Do everything from your home screen..

Shall update with more...

Great Effort Cooldude !

my palm pre show offline , can it solve with this rom ??

It may work..but not sure..give it a try...it won't take more than 20 min..

Dont forget to update us about ur phone's status..

@cooldude:

Am going to upgrade my Pre to your 2.1 bypass ROM tomorrow (once i get new battery ; current ones dead - doesn't even work with charger connected!)

I want to know if all the games & apps etc will work on the new OS version or do we have to download them again ? If we need to download again, are all/most of them available or do we have to wait for developers to upgrade the apps/games ?

All apps and games work perfectly fine.

Too good mahesh keep it up the good work

I am getting the error message that my hardware/phone does not support webos 2.1. I have a sprint PRE (not pre plus).

Should i follow the other tutorial to install it on my PRE ( i am assuming since u made it for verizon pre+ so the script for sprint pre wouldn't have run) ?

Another unrelated problem: when i put pre in diag mode with mpt d userial qxdm/cdma wksp/qpst etc say that phone is in download mode so they can't connect. What is this download mode and how do i get out of it ?

Pls, im new to palm pre device, from your statement-Open Preware and go to INSTALL PACKAGE and browse to that Flash IPK File you copied earlier to your phone and install it, how to i browse to this files. Thanks

I am getting the error message that my hardware/phone does not support webos 2.1. I have a sprint PRE (not pre plus).

getting the same error.... and i have a sprint pre too.. can anyone please upload a webos doctor file made for sprint PRE.. it would really help...

Thanks in advance

has anyone installed the webos 2.1 on sprint pre- Plz provide with some guidance or plz provide with a guide like the one above,,, it would be really helpful for noobs like me as we are not that much into programming etc...

I think there are very less no of Sprint pre user to help u out

Edited by parin

I used the rom to upgrade my preplus to 2.1.. How do i sign in to my palm profile? Wifi is not available.. If i use bypass tool it wont allow me to signin and i will need firstuse.. And there is no first use patch for 2.1.. Please clarify if i am missing any step

Edited by arjags

Recently updated to WebOS 2.1. its really cool!!!

BUT, There's a bit of glitch with the contacts, I've noticed. First of all, the scrolling is not that smooth(which isn't much of a problem)

But, the major problem is with setting up the contact photos. Whenever I try to set up an image for any contact, its blurred n low-res. confused.gif I didn't had this problem with WebOS 1.4.5, the contact photos used to appear perfectly clear n high res.

I am having this problem only with the manually set up photos, and not with my contacts synced up with Facebook or Google.

Is anybody seems notice this same issue...Any solutions???

I used the rom to upgrade my preplus to 2.1.. How do i sign in to my palm profile? Wifi is not available.. If i use bypass tool it wont allow me to signin and i will need firstuse.. And there is no first use patch for 2.1.. Please clarify if i am missing any step

I faced the same problem, and I ended up setting a new palm profile. After all my data was lost, but was not an issue... I synced up my contacts from Google and FB.

I downloaded the file and did Doctor with it but somehow i was stuck in Activation Screen then i worked around this way:

i emergency screen dial ##DEVMODE#

turn it on and it will ask for reboot

do ti and it will go in without activation to main screen

Wanted to ask why did i landed up in activation- did any one else had this problem

draft_lens19011659module155994597photo_1324853379Cute-Sexy_Tattoo.jpg

Thanks for rom though

Hi Ia'm new to this forum and also new to Palm Pre Plus.

Any inputs on how to go about upgrading my device from 1.4.5 to 2.1 in Tata Indicom (post paid) ?

Thanks in advance.