Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
FEVIN-RAJ

Tsunami Hit Japan!

TSunami in Japan

A massive 8.9 magnitude quake hit northeast Japan Friday, causing many injuries, fires and a four-meter (13-ft) tsunami along parts of the country's coastline, NHK television and witnesses reported.

There were several strong aftershocks and a warning of a 10-meter tsunami following the quake, which also caused buildings to shake violently in the capital Tokyo.

TV pictures showed a vast wall of water carrying buildings and debris across a large swathe of coastal farmland.

Public broadcaster NHK showed flames and black smoke billowing from a building in Odaiba, a Tokyo suburb, and bullet trains to the north of the country were halted.

Black smoke was also pouring out of an industrial area in Yokohama's Isogo area. TV footage showed boats, cars and trucks floating in water after a small tsunami hit the town of Kamaichi in northern Japan. An overpass, location unknown, appeared to have collapsed into the water.

Kyodo news agency said there were reports of fires in the city of Sendai in the northeast.

"The building shook for what seemed a long time and many people in the newsroom grabbed their helmets and some got under

their desks," Reuters correspondent Linda Sieg said in Tokyo.

"It was probably the worst I have felt since I came to Japan more than 20 years ago."

Passengers on a subway line in Tokyo screamed and grabbed other passengers' hands. The shaking was so bad it was hard to stand, said Reuters reporter Mariko Katsumura.

Hundreds of office workers and shoppers spilled into Hitotsugi street, a shopping street in Akasaka in downtown Tokyo.

Household goods ranging from toilet paper to clingfilm were flung into the street from outdoor shelves in front of a drugstore.

Crowds gathered in front of televisions in a shop next to the drugstore for details. After the shaking from the first quake subsided, crowds were watching and pointing to construction cranes on an office building up the street with voices saying, "They're still shaking!," "Are they going to fall?"

Asagi Machida, 27, a web designer in Tokyo, sprinted from a coffee shop when the quake hit.

"The images from the New Zealand earthquake are still fresh in my mind so I was really scared. I couldn't believe such a big earthquake was happening in Tokyo."

Edited by FEVIN-RAJ

casualties could be more than 1 lac seeing the devastation on tv...

My head office building fully destroyed there in tokyo.... Just 5 days before I was there....

Massive Destruction... Loss of Life and Everything Around...Nature's fury... Sad...

Watching it LIVE gives a shiver in the spine... and a pygmie kinda feeling for All Powerful Mankind against Nature...

sometimes mother nature become too harsh..... :(

its really bad.. casualties due to tsunami is much higher than the quake...

Watching bbc now, they are showing an aerial footage of an ominous 13-foot muddy wave washing across land along the northeastern coast.

casualties seem very low... this speaks volume for their disaster management systems in place...

BBC just showed a clip... Inside A Supermarket in Japan at the point of Impact.. Whole structure shaking... Items falling from the rakes...

First instinct of the Staff... They are trying to hold the rakes saving more items from falling... Continue doing so even after few seconds and realising it's a massive quake...

Not a Single Person tried to run outside...Unbelievable..

• Japan hit by vast 8.9 magnitude earthquake, 30ft tsunami

• At least 32 dead, 100 people in ship swept away by wave

• 'State of emergency' after nuclear plant's cooling system fails

• Tremor 8000 times more powerful than Christchurch quake

• Tsunami fears for entire Pacific, US west coast, Hawaii, Alaska

Live coverage http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8375373/Japan-earthquake-and-tsunami-live.html

Terribly sad.

I was watching the devastation on BBC. Highly shocking.

Hope that the casualty will not be high in view of the preparedness of the Japanese especially regarding earth quake and other natural disasters.

Japan is always prone to Earthquakes.....but this time it was of the magnitude 8.9 and 19 aftershocks at the magnitude of more then 6.0 ..... Really sad to see such a mast devastation by Tsunami tides. :(

Just saw that one train has disappeared in Miyagi area.

May God be with all those effected

anybody believes in the 2012 theory????the last year in mayan calender...............don know y i didnt believe in that after seeing the movie'2012' but now i m having sum 2nd thoughts...............

:previous: If you are referring to the End of the world then there is time for that.

May be hese are just the starting signs.

One of the firsts was the cloud of red dust in Austrailia. Which occured.

Then there is this drying up of the sea of Galilee. Experts have raised serious questions on its dissapearing shore lines.

Land slide in the east, which 'I think' is the one we might see after this natural disaster in Japan.

Then Landslide in the West.

Then Landslide in the Arabian Peninsula.

Then the appearance of Isa/Jesus (Peace be unto him)

Great fire in Yemen.

Appearance of Gog/Magog (Yajuj/Majuj)

Final rain. etc etc.

Whatever it is, but there are some calculations (religious) which point towards a massive natural disaster which threatens to wipe out a good amount of people and technology in 2012 and around. Something that might change the history & geography.

Some governments are preparing for the same (Just search for secret bunkers for 2012) and the general public has not been told about the possible threat as yet. Maybe after some they might.

May god bless us :)

Edited by FEVIN-RAJ

^^^ More than natural disaster, i fear the use of the N-Bomb by some 'Rogue states' like N Korea, Iran etc. & retaliatory strike by the Big Guns of the world..

So If we indeed see a WW3, there will be N-Bombs dropped & thats the end of us all !

Google is showing its humane face. It is not just a 'doodle' flashing website, commemorating important days/events only.

On its homepage, google has posted messages regarding tsunami and earthquake.

At the 'resources' link, google is providing the 'Crisis Response' a quintessential project which is immensely helpful. The page features: Alarm and warning, Disaster message boards, Transportation status (by trains and flights), Blackout information, latest news along with the all-powerful google map embedded in the page and also the newly launched 'Person Finder' service, which they provided during New Zealand disaster also.

^^^ Oh yes, if not war, a nuclear accident is enough to cause maximum damage..

Again, for the believers of the 2012 doomsday theory, looks like man-made disasters will overtake natural disasters like this one.

I am so saddened to learn that my initial toll figures of 1 lac may actually turn out to be horrifically true; 10000 alone are feared dead in Miyagi prefecture as per latest BBC flash...

Insurance companies are looking at billions in losses from the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, with one early estimate placing the figure as high as $35 billion.

:(