Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
deepakdhingra

BlackBerry 9650 BIS Issue

It is a Reliance ready phone. The original dealer has still not been able to solve the issue. I've given them till friday to sort it out.

Deepak

If it's a rel ready handset, then you should be able to use it on rcdma. The gsm is locked and that can be unlocked. Others can confirm unlocking part.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Ok---finally I've had to activate R CDMA on the BB 9650 and now BIS is working on it. Which means that Vodafone did not work on it. I liked the 9650 amongst all the blackberries and thus, didnt want to part with it for a GSM phone.

If anyone could show me a BB 9650 successfully working on Vodafone in Mumbai, I would be a very happy and hopeful person.

Till then, please consider this topics as closed. Thanks to everyone.

Deepak Dhingra

Deepak,

You have to get the rel bb9650 gsm part unlocked. Till then no other operator would work on gsm. I have sprint bb9650 and using it on voda bombay. If you search on net you'll get them. After unlock it would work. Sprint gives gsm unlocked since Aprul 1st, 2010.

Deepakbhai, mine is sprint and came unlocked. For reliance, search the net and get the unlock code.

Its Network issue & not handset's.

9650 is a new handset & for BIS to work, Operators must upload Handset profile onto their Servers. Networks in Delhi-NCR are most updated & all BB work there.

The same thing happened with me in MP with BB9530, it was not working in Jabalpur with AirTel while Working nice in Agra while roaming.

Vishal, I had gotten it unlocked. It still does not work on Vodafone.

Deepak

This is handset issue. Are you getting HRT-Host Routing Table?

1) Ask Voda to do a reset for BIS on your account.

2) Do a wipe. check if your getting HRT. If yes then things would go fine. Send the service book to your phone. If not then insert another BIS active sim in the phone and try to get the HRT. Once you get do a restart and confirm if it's still there. If fine then insert your sim, confirm HRT and send service book.

3) Do a wipe with BBSAK. Try and get the latest version. I think latest is 1.19.1 or something like that. Also confirm the procedure for the wipe from net. It's best to follow the procedure. Once done load the os through BBSAK. Try and load the latest. Make sure to delete vendor.xml file. At this stage if you have any other bb then check if it's working on other handset. I'm sure it would be working as BIS is active. Make sure the memory card is also clean as we don't wont any trouble because of it. Now insert your card in this phone. If not then insert a working BIS connection any service provider, best would be Vodafone. Definately not yours but some other one.

This is a troublesome process. I had the same issue with one of my phones. Now it's working fine.

Hope this helps you.

All the best.

@Deepak

Try BIS activated SIM from other Mumbai operators. It should work.

I know the problem coz I have experienced it.

Vishal and Kapil,

Thanks for your suggestions. But with the exception of BBSak (I dont know what that means) I have done everything else that you guys have suggested.

Now I have Reliance CDMA working good. What I am going to do is buy and Iphone (waiting for iphone 5) for my Vodaphone Sim card and I'll use that.

Let the BB9650 work with RCDMA. I have had so much of trouble for more than 2 months. I really cant go through all of that again.

Thanks for your help.

Deepak

I can understand. coz I had to opt Vodafone to use BB9530 in Jabalpur.

my wife had a vodafone locked BB and later she got it unlocked to run airtel on it. Only recently she got BIS activated and its running fine. the logo and all on the handset are still vodafone.

Vishal and Kapil,

Thanks for your suggestions. But with the exception of BBSak (I dont know what that means) I have done everything else that you guys have suggested.

Now I have Reliance CDMA working good. What I am going to do is buy and Iphone (waiting for iphone 5) for my Vodaphone Sim card and I'll use that.

Let the BB9650 work with RCDMA. I have had so much of trouble for more than 2 months. I really cant go through all of that again.

Thanks for your help.

Deepak

Are you using BIS from rcdma?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Hi,

This is sort of a 2 part Q&A.

1. For using GSM BIS service on on a CDMA World Edition Phones :

a. U need to unlock the GSM Part by code.

b. Note : some German/European versions are DATA BARRED, thus you will not be able to use GSM BIS Data On them-The way out for this is to

change the VSM To a Blank Blackberry Stock VSM,but this is something i would not recommend everyone to try, as it might brick your phone.

c. Insert GSM SIM with a Blackberry GSM activated BIS Plan (Rs.299/399/599/899 etc)

d. You should get Blackberry Registration & get EDGE in capitals. If you dont then follow below steps.

e. Go into network gettings and Put Data:ON, Roaming:On, Network:Automatic, Network Bearer: GSM ONLY, Data Type:2G, then go back. and put

network ON & OFF again & see if you get EDGE.

f. If still now EDGE, then press the calling button and type ##000000(for most verizon phones, For Sprint, you need to get yoru SPC code). You will

now enter a new menu, Delete & put your number in the 1st 2 lines. then press the Menu Key and click on save. Your phone will restart.

After this you should get EDGE & BIS service should work on your GSM Netwok. If still not, the phone is DATA Blocked for GSM.

2. I have a Blackberry 9650(Verizon), which i have registered the MEID on the relliance network, then i went to webworld & they associated my relaicne cdma number to my new MEID as well,i now get calls , but it rings, i pickup & the call cuts. Do i need to out the A-Key somewhere or do some other setting? I want to start using reliance CDMA BIS on this Veirzon phone now. My old BB9630 is almost dead now.

Someone , please help me on this. (BTW. i have my A-Key, but dont know where to enter it and what the the network settings in ##000000 menu.

call disconnects because of a-key.. enter a-key through cdma-workshop..

you can not use BIS/BES on cdma mode..

I want to buy bb 9650 cdma from geb.eBay does it work on reliance cdma for data and calls

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

@dipakgode, MEID?

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk

@dipakgode, MEID?

its Sprint or Verizon does it work on ruim if no then Meid cannot be registered on Reliance because Meid registration stopped by Reliance

@dipakgode, MEID?

its Sprint or Verizon does it work on ruim if no then Meid cannot be registered on Reliance because Meid registration stopped by Reliance

It doesnt work on tuim

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1