Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Harminder

Videocon VC 1605 Dual SIM - Unable to use browser

Hi Rim Users,

I need your valued assistance, please guide me. I just bought a Videocon VC 1605 dual sim (CDMA + GSM), as the shopkeeper told that Samsung Corby (as I lost my Corby recently) is discontinued now, so I didn't have any good options.

Problem with this set is I am unable to use browser, I tried to contact customer care they told, if there is no R World then its not possible to use internet.

>So please tell me is it possible to use net on this set.

>Can you please advice any handset (CDMA only) in the range of 8-10K???

Harminder S Rao

<< Topic Moved >> :)

Friend, only OMH handset with OMH sim will give you data in your phone (except bundled handsets). As this handset is not an OMH one, you can not use data in this handset. Please see the list of OMH handsets here www.omhworld.com

Hi Rim Users,

I need your valued assistance, please guide me. I just bought a Videocon VC 1605 dual sim (CDMA + GSM), as the shopkeeper told that Samsung Corby (as I lost my Corby recently) is discontinued now, so I didn't have any good options.

Problem with this set is I am unable to use browser, I tried to contact customer care they told, if there is no R World then its not possible to use internet.

>So please tell me is it possible to use net on this set.

>Can you please advice any handset (CDMA only) in the range of 8-10K???

Harminder S Rao

Do not be a victim of CDMA Lootmaar, Change the number, have agood Samsung Set.In CDMA Every time you will face anew problem so have a 3G

connection and forget all

Do not be a victim of CDMA Lootmaar, Change the number, have agood Samsung Set.In CDMA Every time you will face anew problem so have a 3G

connection and forget all

Thats a new innovative phrase :)

I agree. However, the better alternative is to have CDMA+GSM handset, stay on Reliance for tariff and keep GSM for 3G data. Have best of both worlds. But for that need to wait for such good handsets.

previous.gif What tariffs are you talking about? Other operators now have better plans for most usage patterns. For me, Docomo works out cheaper (and way better) than RGSM for everything except STD calls. But for new users, even this is not applicable, as the Re. 1/3min plan is no longer available. Edited by raccoon

^^^^

I am talking abt 440 unlimted plan :) There is another thread dedicated to find an alternative to this plan. So far we dont have any alternative.

RGSM is not a good option as of now in Pune because of the coverage problem.

I agreed with Rajesh because CDMA s**cks when it comes to Data. Why to waste money on buying costly data packs and also to use them you need to buy those foreign handsets sold on this forum when off-the-shelf GSM handsets are available ?

previous.gif Ok, maybe its cheaper for such specific uses. Its not just about poor coverage - at my residence, the signal strength has definitely gone up in the past few months. Even the battery seems to last longer. But the voice clarity still s**ks most of the time. Anyway, I guess I'm going off topic...