Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jasmin Shah

BlackBerry BIS Service & Other Mode of Internet Access

dear gurus

i am looking to buy a new cell for my cdma no.

what is the difference between blackeberry bis & other cellphone with android & iphone giving email access

can a unlocked bb give bis then which model is available

if i am looking for GSM then do i have wider choice in instruments compared to CDMA

are unlocked bb in gsm available & can they have bis enabled

if i am looking for GSM then what is better android/bb/iphone

is there any advantage in using bis over using normal mails like gmail and general messengers

is there any articles/links giving more knowledge on these kind of issues

i am using palm 755 for cdma & general samsung cell for rel. GSM and planning to go for a new gsm cell or replace palm 755 so gsm / cdma both are possible

waiting for clarity on these issues before i make a decision

jasmin shah

Blackberry is prefered when your email usage is high. Adroid and Iphone give you email but their access with be through GPRS or EDGE which till the launch of 3G is slow and copared to EVDO of CDMA.

The data plans for Iphone are much expensive than BB or Android where for Rs. 299/- per month you get unlimited excess to emails via your BB

Unlocked GSM BB are available in abudance through and mobile phone shop or operators and they will work fine with BB service.

you can easily configure your gmail, yahoo or any other email service via BB emails service.

For general internet access BB turns out to be cheaper compared to Iphone.

Just google Blackberry vs. android vs iphone for opinions on the internet.

Bottomline: If its emails that you want BB is the best device and the range of handsets in the market are much more than that in CDMA which are only sold through CDMA operators.

Check the internet for more details