Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Generic Rworld Password - For Rworld Based Internet

i have a Blackberry 8130 that has the same problem of having lost mobile internet data services from R World.

Now i'm facing two problems

is this line valid for Blackberry and if yes what is the code?

Dial ##8778# in your phone (code can vary) and select modem in usb section (Fro Fascinate **USBUI) (For HTC ##3424#)

does this solution enable mobile internet for browsing on the phone or is it for activating the phone as a modem

an early reply will be greatly appreciated i'm on my laptop for the last 6 hours figuring out my spc and finally managed to get it :Sorprendido:

:previous: blackberry doesn't require any code for this.. all you can do is to connect your blackberry through computer (its presumed that you computer is having blackberry Desktop Manager installed), check RIM Virtual Serial Ports in Device Manager, run BDM, then rum CDMA WS 2.7, use the highest available port out of two (lets say, ports available in Device Manager are 19 & 20, then take 20), click on connect.. your phone is now connected..

just doing this doesn't allow you to use mobile internet for browsing on the phone.. for that purpose, you have to write the RW dump given by Dhiraj Sir..

Edited by aalok

after working on cdma workshop for half a day i believe the chk read error is a bug when connected to a blackberry so is there any other way to upload the Rworld dump for ex thru QXDM or QPST or UniCDMA or something??

Help needed :confuse:

same problem has any solution been found for this

i have a blackberry 8130 on reliance and i tried the same solution but cdma workshop 2.7 does not connect to it and gives me a range check error ! what could be a solution for me sir. plz help me sir.

I am unable to figure out the 'select modem in usb section' option on my HTC EVO 4G. Internet not working from last 3 weeks. Please help.

your question is not clear...

galaxy

Hi, Thanks for the reply. The problem is that My Internet has stopped working from last 3-4 weeks. I have HTC EVO 4G on reliance cdma. I enjoyed using the internet & 3G but one fine day it stopped. Whenever I try to connect, it say 'Disconnected because service is unavailable'. I went to my vendor from whom I had purchased the phone but he wasn't able to solve it. After that I tried to get it working using the solution given on the 1st post of the thread 'Internet not working on imported handset?' but I am unable to do that.

I got stuck at the following step:

-> Dial ##8778# in your phone (code can vary) and select modem in usb section (Fro Fascinate **USBUI) (For HTC ##3424#)

-> Now connect your phone it will be shown in device manager -com/ports in your pc

In the first pint above they have mentioned to dial the number & select modem in usb section.

I don't get this option. And after connecting the mobile to PC it doesn't get listed in the -com/ports in my laptop as well as desktop.

Would request to you & others to please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Many BB with MEID does not go well with WKp 2.7 - best it to go for 3.6 "range error" is because of it. Still no solution for it other than that using service programing in QPst / QXDM can be done but i wont recommend - i have done it but its risky, if u r adventurous type go for it and use.

after working on cdma workshop for half a day i believe the chk read error is a bug when connected to a blackberry so is there any other way to upload the Rworld dump for ex thru QXDM or QPST or UniCDMA or something??

Help needed :confuse:

ok.. i was under the impression, that range check error is there in MEID based blackberries.. but it seems like all blackberries are having this problem with CDMA WS 2.7..

as doc (genius) has pointed out, it can be done with QPST/QXDM, but its risky.. you have to take the call..

best of luck.. :)

just posting a table i sent to reliance on how unreasonable the blackberry tariff plans offered by them are and then they expect consumers to subscribe to such crazy plans to even get basic data services from Rworld. God help them coz I think its time to migrate...

https://picasaweb.google.com/118206009751926447138/BBTarrif#5591253076891040658

I am unable to figure out the 'select modem in usb section' option on my HTC EVO 4G. Internet not working from last 3 weeks. Please help.

galaxy

Hi, Thanks for the reply. The problem is that My Internet has stopped working from last 3-4 weeks. I have HTC EVO 4G on reliance cdma. I enjoyed using the internet & 3G but one fine day it stopped. Whenever I try to connect, it say 'Disconnected because service is unavailable'. I went to my vendor from whom I had purchased the phone but he wasn't able to solve it. After that I tried to get it working using the solution given on the 1st post of the thread 'Internet not working on imported handset?' but I am unable to do that.

-> Dial ##8778# in your phone (code can vary) and select modem in usb section (Fro Fascinate **USBUI) (For HTC ##3424#)

-> Now connect your phone it will be shown in device manager -com/ports in your pc

In the first pint above they have mentioned to dial the number & select modem in usb section.

I don't get this option. And after connecting the mobile to PC it doesn't get listed in the -com/ports in my laptop as well as desktop.

Thanks in advance.

Hello dude You dont need to go device manager for HTC EVO phone judst connect and have all the driver installers and dial ##DIAG# mode and then go to Control

panel ->All Control Panel items ->Phone and Modem Options ->select modem and just the follow my screenshot for this thing and then select the same COM port in CDMA worshop in windows 64 bit devices.

post-74515-0-96663300-1301817882_thumb.p

galaxy

Thanks in advance.

Hello dude You dont need to go device manager for HTC EVO phone judst connect and have all the driver installers and dial ##DIAG# mode and then go to Control

panel ->All Control Panel items ->Phone and Modem Options ->select modem and just the follow my screenshot for this thing and then select the same COM port in CDMA worshop in windows 64 bit devices.

Hi ram999001, thanks for your prompt reply.

I did not get the listing in control Panel. after connecting the phone & dialing ##3424# I installed the driver for the same & it got listed in the

-com/port in device manager. I used the same port in cdma-workshop. I Did everything as per the steps & my phone got rebooted. But the 3G stayed only for few seconds after the phone starts. After that I stills get the same message'Disconnected because service is unavailable' & unable to connect the internet.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

It is like an important part is missing from such a beautiful phone :-( Please help!

galaxy

Thanks in advance.

Hi ram999001, thanks for your prompt reply.

I did not get the listing in control Panel. after connecting the phone & dialing ##3424# I installed the driver for the same & it got listed in the

-com/port in device manager. I used the same port in cdma-workshop. I Did everything as per the steps & my phone got rebooted. But the 3G stayed only for few seconds after the phone starts. After that I stills get the same message'Disconnected because service is unavailable' & unable to connect the internet.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

It is like an important part is missing from such a beautiful phone :-( Please help!

Hi htcevo,

May I know which kind of plan you are using is it prepaid or postpaid plan?Since for prepaid plans it is difficult since you balance goes immediately for NUC (Network Usage Charges)which only stays for sometime but for post pain you need to subscribe to these plans

Rs 95 - 200mb

Rs 199 - 500mb

Rs 600 - Unlimited

:previous:

Thanks. Mine is a prepaid connection. Can anything be done for this. Do postpaid numbers don't have this problem?

If I move to postpaid will it solve this issue forever? I want a permanent solution. Please guide.

Nothing is permanent! Though the best option as on date is to migrate to postpaid and opt for the suitable plan.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Edited by phonegeek

PostPaid option is better than Prepaid Option just migrate to postpaid and activate EVDO so that speeds will be reliable and also atleast you feel better having nice smart phone.

@phonegeek, @ram999001

Thanks for all your help. The phone vendor is also unable to help me with this. So the only solution seems to me is to migrate to postpaid as you all suggested. But my only concern is that I should not face the same problem again in future. And also, have read in many posts, people claiming that reliance has cheated them by sending bills with charges higher than the usage. Would like to know from you guys whether these issues really exists with reliance. I will go for the postpaid depending on your replies.

Once again, thanks.

@HTC EVO

I can't guarantee about the billing issue since there is online service from Reliance where you can check your Data Usage Talktime Etc Itemized Billing but I don't how reliable is it but I dont have anyproblems with my Phone and with my CDMA Carrier reliance.

can someone one please confirm if using this plan i can use no proxy internet like 3rd party softwares for e mail, google maps fb etc? or will this just give me surfing on browser? i guess ill have to take a 99 or 199 plan for 200 mb with this or default 1 Re /mb? plus the NUC which i wont be charged as i have L1 in which there are no NUC charges? thanks.

^

using this username is now deemed "dangerous"... lolz... as you can be billed any time (which doesnt show in data usage) if your data usage is high or crosses the plan limits... as stated elsewhere one of my friends recently paid about 5K data charges for this username's misuse...

However one good thing I noticed now onwards in my bill is that even though Rworld usage was not showing in data usage in myservices, it is now showing in the bill... My this month's Netconnect usage was 38.13MB (out of usable 500MB) and RM World Usage was 50.50MB (out of usable 100MB)...

Edited by dkaile

In 299 unlimited R-World plan.. would der be NUC or extra data usage charges???

Also, will EVDO work on dis plan??

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

• Like 1

^

using this username is now deemed "dangerous"... lolz... as you can be billed any time (which doesnt show in data usage) if your data usage is high or crosses the plan limits... as stated elsewhere one of my friends recently paid about 5K data charges for this username's misuse...

However one good thing I noticed now onwards in my bill is that even though Rworld usage was not showing in data usage in myservices, it is now showing in the bill... My this month's Netconnect usage was 38.13MB (out of usable 500MB) and RM World Usage was 50.50MB (out of usable 100MB)...

thanks but that much have been coz of NUC charges? a friend of mine had 5k bill coz of netconnect . haha. and he went to court.to reverse that. any software counter where u can check the data used on android? so NUC is not charged in L1 i hope?

@HTC EVO

I can't guarantee about the billing issue since there is online service from Reliance where you can check your Data Usage Talktime Etc Itemized Billing but I don't how reliable is it but I dont have anyproblems with my Phone and with my CDMA Carrier reliance.

@GouthamA,@phonegeek, @ram999001

Hi,

As suggested by you all, I went to reliance store and got my number changed to postpaid. It was done in 3 days but internet didn't get enabled.

Today I inquired with the reliance store and they said that I will need OMH card to activate EVDO to access net. So, I asked them to do so.

Now I have a OMH card with my number on it but I need it's MDN number to add into my HTC EVO.

I have following concerns:

1.How do I get the MDN of my new sim card(I don''t have other cdma phone)? Previously I had used one of my friends Nokia CDMA to get the MDN number.

2.After doing all these will the internet will work on HTC EVO?

A humble request to you all, please help me get this sorted asap.

Thank a lot!

any software counter where u can check the data used on android? so NUC is not charged in L1 i hope?

There is Droid Stats posted by Rajan bhai in must have softwares thread.

I have following concerns:

1.How do I get the MDN of my new sim card(I don''t have other cdma phone)? Previously I had used one of my friends Nokia CDMA to get the MDN number.

2.After doing all these will the internet will work on HTC EVO?

You should have checked Sadikk bhai and Hetal bhai's thread for MEID registration and activating EVDO rather than buying an OMH SIM, please try checking with them if they could help.

Hello HTCEVO,

I told to change to post paid since I thought your phone is already registered with MEID,Can you please clarify if your phone is already regsitered with MEID,and also why did you take OMH SIM card as I never mentioned about OMH in my thread?Please just go through this Thread

To check Data usage almost accurately try 3G-watchdog.The program is for android phones.

So what is the solution for Blackberry users? Since cdma ws 2.7 doesn't work with blackberry phones. QPST works as said above but can we get some step by step guide?