Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Generic Rworld Password - For Rworld Based Internet

@GouthamA,@phonegeek, @ram999001

Hi,

As suggested by you all, I went to reliance store and got my number changed to postpaid. It was done in 3 days but internet didn't get enabled.

Today I inquired with the reliance store and they said that I will need OMH card to activate EVDO to access net. So, I asked them to do so.

Now I have a OMH card with my number on it but I need it's MDN number to add into my HTC EVO.

I have following concerns:

1.How do I get the MDN of my new sim card(I don''t have other cdma phone)? Previously I had used one of my friends Nokia CDMA to get the MDN number.

2.After doing all these will the internet will work on HTC EVO?

A humble request to you all, please help me get this sorted asap.

Thank a lot!

I am afraid that you might have landed in a some trouble. In the process of getting EVDO, you got your number transferred from EVO and your MEID is now blocked. Unless you get it released, your EVO will not work even you get your MDN.

I generally dont rely on Reliance CC or Reliance guys for any matter and this has helped me a lot to avoid many troubles. :)

:previous:

So, what I can do next? Please suggest. I Had already approached my phone dealer before getting into all these hassle. But they were unable to solve the issue and didn't even suggest anything about upgrading to EVDO & all. That's why i browsed on net & came across this forum as my only last hope.

But now i am worried whether it will ever get solved or not.

Guys, if there is a solution then please let me know that.

Please help me to get out of this situation. :(

Thanks

previous.gif Approach the Reliance store and ask them to prepare a case for releasing the RSN of EVO. Please note that the MEID of EVO is the RSN. You can check the status of it by sending this GETSTAT <MEID> to 53737. Once your MEID/RSN is released, you need to again transfer your number from OMH sim to EVO.

But first, march ahead on the mission of releasing your EVO's MEID/RSN. Best of Luck !

Hello HTCEVO,

I told to change to post paid since I thought your phone is already registered with MEID,Can you please clarify if your phone is already regsitered with MEID,and also why did you take OMH SIM card as I never mentioned about OMH in my thread?Please just go through this Thread

@GouthamA,

Actually when I bought he phone in FEB'2011. I was given a blank Reliance sim card ad was told to transfer my number on it. I did dat and after that I was directed by the dealer on phone to insert the same card in Nokia CDMA phone & get the MDN & used that in my HTC EVO. But at that time I didn't had any idea whether my MEID was registered or not and also they were saying some ESN number.(I am not technical at all, so find it difficult to grasp all these things).

After that suddenly one fine day Internet stopped but the phone was working I mean voice call and all were proper.

For the solution I approached I gave my phone to them for more than 2 days but they were unable to figure it out.

ABOUT OMH CARD - The GUys at reliance said that with out OMM card EVDO cannot be activated. So I asked them to do so.

Also, I didn't had Idea about the thread for registering the MEID. I though that reliance people will activate the EVDO. (MY BAD)

How can I come to know whether the MEID is registerd or not?

Should I transfer my Number back to the same old card?

Thanks.

previous.gif Approach the Reliance store and ask them to prepare a case for releasing the RSN of EVO. Please note that the MEID of EVO is the RSN. You can check the status of it by sending this GETSTAT <MEID> to 53737. Once your MEID/RSN is released, you need to again transfer your number from OMH sim to EVO.

But first, march ahead on the mission of releasing your EVO's MEID/RSN. Best of Luck !

@phonegeek

Thanks for the reply. You mentioned 'Once your MEID/RSN is released, you need to again transfer your number from OMH sim to EVO'

Is that the EVO sim or the MND of OMH sim to EVO.

So what is the solution for Blackberry users? Since cdma ws 2.7 doesn't work with blackberry phones. QPST works as said above but can we get some step by step guide?

This is my question too. Experts, can you plz. help here ?

So what is the solution for Blackberry users? Since cdma ws 2.7 doesn't work with blackberry phones. QPST works as said above but can we get some step by step guide?

This is my question too. Experts, can you plz. help here ?

Any update on this.

One more question. I bought an imported blackberry officially registered in reliance via sadikk bhai. If I activate BIS on it, will I be able to use internet out of the box without any modifications?

Thanks

:previous: no BIS on imported blackberries.. as the PIN is not in the database given to Reliance by Research In Motion..

• Like 1

oho... then basically imported blackberries are good for nothing :P

Will this method work on droid 2 that I purchased from Sadik? I'm on a postpaid plan

^

Will work if you have suitable RWorld plan otherwise you would end up paying NUC.

@phonegeek

Thanks for the reply. You mentioned 'Once your MEID/RSN is released, you need to again transfer your number from OMH sim to EVO'

Is that the EVO sim or the MND of OMH sim to EVO.

@phonegeek

I checked my MEID number by sending the SMS. I got a reply 'Failure! Requested RSN not Found'.

Now what can be done. My phone is still not working. I am trying to approach the dealer but all in vain.

Please help. Is there any work around. Atleast can anyone guide me how to get the MDN number from the OMH sim card & transfer it on HTC EVO 4G.

And if there is any other solution then pls let me know. I approached Sadikk for MEID registration & EVDO activation but didn't get any reply from him. I had mentioned the problem in the mail and had toldd him that as soon as he replies to my mail I will make the payment. But didn't get nay reply.

So, guys now this forum is the only hope. All else, my money will be wasted! :(

I used this process and activated data on my HTC EVO perfectly. But I got this info from another forum where Dhiraj is a moderator. I tried to thank Dhiraj there but somehow my post didnt show. Thank you Dhiraj. I just happened to see this thread here only today.

Please help. Is there any work around. Atleast can anyone guide me how to get the MDN number from the OMH sim card & transfer it on HTC EVO 4G.

So, guys now this forum is the only hope. All else, my money will be wasted! :(

The process of transferring mdn from sim to phone is stopped I suppose. But I have a good friend with a WW and he took it very seriously and got the job done after a few days. No casual efforts will work with RCOM. TOUGH NUTS there.

MEID registration is done with the help of a forum member and data setting done with the help of the process mentioned in this thread. And my EVO is working perfectly now.

Edited by thilak.kmb

^

I personally have stopped using Rworld username/pw and would advice all to do so too and I use MDN based un/pw and netconnect plan. I get better speeds on evdo and no "danger" of being charged for NUC when I wake up one fine morning (believe me, its happened to my friends)

After going through the Generic Rworld Password - Topic completely.

I realized its such a mess to configure data connection on cdma.

It was manageable with windows mobile but with android its far more complex.

If you use GSM on android its still easy but with cdma you have to seek shelter unless you are a guru.

First we used to run around to get 1x data and later new hassles once EVDO began.

Of course the latest handsets are coming EVDO enabled and *228 ready but the once

bought before that keep running.

With GSM you can simply go to settings add your APN and whether you have 2g or 3g or 3.5g everything starts working.

My dad's cdma android is always busy as his data is on mostly and we cant have simultaneous voice n data.(unlike gsm)

I believe that all the experts here should actually prove that since android is open source,

they should write an .apk for reliance ,tata & mts data connection settings.

Otherwise the road is not encouraging enough for newcomers to get excited and switch to cdma through mnp.

APK can't edit NV Items in my opinion.

^^^

HP or DevAlap have shown a preview of an app, which can inject user name and pass, but dont know what happen next.

i might have done this wrong but this is what works for me at present.

when my data stopped working on droid eris and incredible.

i dialed ##778# chose edit, entered 00000 password

then hit security there in ppp user id & password I wrote my mobile no.

then data started working. but now its too expensive then earlier.

both are prepaid and i dont have any data packs.

please feel free to guide/correct me as now i think i m on time based default plan

unlike earlier when it was data based.

• Like 1

@VA - Its really not rocket science to program your android for data; just search the different topics going around and most problems get sorted out; Secondly after putting mdn as username and pw you should have opted for a proper data plan and you would have been charged accordingly; your dad's phone is coming busy as you have not enabled evdo on it, when there is a specific topic running for that for people wanting to enable evdo, after which there are no such issues; look around, ask for help and solve your issues...

Edited by dkaile

@VS On prepaid we don't have any netconnect packs available for reliance

Amitji can confirm this

Better shift to postpaid

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

@VA - Its really not rocket science to program your android for data; just search the different topics going around and most problems get sorted out; Secondly after putting mdn as username and pw you should have opted for a proper data plan and you would have been charged accordingly; your dad's phone is coming busy as you have not enabled evdo on it, when there is a specific topic running for that for people wanting to enable evdo, after which there are no such issues; look around, ask for help and solve your issues...

dhiraj ji, does it mean the way i m using data right now is incorrect? (i have a prepaid reliance cdma tp2 as well, using data in the same manner on it too) and i should actually do what you have mentioned in this topic. how will it affect me or change my usage?

its great to know that on evdo voice & data simultaneous are supported. but evdo can be enabled from backend or from one of the gurus here. are you suggesting i can do it on my own?

kindly be more specific in the direction you suggest i should move to.

many thanks

Edited by ::: VA :::

Its strange to see what i accidentally bumped into.

i m sure the gurus know it.

Earlier this year when data stopped working on tp2, eris & incredible.

It was easy to go into connections and edit with tp2 but android scarred me. :Equivocado:

i didnt know the programming and complex ways to connect to pc. :NOTriste:

but once i randomly was going through epst

i saw under Security option there is ppp user id and password.

where i saw the data login n pass mentioned.(the previous ones that stopped working)

so i changed them to MDN and simply my data started working. :Sorprendido:

I am so glad to see that its not necesary to connect your phone to qpst etc for a

simple thing such as changing the data connection user id and password. :Riendo:

Gurus please comment if I am being funny. but thats what i did and this is what worked. :signthankspin:

@va - As someone else suggested, if data usage is primary to you better shift to post-paid and get a requisite mdn based plan like 99 or 199 worth one; evdo is being activated through amit jain here -

For Rworld username/pw as is detailed in this topic (which is different from mdn) you should be on some rworld plan but then tomorrow NUC may jump in so its better to stay away from them.

And yes, you can change your username and pw directly from an android phone's epst without connecting to a pc.

i was using netconnect with my user id and password but as now i wanted to move to r-world plans on my evo, i dumped 2nd complete nv file and now with some reasons internet is not working at all. Any idea gurus?