Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
FEVIN-RAJ

Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA

Buy a Tata Photon "SPEEDLIVING" OMh SIM for Rs 99 and upgrade yoru RUIM. You will get 15GB PM for 2 months(postpaid) + 500 Min local ONNET Calls

• Like 1

The main con was stated as poor display and meagre screen resolution of 240x320. Battery life too seems strained.

I am looking for more user reviews before taking the plunge.

Offer on this device from Tata Indicom

Prepaid Offer:

Free 10GB data usage for 2 months

Voice - Free 500 minutes on-net local calls for 30 days.

VAS - Free Mobile TV Subscription for 15 days.

Postpaid Offer:

Free 15GB per month data usage for 2 months

Voice - Free 500 minutes on-net local calls for 1 month.

VAS - Free Mobile TV Subscription for 15 days.

Check it out here

can any one help me about user experience of this handset.

as in flipkart.com site...user review is not satisfactory and they inform following points:

1. Battery problem (drained so quickly)

2. hang when in call

3. auto restart during a call

4. high performance multimedia experience is not some how not in upto the mark level.

i appreciate comments from you all.

:previous: its been more than a week now, have never experianced any such kind of problem, except the last one, as mentioned above, with use of approx. 3-4 hours voice calling in a day & some 30-45 minutes of data..

not able to play Angry Birds - Rio smoothly on this device (it lags).. Speaker is OK, though sound quality is good when used with sennheisers..

:P am comparing this with my droid incredible..

Edited by aalok

hi guys

i purchased samsung galaxy pop on 19th april... the phone is good in its range. Touch is good when comapred with iphone or palm pre.

battery seems good a with wifi and data on for 3-4 hrs and calls around 2-3 hrs phone is alive till midnight.

light weight and resolution is good ...

as such till not didnt had any problem of restarting or hang....

lets see.

will keep updating ....

thanks

ankit

hi guys

i purchased samsung galaxy pop on 19th april... the phone is good in its range. Touch is good when comapred with iphone or palm pre.

battery seems good a with wifi and data on for 3-4 hrs and calls around 2-3 hrs phone is alive till midnight.

lets see.

will keep updating ....

thanks

ankit

:wacko::wacko:

Seems like, you are in SOOO MUCH LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT with this phone, that even its shortcomings are not visible to you...

One doubt... The display is Multi-TOUCH one or NOT??? Since it comes with Froyo + Capacitive screen, I have slight hope it may have Multi-touch capability, atleast in Gallery... But All the two reviews and specs in SAMSUNG site says good-responsive capacitive screen only and NO WORDS about multi-touch capability??

I promised my wife to buy her a good Android phone for her B'Day (in 2 months)... If it didn't have multi-touch functionality, then I have to port her number to Docomo and go for O1...

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

1. This phone is OMH EVDO Compatible and
  2. You get 15gb plan for 2 Month SMS when you insert Reliance SIM Card
  3. WiFi Tethering
  4. USB Tethering
  5. Android 2.2
  6. PPP Password can be changed from OMH based to MDN based for NetConnect based usage
  7. LCD Screen is so Cheap but Capacitive Sensor is awesome
  8. Overall Phone look as HTC Touch and its very snappy

Please tell us the SMS which we need to send to Reliance for activating the 10GB for 2months plan. I have purchased the handset, but could not activate high speed internet in the phone.

hi guys

lets see.

will keep updating ....

thanks

ankit

:wacko::wacko:

Seems like, you are in SOOO MUCH LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT with this phone, that even its shortcomings are not visible to you...

One doubt... The display is Multi-TOUCH one or NOT??? Since it comes with Froyo + Capacitive screen, I have slight hope it may have Multi-touch capability, atleast in Gallery... But All the two reviews and specs in SAMSUNG site says good-responsive capacitive screen only and NO WORDS about multi-touch capability??

I promised my wife to buy her a good Android phone for her B'Day (in 2 months)... If it didn't have multi-touch functionality, then I have to port her number to Docomo and go for O1...

Yes, the display is multi touch. And it is fun

You have to go Rworld for active any of plan. There is menu of subscribe for plan.

BR.

im using reliance n got a message saying i will get 10 gb data free for 2 months.......but money is being deducted while using data....when contacted CC they say that it is free only if i use data in the PC via the phone which i think makes no sense at all........can someone plz clarify me on this plz coz as u all know how expensive data usage is on cdma network........and one more thing is that i dont have R-World icon in my phone??

Is it a RUIM based phone? I mean OMH?

Is it a RUIM based phone? I mean OMH?

Yes. Got to upgrade to diamond logo'ed OMH card to use Rworld or Tata Zone.

Can we use postpaid tata zone pack of Rs.43, for internet and android applications, on this handset.?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

:previous:

I don't think TataZone pack possible DIRECTLY :winko: ... (Even if you go for that complicated method, you will miss access to all Google apps like GMail, Goggles, Market, Talk, Docs, etc...)

Instead get OMH RUIM and you can go for HSIA packs for Rs300--1GB, Rs99--250MB...

Are OMH cards for Tata available easily? I am finding hard to get it in Tata in my city. Have purchased my Pop cdma from a different dealer who too is finding it difficult to get. Can I get it in central mumbai? I'll be visiting Mumbai this sunday.

P.S. - My Galaxy POP is working perfect. Would have loved a querty keyboard, but hell its a great deal for 9.5k

Edited by simv

:previous:

Download and use the SWYPE app from AndroidMarket... You won't miss a keyboard then... Else google for its apk file, if you don't have OMH RUIM till now...

hi ankit,

i want to buy this mobile.

so, how is it? is there any problem till now?

You have to go Rworld for active any of plan. There is menu of subscribe for plan.

BR.

@BR

RWorld is not there in my mobile. Even I tried to go to wap.rworld.co.in. It is saying "Web page not available". Please suggest an aternate method.

hi ankit,

i want to buy this mobile.

so, how is it? is there any problem till now?

@amit

It depends on for what you are purchasing this mobile. Most of the android apps works in I559 pop. Apps like google goggles, earth, etc will not work.

Dains out the battery very fast.

Getting EVDO activated is very difficult.

If someone knows how to activate EVDO in Samsung POP, please post it

i am using evdo on tata indicom. Pl visit tata indicom website and check tata photon for mobile. select the plan you want and call up customer care and get it changed.

Ankit

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

The HSIA (EVDO) plans applicable to TI customers are -

Rs. 5- - - -1 Day- - - - - -15 MB

Rs. 12- - -3 Days- - - - - 40 MB

Rs. 33- - -15 Days- - - - 115 MB

Rs. 43- - -30 Days- - - - 150 MB

Rs. 94- - - 60 Days- - - -350 MB

Rs. 320- - 90 Days- - - -1024 MB

More details in this page

ay!! I got EVDO activated today from Reliance (after a month of fight with Rel CC).

Now I need to activate the first two months free plan. Don't know how?

Battery is huge issue in this phone. If you watch 5 minutes of youtube video, 10% of battery will be drained off.