Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
FEVIN-RAJ

Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA

@ anoop_ds,ankit22,aalok,simv,HetalDP

I am planning to buy this handset....If i use this handset with medium usage pattern(with 1 hours of call,1 hrs of internet surfing through evdo,50 sms /day)...is it survive for 1-1.5 days?

I will dont allow to open any app in background except the email & weather widget(max 2 updates a day),...pls post comments about my quiary asap? :Decepcionado:

I dont think so. the usage you share with us can give you max of 10Hrs. of battery life. i think more powerful battery 1400mAH can save us. that time i think it can survive 1.5day with minimum of usage.

@quazisayeed

r u using this phone already?

@avishekghosh : sorry dada.. phone already sold within one week.. am still continuing with my incredible :)

• Like 1

@avishekghosh : sorry dada.. phone already sold within one week.. am still continuing with my incredible :)

@Aalok...

Why u sold the phone within 7 days?is it not worth buying?pls suggest me..

@ anoop_ds,ankit22,aalok,simv,HetalDP

I am planning to buy this handset....If i use this handset with medium usage pattern(with 1 hours of call,1 hrs of internet surfing through evdo,50 sms /day)...is it survive for 1-1.5 days?

I will dont allow to open any app in background except the email & weather widget(max 2 updates a day),...pls post comments about my quiary asap? :Decepcionado:

If you are looking for more than a day of battery life, don't go for this. I am using this mobile for more than a month now. Tried different combinations (with 1x, EV, no internet, no GPS, WiFi only, low brightness, medium brightness, vibrate, silent without vibrate etc.). This phone has never gave me more than a days battery backup.

The only option is buy a backup battery :)

• Like 1

@quazisayeed

r u using this phone already?

yes i am using...for one month..moderate data useage mainly mail/internet browsing it runs up to 8hrs. if i switch on the push mail service then it last only 6hrs. Max.

cheers

I brought this phone from the local non Tata vendor. Very happy with the performance overall. The only issue is the OMH T-sim. I am only able to use my old T-sim on this handset. That means only calls and sms but no data. Tata guys here are very helpful. They tried activating the OMH T-sim but it fails. The OMH card doesn't get activated through their system. Wasted 2 OMH card in the procedure. And I am back to using my non OMH T-sim without data.

Does anybody have any clue what must be wrong?

:previous:

Check if the Handset Change Card have been tampered with on the scratch area,

HCC can be used for only one upgrade,

should be doing *228 after receiving the confirmatory SMS

HCC may have expired.

I brought this phone from the local non Tata vendor. Very happy with the performance overall. The only issue is the OMH T-sim. I am only able to use my old T-sim on this handset. That means only calls and sms but no data. Tata guys here are very helpful. They tried activating the OMH T-sim but it fails. The OMH card doesn't get activated through their system. Wasted 2 OMH card in the procedure. And I am back to using my non OMH T-sim without data.

I am planning to buy this handset....pls post a review about this handset asap....I will be very thankful to u...

I want to know about its...

*Battery backup?

*Screen brightness & contrast(is it good?,viewing angle,sunlight legibility)?

*Customizable UI option available,but how many?

*Call & voice quality?

*Network catching power?

*Build quality?

*Music quality & loudness over phone speaker?

*Phone speed..is it lagging?

****pros & cons about this phone according to u.....

i cant get evdo activated on my phone , CC says 1x/evdo have the same speed on mobile , evdo is only for pc tethering.

only one word bull****, its high time reliance start educating their CC executive

i cant get evdo activated on my phone , CC says 1x/evdo have the same speed on mobile , evdo is only for pc tethering.

Just got this handset for my wife and after some follow-ups and some bashing of @IndicomTata in twitter, Tata senior people just came to my home with OMH RUIM and activated EV-DO on the same... Also they have activated the 15GB_FREE_data/30Days for two months (Total 30GB FREE in 2 months)

Well, for gurus like us, this phone may be too weak, but she loves this more than anything now... Now I need not charge my epic twice a day... Thank GOD...

Anyone found a way to root this phone??? I am too busy with my seasonal job to google it... So, Please help me... Thanks friends...

• Like 1

I am planning to buy this handset....pls post a review about this handset asap....I will be very thankful to u...

*Battery backup?

*Call & voice quality?

*Network catching power?

*Build quality?

*Battery backup? Poor - Drains out by evening 4PM (in GPS OFF and lowest brightness mode )

*Screen brightness & contrast(is it good?,viewing angle,sunlight legibility)? - good

*Customizable UI option available,but how many? - Don't know. Please rephrase your question.

*Call & voice quality? - Great!!

*Network catching power? - Don't know

*Build quality? - Great!!

*Music quality & loudness over phone speaker? Music qulity is good. Moderate Volume

*Phone speed..is it lagging? No hanging

• Like 1

*Battery backup?

*Call & voice quality?

*Network catching power?

*Build quality?

*Battery backup? Poor - Drains out by evening 4PM (in GPS OFF and lowest brightness mode )

*Screen brightness & contrast(is it good?,viewing angle,sunlight legibility)? - good

*Customizable UI option available,but how many? - Don't know. Please rephrase your question.

*Call & voice quality? - Great!!

*Network catching power? - Don't know

*Build quality? - Great!!

*Music quality & loudness over phone speaker? Music qulity is good. Moderate Volume

*Phone speed..is it lagging? No hanging

Thanks mate....

Just got this handset for my wife and after some follow-ups and some bashing of @IndicomTata in twitter, Tata senior people just came to my home with OMH RUIM and activated EV-DO on the same... Also they have activated the 15GB_FREE_data/30Days for two months (Total 30GB FREE in 2 months)

Well, for gurus like us, this phone may be too weak, but she loves this more than anything now... Now I need not charge my epic twice a day... Thank GOD...

Anyone found a way to root this phone??? I am too busy with my seasonal job to google it... So, Please help me... Thanks friends...

Pls give a small review about ur exprnce with this phone....mainly in battery,screen,sound,internet,signal reception,ui,usability,phone speed,software standard etc...but pls dont compare with it with ur great epic exprnce...

:previous:

Sure buddy... Please give me two days time...

I have finally managed to get evdo activated on this phone.Now how does one manage to overide the 5p\10kb network usage charges . Anybody ?

By subscribing to any of this data plans here instead of Rworld Data Plans..

But these data plans are for pc tethering , i need to use evdo on my phone wihtout paying 5p/10kb network usage charges.

Postpaid

MobileNet 0 – Pay as you go

Rental: Free -No rental charges. Browsing charges 10paisa/10 Kb.

MobileNet 99 – Monthly Pack

Rental: Rs.99/- . Validity 30 Days, Usage: Browsing upto 2.5GB free.

Over usage of Rs.99 on quota completion thereafter 10p/10kb would apply

In addition to this they will apply 5p/10kb network usage charges.

Those Data Plans will work for browsing on the phone also & there is no network usage charges in it. Mobilenet 99 Plan for 2.5GB is for GSM only... Not for CDMA...

Any user of galaxy pop cdma can confirm about the availability of leather pouch in the box?r samsung gave a leather pouch for this phone in the box?

^ no leather poch in the box.. you need to buy it.. :)