Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
FEVIN-RAJ

Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA

:previous:

Sure buddy... Please give me two days time...

Waiting for ur review mate...pls do it asap...

^ no leather poch in the box.. you need to buy it.. :)

Give me any online source who can send me a galaxy pop cdma pouch...

:previous: dada, no need to buy it online.. you can get it from local market.. molife has some good covers for i559

:previous: dada, no need to buy it online.. you can get it from local market.. molife has some good covers for i559

Thanks aalok bhai for ur quick reply.....But molife pouches are not available in my hometown....

I have finally managed to get evdo activated on this phone.Now how does one manage to overide the 5p\10kb network usage charges . Anybody ?

How did you manage to get EVDO activated?

Thanks aalok bhai for ur quick reply.....But molife pouches are not available in my hometown....

There would be local brands available on streets go to Kolkata if required, not much idea of KGP.

Thanks dipan bhai for ur suggstn....

Inner sky . I visited the reliance webworld, where they put im a request for me through their terminal . Its useless askin the phone customer care to doit.

Update: Please check:

while fidling with the phone I found that there is some update is available for this phone in samsung apps it says it is some system update...has anyone installed this update and what does this update do....any info will be helpful

Some pop users are saying that they updated their pop to Android 2.3 Gingerbread...can anyone here confirm this?

Could you please enlighten me how to activate the EVDO in Samsung Galaxy Pop i559 Handset. Do i need to upgrade the USIM? who is to be contacted for this services?

Ajay

Could you please enlighten me how to activate the EVDO in Samsung Galaxy Pop i559 Handset. Do i need to upgrade the USIM? who is to be contacted for this services?

Ajay

on Reliance, Tata or Mts? Whichever it is, yup you need to upgrade to OMH card.

Dear karthik

I am using Reliance? I have the OMH Card. I was using another model of Samsung earlier. (MPWER MUZIK SCH - S379). Can you help me?

Ajay

@ Ajay Have you tried placing a request with CC to activate EVDO data in your OMH R-UIM?

Update: Please check:

Some pop users are saying that they updated their pop to Android 2.3 Gingerbread...can anyone here confirm this?

i think they are using custom rom bcoz so far Android 2.3 Gingerbread is not available for Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA yet.

i'm also searching. if you find then share the link.

i think they are using custom rom bcoz so far Android 2.3 Gingerbread is not available for Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA yet.

i'm also searching. if you find then share the link.

Thanks....

Yes sure,if i will get any link of official/custom rom ,i will share that..

& if u will find that,pls share wid me also...

Any CDMA Guru's,pls help us...

http://androidadvices.com/how-to-update-samsung-galaxy-mini-s-5570-to-gingerbread-2-3-3-firmware/

Mini is known as Pop in India.

Edit do not use this link this is for GSM will search CDMA version.

Edited by dipanlahiri
  • Like 1

Mini Review of GalaxyPOP_CDMA...

Pluses:-

01. Response of capacitive screen is very good (for the price) and it supports multi-touch and the size is also good (3.1" I think)..

02. The three HARDWARE keys (Menu, Home, Back) feels much much better than the capacitive keys on my EPIC..

03. OMH compatible and 1x/EV-DO with offer (15GB x 2 months FREE) was immediately available after number activation on OMH ruim ( as I am using TATA, no need to call CC to activate EVDO from back-end..

04. Has the goodness of Froyo like pinch-zoom home screen, moving apps, installing apps on SD, (comparing my EPIC with Eclair)

05. Has got SWYPE pre-installed and is working great, you wont miss any keypad/keyboard...

06. Phone is thin and beautiful (for my eyes atleast)

07. Network coverage is EXCELLENT comparing my EPIC...

08. Almost all the apps I have installed on EPIC is working without any major issues on the small screen like quick-settings, preHome, TalkingTom, batteryWidget, Tapatalk, IndianRail, QuickPic, QuickOffice, ALMOST all games <but slow, as expected>, dictionaries, media-players, widgets, etc..

09. UI speed is good (for the price, RAM)

10. WiFi tethering is working great and I use POP's net on my EPIC (as 1x plans are costly)

11. Memory card slot is outside and you need NOT open the cover to remove card as in EPIC..

12. Last, but NOT the least, it is a BANG-FOR-THE-BUCKS-CDMA-ANDROID-SMARTPHONE, comparing ridiculously high priced official BBs and other official CDMA smartphones... (I bought for 9k 2 weeks back)

MINUSES:- (I WON'T compare it with my EPIC here, promise)

1. Resolution is a issue (only) when browsing websites on browser.. (OperaMini comes to rescue)

2. Camera is FixedFocus and GoogleGoggles and BarcodeReader apps are NOT working (other than that the quality of 3MPx camera is more than enough for occasional snaps)..

3. BatteryLife is NOT that great, that is you SHOULD NEVER expect it to run for MORE-THAN-A-DAY-OF-REGULAR-USE... (Further I doubt therez some issue with the battery of mine as its temperature is always higher in the range of 35 to 45 degree centigrade, but my EPIC's is around 22 to 32 degrees only, using Battery_Solo_Widget)

Small NUISANCES:- (Means NOT a deal-breaker issues)

1. The placement of power/Lock button, I used to accidently press volume buttons while pressing power button... But it will be sorted out in few days of using the phone (getting used to)...

2. Sometimes the screen will be over-sensitive and phone will get confused with clicking for scrolling up/down... A solution is using half-cm of the index-finger for scrolling, instead of using just the finger-tip...

P.S. :-

I have bought this for my wife to replace her CorbyCDMA... She is more than happy with this phone... For her, the capacitive screen, multi-touch UI, youtube videos via 3X, soo many Games, webBrowsing on OperaMini, sooo many apps <I have installed some 150 apps now for her>, Swype are like SEVEN_WONDERS...

• Like 3

:previous:

Dipan ji, can you please help me in rooting this phone----the simplest way, by giving links to the related article... Since this is peak-season for my work, I don't have much time to search and try by trial and error methods... I remember, you have earlier (with name digitalnirvana) showed the methods to force Android to use ad-hoc wifi networks for my rooted EPIC...

Dipan ji and other Android gurus of Rimweb, please help me...

Thanks...

• Like 1

Kanaga ji,

Here is a method. The source of this guide is this. It is for GSM version but should work. I have not tested it so be aware there is some risk.

1. Install Latest Kies from samsung website into your pc here click on the software tab exe file.

2. Download and install SuperOneClick 1.7 by ShortFuse here see the end of the post there is .zip file. If you are not XDA member download from here.

3. Unmount your sd card under setting>sdcard and phone storage setting>Unmount SD card and then remove it from your phone

4. Set your SGA into USB Debugging mode by ticking it USB debugging mode under Setting>Application>Developement>tick USB debugging mode

5. Run Kies and connect your SGA to your pc using the cable (for safety reason don't use bluetooth or other connectivity)

6. Once your Kies show that your SGA is connected to your pc, Extract SuperOneClick 1.70 into a folder using winrar. Antivirus should be off.

7. Run SuperOneClick.exe as administrator.

8. Press Shell Root and the it will temporary root your phone and a small window will pop out it shown

"Device has a temporary ADB root! Reboot your device to remove it"

9. Click ok (don't need restart) and continue to press Root.

10. After finished root, it will pop a another small window called Test? and it will shown

Root files have been installed! Would you like to run a test? Press Yes

11. another pop out window will pop out and show "a su. blah blah blah...." Just press ok

12. and finally window will pop out title Rooted will shown

"Your device has been rooted!"

"Would you like to donate now?"

Press yes if you want donate or else press no

13. Unplugged and Reboot your SGA device.

Congratulation, Your SGA Device has been Rooted!

How to Check your device rooted or not?

Ans : Notice there will be a SuperUser in your menu

If this does not work follow this. This guide is for CDMA version but similar.

Edited by dipanlahiri
  • Like 3

@ KanagaDeepan

Thanks 1000 times for this quick & superb review...

+1 for u..... :signthankspin:

@ dipanlahiri

Good description mate..+1 from me... :signthankspin:

...but the link in last line not working for me... :(

& a noob question...what is "SGA"? :confuse:

@KanagaDeepan

Can it supports all launcher applications i.e. launcher pro,adw launcher,go launcher ex etc?can u test it...?Are these launchers running smoothly with pop cdma?

Avishek,

SGA is Samsung Galaxy Ace I guess. That method is common.

The last link is from a Chinese website translated through Google. Might be that is why not opening. Let Kanaga Ji update if the first method works then no need for this.

• Like 1

@AvishekGosh ji...

All the launchers gets installed... But (as expected) it reduces the performance of the phone too much...

All I want is S60 style list of running apps + ability to kill them + switching to other app + seeing recent app... For that I am using is PreHome, which is very light-weight and does the following things:-

1. On double-clicking HOME key, shows the list of running apps (in regular color icon) + recently-used-but-closed apps (in slightly grey shaded icon)..

2. We can open new app from recent or jump to any running app from there..

3. Press and hold an icon of running app will kill that app..

3. Pressing home key brings to Home of default launcher selected by us, yes it can be adw or go or SamsungHome..

PreHome doesn't affect phone's performance and it is much much better than default-recent-apps list by Samsung (comes by pressing and hold HOME key)...

@Dipan ji, I will definitely try your method when I get some free time, most probably during this week-end... Anyway thanks a zillion for your efforts and +1 to you sir ji....