Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mmrawal

Can I connect BSNL dialup via LG LSP340E ?

Dear Members:

I already have BSNL dial-up 50 hours package. When I try to connect with reliance phone (LG LSP340E), I never heard the modem sound. I've installed the modem properly.

Do I have to connect with R-Connect only? Or Can I use BSNL dial-up? BSNL number is 172233.

Is anybody faced this problem before?

Thanks for your help.

Manish Rawal

Do I have to connect with R-Connect only? Or Can I use BSNL dial-up? BSNL number is 172233.

dear mr. rawal,

kem chho !

regarding ur doubt, sir, i m sorry to tell u that u can only connect thru r-connect at present. u cannot dial the 17xxxx nos from ur reliance mobile or fwps.

thanx

jigar

Just to tell you that the TRAI has asked operators to make 172XXX numbers accessible and given them 45 odd days in which to implement it. You can get details on the TRAI site

Eskay

thnx for the finding dude!! I had read this somewhere before but forgot the implications of it....

It says,

As per Schedule ‘A’ of ISP license, Dialup customers should be given access to ISP of choice from anywhere irrespective of whether they are located within service area of an ISP. It was brought to the notice of the Authority that 172xxx access code is not currently accessible from some of CMSP’s networks.

But how does this mean, that every BSO/CO has to provide access to 172xxxx ?? Maybe its part of the national numbering scheme. But if thats the thing, then can we dial 1600xxxxx and 1901xxxxx nos. from Reliance too?? Can Reliance also provide such services to its customers in the same series? Can someone throw more light on the National Numbering Scheme?

anyways, if this amendment has to be considered valid for this issue of ours, 45 days is already over now... And we shud be able to access these nos.!

So does that also mean that a Reliance Customer access MTNL's 24880000 for accessing MTNL's internet?? I dont think so, coz MTNL bills its Internet Customers in its regular MTNL bills! I am totally confused over this issue!

So does that also mean that a Reliance Customer access MTNL's 24880000 for accessing MTNL's internet?? I dont think so, coz MTNL bills its Internet Customers in its regular MTNL bills! I am totally confused over this issue!

im not sure if this is true or not, but have u noticed those adult phone nos. i hear they charge double amt. and if they r charging the amt then its possible what u mentioned is possible. all mtnl has to do is charge it to reliance on the specified phone no. and reliance would charge it to you. i dont know if it works but that would be the scenario if it was implemented

So have there been any developments on this issue? Any chance of accessing other ISPs on our Reliance phones?

nope, still not possible,

and it wont be possible unless data connection has been enabled by reliance over their network, to other networks.

well, reliance would say...

TRAI??

do you mean try??

yes sir, please try to connect, if u cant then we'll look into the issue, its under ugradation.

thnak you

well, reliance would say...

TRAI??

do you mean try??

yes sir, please try to connect, if u cant then we'll look into the issue, its under ugradation.

thnak you

22510[/snapback]

i dont think they even bother to say that .First of all they dont have any sence of humour . and moreover they r having problems of their own