Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
arnuld

Please suggest a QWERTY Music Phone

I want to buy a QWERTY phone. Can someone suggest a single SIM handset with these features, price less than 7-8K. Please suggest both CDMA and GSM handsets (no dual-mode or dual-sim handsets):

• Music Phone with 3.5mm jack. Music can be played in background so that I can check SMSs while listening songs
  • 1.3 MP camera.
  • Call and Voice recording (optional)
  • Bluetooth
  • Good Battery Backup (more than 1100 mAh ??)
  • Lots of SMSs, so comfortable keypad
  • no 3G

I prefer branded phones.

Edited by arnuld

Motorola has qwerty dual sim phone (u don't require though) for less than 5k. I have seen ad

Go for Nokia C3 ,i purchased few days back.

Go for Samsung Chat335 (old handset) or if it is NOT available, go for Chat322 (almost same with DualSIM, but whatz the harm in using it as SingleSIM)...

Both are having 1000mAh battery, but much better battery backup, from my experience...

Else go for C3...

Samsung chat 335 and 332 seem good. Nokia C3 does not have outside volume key. Did I forget to mention that I need to type lots of SMSs (not just forward, but type). OP updated.

As you are a heavy SMSer, SWYPE would be the best option for you. It can save a lot of time and effort in typing words. For this you have to have a touch-screen phone.

If you can stretch your budget a bit (by 2K more), you can have a decent touch-screen, SWYPE input, android smart phone, which has 5MP camera, GPS and WiFi among other goodies. I'm talking about Motorola CLIQ XT which you can buy at Rs. 10,387 from ebay.

Check it friend, before taking decision otherwise.

@arnuld

palm-pixi-att-293x300.jpg

Why don't you consider Palm Pixi Plus (With Wi-Fi) available with Sadikkbhai at an absolutely unbelievable price of approx 5K. This is a beauty of a Smartphone with both touch and physical QWERT keypad. If and when you can actually see this phone, all those entry level Samsung and Nokia's are toys in comparison.

There is nothing which can come close to it at this price... That too Officially Registered with Reliance.

• Like 1

Why don't you consider Palm Pixi Plus (With Wi-Fi) available with Sadikkbhai at an absolutely unbelievable price of approx 5K. This is a beauty of a Smartphone with both touch and physical QWERT keypad. If and when you can actually see this phone, all those entry level Samsung and Nokia's are toys in comparison.

There is nothing which can come close to it at this price... That too Officially Registered with Reliance.

Phoen looks absolutely amazing. I have Tata Indicomm, is it OMH ?

It's an imported handset.. Non OMH... Works with Reliance out of the box with *228...

Have a look at the phone specs here http://www.palm.com/...plus/index.html

It's Capacitive Touchscreen with pinch, zoom, EVDO Rev A, 8GB Inbuilt Storage...

I am having Pixi Plus for Tata @ 5.5k and evdo can also be activated at an additional cost .

Regards

I am having Pixi Plus for Tata @ 5.5k and evdo can also be activated at an additional cost .

Regards

Hi,

I believe that this phone has no RUIM slot, so can you pl tell how do we get it activated with TATA connection on it

I believe that this phone has no RUIM slot, so can you pl tell how do we get it activated with TATA connection on it

Yes, almost all of the imported CDMA handsets by the GURUs here are non-RUIM handsets. And this is not easy at all to make it unlocked and particularly activation on TataIndicom is the toughest part of the whole process.

If you want a new phone for TataIndicom, go for the one that Tushar has offered. He is highly dependable for getting a new handset on TataIndicom.

Edited by sougatadc

Hi,

Yes, you are absolutely right, this handset doesn't support RUIM but you can still activate your TATA or Reliance no. on it. You just need to visit Tata Hub, to get your no. activated on to this handset. I will provide rest of the details later on.