Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sougatadc

Incoming Call Problem on Tata Indicom

Recently I've started to face a new problem that sometimes my phone (Samsung Fascinate on TataIndicom postpaid) does not get incoming calls. I can make outgoing calls without any glitches. On the other hand I am receiving free Missed Calls Alert messages through which I come to know that somebody tried to call me.The caller gets the notification, “the called subscriber is busy on another call” but in reality my phone is in standby mode (not engaged in voice or data)when this happens. This is very annoying. I complained about this to TataIndicom. This issue is yet to be resolved. Once I was called from Hyderabad by TataIndicom's technical team and was advised to restart my phone which I already did number of times. Even their call could not reach me number of times.

Is it an A-key problem? I asked them about this, but they denied. Is there any software problem, the newly launched free missed call alert service is doing any nuisance? I cannot press them hard as my phone is an imported one and having E$N of my earlier handset.

Can anybody help on this, please?

I am also facing same problem as sougata ji in HTC Incredible but only in certain places in Delhi like Okhla Ph-III , Some areas in Janakpuri, etc.

In most other places it works fine.

I checked with other tata phones at the problematic places but they were working fine.

What could be the reason. A-key / SSD Mismatch ?

Can anybody help.

^

If there is a A-key/SSD Mismatch, you will not be able to make outgoing calls....

So it seems there is no problem with your Akey so dont even think of touching that section.

Even I am facing the problem that people can't call me and I get a missed call alert message. It is a network problem in Delhi wherever there is low signal. Nothing to do with your handset or Akey. :)

You can check your signal level using soft available on android. just search in the android market.

• Like 2

:previous:

Yes, 100% correct... +1 to you...

I agree with gaurang but how do you explain that all other hansets using tata are working fine in the same places.

I tried adjusting ACCOLC

manually inserted all the 20 sets of SID/NID pairs for Tata.

Did a *228 and sucessfully downloaded PRL 00001 into the phone

But no improvement.

BTW my old Touchpro is performing fine in those places.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Also signal strength at my office in Okhla Ph-III is about -75dbm which is quite good.

Even then my phone remains unreachable at my office most of the time.

When I try to make a call, it sometimes takes more than 90 secs for call to get negotiated which is also very high.

The phenomenon still remains unanswered.