Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

MTS Launches ½ Paisa Plan With Lifetime Validity

MTS Launches ½ Paisa / Second Plan with LIFETIME Validity

MTS the CDMA Mobile service of SSTL today announced an exciting Value Maximizer offer for its prospective customers across Maharashtra & Goa which provides ½ paisa/second tariff plan for "LIFETIME' on all local calls without any condition.

With this plan MTS subscriber can make local calls to any network of Mumbai, Maharashtra and Goa just at ½ paisa/second . While STD calls will be charged for 1p/sec.

This plan is valid for Life Time and available for New Prepaid customers at one time charges of Rs. 799 whereas subscriber will get Rs. 200 Talk Time and an MTS CDMA Handset.

Ashoo Sethi, Chief Operating Officer, Mumbai, Maharashtra & Goa Circle, SSTL stated "MTS having launched its new global brand identity is committed to be 'A Step Ahead'.

In sync with this brand philosophy we are excited to bring special offer for the customers of Maharashtra & Goa circle. The offer includes providing unconditional ½ paisa/second tariff plan for lifetime on all local calls along with Rs. 200 Talk Time and an MTS Handset for just Rs. 799."

Source: Telecomtalk

Sounds awesome, but any idea about the handset they are offering?

Great proposition :clap: will make going mobile more affordable to the masses.

great offer.... but which handset they are providing ???

Could not find this on MTS website, might be not updated yet.

I was told by MTS CC that you can choose from either MTS Striker or from 2 Models of MTS ZTE handset for this offer.

Exact model number was not showing in their system. Visit the nearest MTS Gallery or reseller.

HOPE RELIANCE DOES SOME MAGIC TRICK AFTER SEEING THIS

Friends

MTS Already launched this service in UP. Handsets have MTS logo

one thing is very clear they are very aggressive

Another offer from MTS, just when I connected my MTS prepaid connection, offer flashed:-

Unlimited Internet for MTS day on 26/03/2011 for MBlaze & MBrowse prepaid customers.

Though I couldn't find any such offer on their website.

Yes.

same offer flashed in my case also.

Whichever handset they offer does not matter at all!!! Buy the handset, use it for around 6 months and then shift to a OMH handset. The offer is too good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mts as a service is good in marketing and new offers something reliance should learn

Infact it is important to mention that MTS is the only CDMA operator who have gained subscribers after MNP unlike reliance and tata

:previous:

Yes... Only MTS seems to be seriously focused on CDMA business...

:previous:

Yes... Only MTS seems to be seriously focused on CDMA business...

Obviously, they have a CDMA business ONLY unlike a Tata or Reliance. So they don't have anything else to focus on.

BTW, MTS network in Delhi NCR region is not good. Voice clarity is not there for MTS to Reliance CDMA calls or MTS to Airtel calls. Data download speed on mblaze is very poor. So, not many shops here are selling MTS handsets or e-recharge.

:previous: Well my experience with MTS has been good in delhi, voice clarity is as good as RCDMA, with cheaper tariffs, what i like is their flexibility of plans and half pasie network ..... MTS rocks :GirandoOjos:

:previous: Well my experience with MTS has been good in delhi, voice clarity is as good as RCDMA, with cheaper tariffs, what i like is their flexibility of plans and half pasie network ..... MTS rocks :GirandoOjos:

MTS has shown reliance and TATA are really fools It has infused enthusiasm in CDMA segment so in my opinion

wrong criticism should be avoided

The problem with Reliance and Tata was that they themselves never strongly believed in CDMA. They were always looking at the earliest opportunity to jump on to the GSM bandwagon. In the process they lost out on important marketing and advertising strategies which could have highlighted the advantages of CDMA over GSM (I agree there are a few disadvantages too, but nevertheless). Nowadays Tata Indicom is so aggressive on Radio City in Bangalore highlighting the advantages of 800Mhz spectrum. If these strategies would have been adopted earlier, it would have been a close fight between CDMA and GSM. Anyway RCOM is still sleeping.

In the end CDMA turned out to be orphan kids with no Godfather. Now MTS is trying to save the orphan kid. Lets see whether their attempt bears fruit. All the best to MTS anyway.

@ Vinayak

Spectrum in the 800 Mhz have largely been exhausted and the Tatas and Reliance have put on hold their plans to roll out high speed wireless Internet services due to a crunch in spectrum availability in other alternative bands 450 MHz and 1900 MHz. This is one of the reasons which prompted them to jump stables.

with the Rs.799/- plan incl. Rs.200/- TT and 1/2 paisa per second, the micromax handset looks attracive compared to zte. I have booked one.

I think its watered down c2i from micromax

Edited by copperco2

graet offer,

But very sorry for MTS,

Tring to looting from existing subscriber , as they have recharge separately for getting 1/2paisa tariff.

they shud also come up with some RCV for existing subs also.

Basic handset offerd used MTS brands are from Haeir, ZTE and micromax, - these handset are worth Money.

After few month they can for OMH handset from market.

MTS Rocks..

In coverage: similar to rcom

In voice plans: greaat.. I've got a prepaid plan where i won't pay beyond 29 paise per minute without any monthly packs.

No network congestion at all.

In data plans: s**ks.. Unless you buy their handsets like buzz etc.

In TN, when u do 198 and 52 recharges together, they both add up

198 is for 0.29/min local 0.49/min for STD for LIFETIME

52 is Mcard 4 lifetime 1 Paise/sec

So, Yo`ll be charged 1 P/sec upto 29 seconds in the first min and 29 p/min in the successive mins..