Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
leo4luv

Mobile Internet on Reliance CDMA

Hi friends,

This is regarding mobile internet charges on Reliance CDMA. As per their website following are the charges for Mobile Internet:

Default Plan: 50p/1MB per session, Day Pass Rs. 10/25MB 24hr validity, Monthly Plans: Rs. 299/Download & Browsing allowed (Content charges separate), Rs. 99/Only Browsing allowed,Rs.199/750MB,Rs.99/300MB. 50p/1MB per session would be charged beyond quota. Network Usage charges of 5p/10kb apply for all the above plans.

Suppose I subscribe to Rs. 99/300 MB plan. After NUC my total usage charges will be (1024/10)*5p*300 = Rs. 1536+99 = Rs. 1635 :Ohhhh::Ohhhh:

I don't know if I am missing anything in my calculation but seriously this ain't going to keep them in business for long given the tariffs like this. :NOTriste::NOTriste: There are better 3G plans available in market now which are far more competitively priced.

100% i agree with you, thats exactly the problem. see i have airtel where they offer 2gb for Rs.99 on edge network. but on our evdo surely they can charge more with gb limit. immediatly reliance should take steps to improve on all fronts as customer has got new weapon of number portability.

why are u multiplying by 300??

it is like this--suppose u use 301MB.

Then, for first 300MB - it will cost u 99/-

Then, for next 1 MB --it will be charges as 5p/10kb or 5/MB (approx)

so total for 301MB will be approx 99+5 =104

This is ridiculous, just confirmed with Customer support, INR 99 plan is for unlimited browsing and additional Network usage charges of 5p/10kb would be applicable.

We need to pay NUC even after subscribing for 99 plan.

On foreign handset beter use netconnect plans

Though i am not aware of Netconnect Plans for preapid, on default u will be charged 60p/min

On Rworld Plans u need to pay NUC

Which makes no sense to subribing those plans

why are u multiplying by 300??

it is like this--suppose u use 301MB.

Then, for first 300MB - it will cost u 99/-

Then, for next 1 MB --it will be charges as 5p/10kb or 5/MB (approx)

so total for 301MB will be approx 99+5 =104

That's the problem buddy.. the NUC is in addition to the plan you subscribe to. :Equivocado:

can someone plz tell me if the NUC charges are there for windows mobile plans as well??

Tata Indicom is much better, much transparent on this count :grin:

No NUC, nothing. Just subscribe for the internet, use it and pay for it. That's it. No back-biting like Reliance.

Netconnect plans, as suggested by Parin, is also too costly, 60p/minute :'(

called CC they said for L1 plan there are no network usage charges.so 99 would mean unlimited. but they will not give any new L1 plans. any one has an L1 plan which is working without NUC? please comfirm because i heard before that L1 doesnt work anymore. the CC said u can only browse thru R word which i think is a proxy server.

^

You are correct. L1 is limited to 100 MB free now and no NUC only for Rworld proxy based internet.

Due to their stupid plan for CDMA and no response for any requests from lots of users regarding the NUC charges. I just ported my number to Reliance GSM.

My data plan post paid rs 99 per month- 2.5 gb free.. No hidden charges. No matter you use it in phone or through pc unless you are using less than 2.5 gb its free!

They asked me when i was doing MNP whats the reason. I told them the data plan thing and they were like, in a few months new plans will come! I was like this is the same story since the beginning.

Only one issue.. Network is not that great compared to CDMA. If this irresponsible company had proper business executives they could have made CDMA a lot better.

i agree to you completely, without doubt reliance cdma has one of the best network coverage across nation but their services and same cold response for their customers makes them switchover to another service provider many for the same reason.Within my group many have changed their services from reliance to airtel and vodafone mainly because of their data charges.Hope reliance can comeout with better options for us before many opts to choose another operator.

it would be of great help if can you provide following APN setting details for Reliance CDMA

Name:

APN:

Proxy:

Port:

username:

password:

Server:

MMSC:

MMS proxy:

MMS port:

MMS protocol:

MCC: