Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

India Against Corruption - Parivartan

Supreme Court Issues Notice To Centre on Ramdev's Eviction

Source

NEW DELHI: Taking suo motu cognisance of forceful eviction of yoga guru Baba Ramdev and his followers from the Ramlila grounds here, the Supreme Court on Monday sought the Centre's response on the incident.

A vacation bench of justices B S Chauhan and Swatenter Kumar issued notices to the Union home secretary, chief secretary of Delhi, Delhi administration, and Delhi police commissioner asking them to respond within two weeks.

The court asked them to reply as to what were the circumstances under which the people had to be dispersed at midnight by the use of force.

The court posted the matter for hearing in the second week of July.

However, the court declined to entertain a petition filed by advocate Ajay Aggarwal on the issue.

The bench expressed its displeasure that before the matter came up for hearing before it, the entire contents of the petition were leaked to the media.

Police had cracked down on Baba Ramdev and thousands of his supporters at Ramlila Maidan on Saturday night, forcibly ending their hunger strike on corruption and black money issues.

• Like 1

Bingo! I don't know why everyone blames only politicians. In the end we get what exactly we deserve. We elect those who are not fit to rule by any yardstick, and then we pretend to cry foul. And the entertainment continues.

Did they deserve this? and if this is ENTERTAINMENT, do complete the picture in following images...

Tehelka was the first media network to reach Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital in New Delhi to find out the condition of the injured in the late-night police action against Baba Ramdev's supporters at a time when the government alleged that no serious injuries had been reported.

The reporter Revati Laul was speaking with the injured when the Chief Medical Officer of the hospital asked her to leave, despite the fact that the injured wanted to give testimonials of the police brutality they faced. Tehelka photographer Naveesh Tejpal was not allowed inside the hospital building with his camera. Therefore, the correspondent had to take these pictures on her mobile phone. They serve as evidence of police brutality. One woman, Rajbala, is critically injured with multiple fractures to her spine and all four limbs paralysed; two others have got serious head injuries. More than 60 people who were injured were admitted to this hospital.

1.jpg

Rajbala, critically injured in the cervical spine, all four limbs paralysed, at LNJP hospital. She is a yoga teacher from Gurgaon, Haryana, and was fasting on 4 June with everyone else at the Ramlila Maidan

2.jpg

Note from a doctor at the LNJP Hospital, describing Rajbala's injuries in writing

3.jpg

Sunil Kumar at the LNJP Hospital. He got skull fracture. He claims that the police blocked most exits of the Ramlila Maidan

4.jpg

Ravindar Singh from Himachal Pradesh. He is injured in the head and stomach. He says he became victim of the police cane-charge

• Like 2

Baba Ramdev, IMHO is a multi-crore comedian trying hard to make a publicity stunt.

If you've observed during Anna Hazare's campaign videos, his overtures to capture focus of video cameras are clearly visible.

Saffron brigade which has completely become outdated in current India is trying to piggy back on this foolish man. It's like Nokia-Microsoft collusion.

It's terrible that when entire focus should have been on Lokpal bill drafting, due to this comedian's egoistic intervention the entire movement has lost its focus.

I feel it's time for Anna Hazare's team to refocus on Lokpal instead of wasting time in this non-sense.

What the entire political spectrum(Congres,BJP,Communists etc.,) wanted has been achieved by using Baba Ramdev as pawn.....Shifting focus out of Lokpal draft.........

What is the necessity for this comedian to start this one when another campaign(Lokpal) was struggling to meet its target?????

What are we to gather from the happenings over past few days - the constituent members of the UPA will be most tainted if the black money stashed abroad comes out, nothing else explains the why UPA is shying away from taking solid action against corruption.

The gruesome attack on Baba Ramdev and other protesters is like they say, a blot on democracy and liberty.

P.S Digvijay Singh is a moron.

• Like 1

P.S Digvijay Singh is a moron.

+ 10,000 to that.. Like it.. :) Unfortunately Mommy & Toddler goes by his advice...

@Kesav yes I also thought that Ramdev's way of protest was wrong moreover some of his demands are nonsensical. But the way the government has treated his protests is shockingly undemocratic. First try to bribe then try to beat. Also I must say the BJP and communists have not oppposed the Lokpal. It is mostly the Congress which is getting worried as it has the most skeletons in closet.

So much has happened and still the government is not making a single strong statement against corruption. Taking action is distant.

This shows a govt for the corrupt and by the corrupt. It is not at all serious on the issue of getting back black money.

According to several economists and financial experts, bank deposits in the territory of Switzerland by nationals of India total upwards of $1.4 billion. That is close to the nominal GDP of India today. IT kind of gives credence to the widely held belief that $1.456 trillion of Indian money is parked in Swiss bank vaults.

source

And this government is super quick in revising fuel prices and ending subsidies on LPG, CNG and diesel. While theres no need to end subsidy if they have a roadmap to get back the money.

@Kesav yes I also thought that Ramdev's way of protest was wrong moreover some of his demands are nonsensical. But the way the government has treated his protests is shockingly undemocratic. First try to bribe then try to beat. Also I must say the BJP and communists have not oppposed the Lokpal. It is mostly the Congress which is getting worried as it has the most skeletons in closet.

I don't think govt ever wanted to beat/harm anybody in the stage....Only protesters in the stage wanted to create scene by pelting stones(what type of sathyagraha is it??)......

It was really developing in to a security mess by involvement of outdated saffron forces....Just think why Mayawati didn't allow Ramdev to enter UP....it's a security issue......

IMHO, eviction happened with utmost care.....

We must applaud Govt for evicting such non-sense from the capital with very little collateral issues.....

Corruption is a virus and must be eradicated through people's movement.

The first step is Lokpal draft....The people's movement must not be allowed loose focus on it.....

Once Lokpal bill passed, Anna's team can take up next issue.

Let then Baba Ramdev do his fast in Haridwar in his multi-crore ashram for bringing back black money.

I can bet nobody will ever turn up if he does it in his Ashram by looking at the luxuriant atmosphere prevailing there.

I can say with conviction that more than 80% of the donations given to God and Godmen are black money.

The most damages due to Lokpal will happen to BJP(especially in Karnataka) and that's the primary reason they want to dilute Lokpal movement with help of Saffron handlers.

If BJP was sincere, why didn't their state governments reply to centre's questionnaire on Lokpal???

Is it not delaying tactics???

IMHO, each and every political party in equal measure is scared of Lokpal.

Each one trying to sabotage the movement by their own time tested tactics.

Congress by sending questionnaire ....

BJP by supporting Ramdev's antics......

Edited by kesav

why all India while discussing any issues talk about luxury, money, empire etc? What is the value of person who has not accumulated wealth of fame, repute and money? Person who has accumulated all three has more impact on society. Also for any movement money, publicity and public support are three key elements. Even Gandhiji - after coming to India, first thing he did was collect money from his supporter to buy press. With those two he could get third element - i.e. public support.

Look at the people around even Anna Hazare? He is surrounded by all rich - rather stinking rich people. They may or may not be bad or wrong but this how we know to perceive. Thats why almost every one talk about Ramdev's empire in terms of its money, luxury is another dimension of money only. Why such paradox? Whats so wrong in luxury - if earned by own caliber and hard work?? If donation given by people is so callled black money why bother, ideally speaking money is always earned by exploitation - Hope I am not touching hornets nest by this statement !!!!!

Also in my opinion money remained in our country is not black money but it becomes black as soon as they leave Indian Shore.

Money in economy is money in any ways you look at. Just because one government department say that money which you are talking about is not known to us, its black money its nonsense.

By this yard stick all unknown storage of gold, silver, precious stones since centuries must not have any value and must be declared BLACK money by IT department.

Our concern should be that in democracy every one has right to express their opinion within constitutional limitations and also has right to protest. Government also has right to refuse / withdraw permission due to various concerns. But no one has right to violence. Be it government of people.

• Like 4

Also in my opinion money remained in our country is not black money but it becomes black as soon as they leave Indian Shore.

I plead to differ with this wrong interpretation of black money.....

Any undeclared money is black money...either it's in India or Abroad.....

Black money rolling within India is much devastatingly harmful than those rolling outside.....

Let us not forget that fundamentally those money stashed outside is going to come back to India in one bad way or other....

At least you've the option to get the details of money parked outside but it becomes very very difficult to account for the black money which has already been seeded back in India....

Black money will only grow weeds and not rice.......

There must be full stop for this distinction between black money inside or outside.....

Black money is a black money and it's always detrimental wherever it's hedged....

Our concern should be that in democracy every one has right to express their opinion within constitutional limitations and also has right to protest. Government also has right to refuse / withdraw permission due to various concerns. But no one has right to violence. Be it government of people

Absolutely.....Ramdev should have wound of the protest immediately the permission was withdrawn. His group does not have any right to attack the police....

Despite the different point of views, let us remain focused on draft Lokpal bill which is vital for fight against corruption. The focus should never get disturbed despite this comical drama by Ramdev.

Edited by kesav

Did they deserve this? and if this is ENTERTAINMENT, do complete the picture in following images...

Dude, I was commenting with the big picture in mind, and you are commenting on specifics. When I say the electorate gets what it deserves, it does not automatically follow that politicians are absolved of all evil.

How/why do politicians even like Digvijay Sing get to be in government? And thats giving just a worst case example.

I agree with what Kshah said somewhere above - whatever stance someone may have about Ramdev, the Govt's action is worthy only of condemnation, and it should be made accountable for its actions.

• Like 2

I don't think govt ever wanted to beat/harm anybody in the stage....Only protesters in the stage wanted to create scene by pelting stones(what type of sathyagraha is it??)......

It was really developing in to a security mess by involvement of outdated saffron forces....Just think why Mayawati didn't allow Ramdev to enter UP....it's a security issue......

IMHO, eviction happened with utmost care.....

We must applaud Govt for evicting such non-sense from the capital with very little collateral issues.....

Corruption is a virus and must be eradicated through people's movement.

The first step is Lokpal draft....The people's movement must not be allowed loose focus on it.....

Once Lokpal bill passed, Anna's team can take up next issue.

Let then Baba Ramdev do his fast in Haridwar in his multi-crore ashram for bringing back black money.

I can bet nobody will ever turn up if he does it in his Ashram by looking at the luxuriant atmosphere prevailing there.

I can say with conviction that more than 80% of the donations given to God and Godmen are black money.

The most damages due to Lokpal will happen to BJP(especially in Karnataka) and that's the primary reason they want to dilute Lokpal movement with help of Saffron handlers.

If BJP was sincere, why didn't their state governments reply to centre's questionnaire on Lokpal???

Is it not delaying tactics???

IMHO, each and every political party in equal measure is scared of Lokpal.

Each one trying to sabotage the movement by their own time tested tactics.

Congress by sending questionnaire ....

BJP by supporting Ramdev's antics......

you looks like a leader/agent of congress....

no person in universe is perfect, same applied to baba and anna but the way congress is behaving is highly undemocratic.

and look carefully the videos of the ramlila ground, police is beating people and one lady has broken her spinal cord.

even supreme court has issued notice to govt, delhi police for this, then how can can u support this type of action in midnight .......

No political party in India is clean but congress is dirtiest among all.

I will never vote for congress...

and moreover our PM, he shows utter strange behaviour like slaves.

apologies to kshah, my post was intended to kesav

• Like 5

The basic point is corruption vs anti corruption.

Not you vs me, not Congress vs BJP, not Anna vs Ramdev.

We might not support Ramdev's way of launching his agitation, but then we must not support how the government of democratic country silences protests. Whatever be Ramdev's intentions, whatever black white money he has, his demands were correct i.e. declare black money as national property and bring it back.

This saffron vs secular nonsense is now a dead horse. Do not flog it up. It does not matter if Ramdev is pro Hindutva or anti Hindutva. What matters is he is anti corruption.

Anyone can see the UPA is afraid to bow down to Ramdev or Anna because it sets precedent where democratically elected government has to listen to unelected civil society.

The Congress has ruled India for the most duration. In turn, it has accumulated the most wealth. It has the most to fear.

The centre's questionnaire is a bluff. No political party would be willing to respond to it. No point in slating the BJP. Even the communist parties have lambasted it. The government views the lokpal as a completely different body than what the civic society wants.

Please let us not heap mud on Ramdev or anyone else who is working on this anti corruption movement. I do not care if Ramdev is a saint or a con man. I do not care if he has black money. All I know is that he is asking for black money to be seized. If he has black money and willingly taking this risk then kudos.

I am fed up like many Indians about this pro people government, India rising, India shining, Bharat Nirman, when all that actually happens is Neta rising, Neta shining. There has never been inclusive growth and there never will.

Heck if Hitler was doing a satyagraha now for anti corruption I would support him.

• Like 3

@amitnsonu, your statement is heavily loaded and it's uncalled for.....

For the dignity of the forum, I decide to ignore......

I want to specifically articulate the point that this entire Baba Ramdev non-sense was hatched by saffron forces.

Today we've the video of meeting between Ramdev and RSS leaders before his so called "fast" at Delhi.

I whole-heartedly endorse this eviction. That's best possible thing to do under the circumstances....

India just can't withstand another Ayodhya or Anti-Godhra......

@dipanlahiri, I respect your view that path is not important but the goal is. I do have many friends who share this point of view. They feel as long as goal is noble the path doesn't matter.

But, I strongly object and condemn this school of thought. IMHO, path is more important than goal is. If you've noble path you'll always have a noble goal.

I can never even in dream endorse the position that people leading life out of black money crying to bring back black money. Just unacceptable.......

Again, I want to refocus on the real need of the hour.....Drafting of powerful Lokpal bill....Certainly not these crappy things......

The plan of all political parties is to divide the entire nation straight at the middle by enacting this non-sense.

Please don't fall prey to this wicked idea of political parties.......

Are you expecting me to believe that BJP & Congress has not spoken among themselves in the back doors to derail the Lokpal????

Come on ...Just apply your thoughts on to your emotions......

Kesav I do not believe the path is not important. Both the path and the goal are equally important. But I fail to see why Ramdev's path is any worse than Anna's. Both are non violent agitations with an agenda, both are so called satyagrahis, both are unelected civil society members trying to impose their thoughts of anti corruption on the elected government. One has a cleaner image, the other is more media savvy and outspoken. One has following among middle classes, the other has mostly rural mass based support. Their goals are same or similar.

Why are you so bothered if RSS or any pro Hindutva leader attends Ramdev's meeting. This is a fact that is being highlighted by the Congress as if it is a crime. I stand to be corrected but has Ramdev put this anti corruption onus only on one religion and barred other religions from attending the fasts meetings etc.?

I never have voted the BJP or the Congress never will. I feel very strongly about secular harmony in India and remember Godhra. But I feel very strongly about pseudo secularity and tying up with caste based parties too. If you want to tarnish BJP on Hindutva I will point out Congress wooing caste votes in the cow belt.

I think the basic point is pro vs anti corruption. Any one supporting anti corruption in their own way is doing a good job and I will continue to support them. These are voluntary protests Ramdev did not force people to attend neither did Anna so I do not think anyone should question their ways as incorrect.

• Like 4

:previous:

Differences between Anna Hazare and Baba Ramdev are

Baba Ramdev is not clean -- He has built empire out of others'(specially politicians') black money

Baba Ramdev is egoistic -- He should have waited for passing of Lokpal bill

Baba Ramdev is illogical -- His most requests are comical and infeasible

Baba Ramdev is political -- There's absolutely no necessity to involve political parties

Baba Ramdev is conspirator -- conspired with saffron forces(many are political) to derail Lokpal

Baba Ramdev is violent -- the way his group behaved with police during eviction and also his meting with violent organisations like RSS before the so called "fast"

Baba Ramdev fast is Orchestrated -- It's not spontaneous

RSS/VHP and such organisations involvement in any movement have always ended up in worst violence our country has ever seen. It's better for meaningful civil society to stay away from such crooks.

Edited by kesav

^

True some of your points are valid but Ramdev is not opposed to the lokpal bill I think. Plus the government is anyway not going to allow Anna Hazare's version of the bill. Lastly nothing justifies the use of force to drive out the protesters.

There is a divergence of opinions here and before it becomes a full blown debate I would stop. We all want corruption free India.

• Like 1

we compare 2 persons when their aims are different, here anna and baba have same motive, even today anna has come to rajghat to protest aganst ramlila maidan tragedy.

then what is the point in comparing baba and anna ?

moreover baba may be owner of crores but he has earned it by doing hard work not by looting the public money (like corrupt politicians), millions of people in India and abroad are getting benefit by baba's yoga and medicine. what's wrong with it ?

i dont believe that baba has done anything violent, just because some rss leaders are present with baba ?

you must know that there were muslim leaders also there on the stage of ramlila ground,

now will u say that baba is also indulging islamic terrorism, just because some muslim leaders were there ?

• Like 1

Only if the government could be hacked. :( Shame on Congress.

Differences between the Final Lokpal Draft of Govt and Civil Society!! Released Today..

Go through the document and you will realise the Govt does not want an effective Lokpal... That was the most known SECRET anyway..

Link To Document >> http://www.scribd.co...Jan-Lokpal-Bill

Sigh... time to fast then? :GirandoOjos:

Why will the Govt. want an effective Lokpal bill? We are talking about removing the very incentive these scumbags have to get into Government. Surely nobody believes they come for public service? No way they will accept it unless they are forced to.

Edited by raccoon

yes i accepeted

WHY am I opening this topic? I waited for 2 days hoping this time someone else will start this topic and our beloved Rimweb will not be left aloof from the quite revolution sweeping the nation...

Please See, Share & Spread...

Bharat Mata ki jai...

I claim no moral high ground as I run an industry and have to feed these corrupt, as I have already commented elsewhere on this forum that NO business in India is running without feeding these corrupt anywhere in this country. But my anger is seething. I have tried to raise voices against these corrupt but was gifted with my licences being suspended. I have been made an enuch on seeing the faces of 200 people who depend on me for their livelihood; my family, my achievements in life, which I fear to loose. I am a sufferer as well as a perpetrator and I feel nothing short of a "french" style revolution will make any tangible change in this country...

We need laws as tough as in Singapore, where even a Taxi driver is afraid of being reported for over-charging. We need death penalties for severely corrupt. We need FEAR in the eyes of the corrupt not in the eyes of the corruptee. Launch raids against top 20-30 most corrupt Chief Minsters and Ministers immediately (my state included) and set a example of them. FEAR should percolate downwards, not the other way around as they want us to believe. Otherwise my Democracy would have failed me...

My link

got this in my facebook, hell of corruption amount.

so next phase of "anshan" is going to be start and govt is too afraid of Anna hazare....

how arrogant kapil sibbal is ?

these politician really think us as a junk and fools. he is asking anna hazare to contest election from chandni chowk (kapil sibbal's area).... in reply of the survey done by team anna hazare. and he said that "agar anna hazare fir se anshan karte hain to unka wahi haal hoga jo baba ramdev ka hua"

In my view all these people like anna hazare, kiran bedi, arvind kejriwal, anupam kher should contest election oppostie to main leaders of not only congress but against all political parties because no one is clean.

look at yeddyruppa.... arrogancy ki hadh hai yaar... chori aur seenazori.

and looking at the support to this movement I dont think any of these person from team anna will loose in election.

shame on congress.

I will request to all rimwebians to cast their vote this time very carefully