Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

India Against Corruption - Parivartan

Angry Birds.. One of the Most Popular Game Reincarnated As Angry Anna.. Play The Game Online.. >> http://www.angryanna.com/

Awesome! Much better cus it feels way better to kill those $#%@#& instead of poor pigz. :Kill: Vande Mataram! :hi2:

Government accept main three demand of Annaji.

Long way to go before we start congratulating each other!!

I hope something works this this time otherwise we might be left with no option but to go for a French Style Revolution, this time not against the autocracy but the bureaucracy!! Guillotine for all the corrupt, someone?

• Like 1

guys I feel this is just another EYEWASH from govt to break Anna ji's anshan...

nothing is going to happen after this.

Anna has to come again for another anshan..

• Like 1

I am happy that on honest men saved from death. Government have played its delaying ball. Now let's see what happen. This time WE THE PEOPLE have really behaved very maturedly. Congratulaton to US for being matured.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Half a victory is = zero victory. Though I find even the idea of victory and defeat to be ridiculous in a (so-called) democracy. Elected representatives HAVE TO bend to the will of the electorate. Where is the question of victory and defeat? Its quite a different matter that this does not seem to work in real with these rotten $!@% scum having the guts to even openly oppose the people who have elected them (I am not talking about legitimate concerns).

What I really liked is Anna advising the people to note in diaries what each representative spoke in parliament and and go thru it at election time. How on Earth do these people get re-elected unless people have amazingly faulty memory modules in their skulls?

Lets see if this half victory becomes zero victory soon and if these premature celebrations become a joke. I'd not trust politicians one bit.

Edited by raccoon

i have never voted for congress and probably never will but i liked the article

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics/nation/arundhati-roy-finds-fault-with-anna-hazare-campaign/articleshow/9694814.cms

since it provides some balance to the one sided debate -

its absurd to assume that corruption will end even if anna's bill is passed entirely - also while both sides want to reduce corruption, its the method / process which differs.

who will watch the watchdog?

there are dozens of laws already on the books to fight many types of corruption but the enforcement is missing entirely.

how do we enforce existing laws instead of just making more?

the argument can't simply be either you support the 'civil society' version of the bill or you must be corrupt yourself, that's just silly ...

george bush used this kind of argument after 9/11 - you are either with us or against us.

before that it was the 'sith' in star wars:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You're_either_with_us,_or_against_us

:censored3:

Indiatimes has compiled list of the 5 most corrupt ministers of UPA. They are

1. Shushilkumar Shinde
  2. S. M. Krishna
  3. Sharad Pawar
  4. Kapil Sibal
  5. Praful Patel

Incidentally, 3 are from Maharashtra and all are aware how corrupt they are... More details here..

Indiatimes has compiled list of the 5 most corrupt ministers of UPA. They are

1. Shushilkumar Shinde
  2. S. M. Krishna
  3. Sharad Pawar
  4. Kapil Sibal
  5. Praful Patel

Incidentally, 3 are from Maharashtra and all are aware how corrupt they are... More details here..

where are mr and mrs kurshid ??

The lastest scamsters..

^ because they are new entrants, their names will be appended in next list.. :P

But where is PC??? How can they miss him in this elite list???

Khurshid amount is so small that it cannot be even called 'penny' compare to others..

PC may not be there as there are neither evidence or nor any indication. so that may be the case. There are rumors that he is the father of scams..

BTW i have not compiled the list... :doh:

But where is PC??? How can they miss him in this elite list???

Sher kabhi chuho ke sath khada nahin raheta

we are missing our very own national dumb animal manua mms.. :)

• Like 1

I really feel pity when I see discussions like IAC, there are 'hot' debates on various news channels on the issue too, for 30 minutes or 1 hour you feel like 'that's it, India will be corruption free now', and when the show ends the participants switch on their ac and go to sleep. Its not that people support corruption, they fear corruption, if you don't bribe the officer, he will screw you, so a common man bribes out of fear. There are Anti Corruption Cells, but does it guarantee anonymity in a country like India where media is free to make stories and pass the buck?

Food for thought.

Does any Indian really can be corruption free, where from childhood we have been taught to give bribe to one or other person or deity for jobs?

We need to do lots of introspection, Anna just like gandhiji could not gather courage to face reality that TO BRING CHANGE IN SOCIETY GETTING INTO POLITICS IS MUST and getting into politics means loosing title of MAHATMA.

• Like 3

We need to do lots of introspection

Corruption stems from over-population which leads to empty stomachs, which in turn leads to difference in classes, which in turn leads to people with power and 100 times more without, which leads to lack of resources, which eventually cycles back to lead to corruption.

So root cause is our over-population. Kill half of it and corruption will disappear overnight. Till then there is NO solution.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II CDMA

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 2

It has nothing to do with population, trust me.

It is a mindset which unfortunately has set into the Indian psyche right from childhood. Otherwise, by that logic, each and every one of us should be corrupt. So what persuades one person from accepting a bribe / being corrupt and another from being free from those vices?

Regarding empty stomachs causing people to be corrupt, nothing can be further from the truth. Many a poor person continues to sustain his family through an honest days labour rather than succumb to the easy path out.

Most of us prefer the easier way out rather than the harder right. People dont mind jumping red lights, drunken driving etc fully secure in the feeling that a 500 rupee note would extract them from any "unpleasant" situation. When people are "willing" to pay, it is really difficult for the receiver to stand up and say no. After all, the argument would be, "I dont stand to gain anything even if I dont accept that bribe. Even if I do manage to make that person pay a fine/penalty, the same money is going to line some other leader's pocket. I might as well utilise it for my own personal benefit."

Another problem which is unique to India is that corruption knows no classes. Right from the top most leadership to the lower most clerk, every person seems to have a price. Other countries like China have ensured that only their leadership is corrupt which, even though not desirable, still allows companies to deal with just a certain set of people and know that their work would be done. In India, however, companies fear to tread since they are not even sure of how much would be the "facilitation fees" for any work to be undertaken.

The only way corruption can actually be weeded out is by ensuring that we ourselves do not add to the corrupt practices. How many of us are willing to stand in the queue or wait an extra hour so that our work can be done. Most prefer to grease the palm of the person controlling affairs so that "we" are not inconvenienced. The "we" includes many of the internet elite, who again turn up hordes to show support to Anna Hazare and co when they go on anti-corruption drives. How conveniently ironic.

Let us all take a pledge to not take a bribe nor give one ourselves. If we can spread this movement, corruption would die a slow but sure death. Nothing else can work

Regards

Rahul

• Like 3

So root cause is our over-population. Kill half of it and corruption will disappear overnight. Till then there is NO solution.

Which half do you propose to be eliminated? The Haves or the Have-nots... :devil2:

Which half do you propose to be eliminated? The Haves or the Have-nots... :devil2:

When disaster strikes it doesn't discriminate. Wait for 21st. :-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II CDMA

And Read blog of justice katju and responses. Full of Fun

We see around us, most of government leaders are involved in the corruption. We see day by day new about the corruption in the news. We should aware and select a good leader.

Where is our Anna these days ? Elections are coming, we need Anna.