Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

India Against Corruption - Parivartan

Signed, Thanks

Rooting for the cricket team doesnt matter, now is the time to show Your True Patriotism by fighting the evil corruption.

Signed

@dk, thanks

@hp, please upload draft asap

@all, if rimwebian here are interested in helping another big social deviding problem of unequal gender biased law - of which I am victim, I post draft letter to be mailed or posted to law commission.

An EXTREMELY important issue. With such laws we are equal only on paper. People who pass such laws should be guillotined. How they are allowed to become law itself is an outrage. I wish to remind RIMwebians that while lending so much support to Anna's movement, please also just go thru these biased laws and how they have been misused. If they do not bring a feeling of outrage in you then there is no hope. Do not wait until you or someone you care about is a victim. Until such laws exist, males are just 3rd class citizens in this holy land.

Can only hope that those outraged against corruption here will feel equally, if not more outraged by such laws and come out in support of kshah.

Signed... Shared on twitter, posted on FB wall, mailed to almost all my friends and telling about him to everyone now...

Also,mailed the link to all academic staff at IIT Kanpur.

Looking at the statements emanating from the government it just reminds me of two lines said by a poet;

Sahitya mein thook kar chatne ko vibhatsa ras mana gaya hai. Hamare rajneetigya ise veer ras ke sangya dete hain.

To liick your own spit is considered to be obnoxious (if someone has a better translation please tell me) stream of poetry, however, our politicians call it a bravery stream.

Signed.. Also posted on fb & twitter..

Ho gayi hai peer parvat si pighalni chaahiye

Is Himalay se koi Ganga nikalni chaahiye

Aaj ye deewaar pardo ki tarah hilne lagi

Shart lekin thi ke ye buniyaad hilni chaahiye

Har sadak par har gali mein har nagar har gaanv mein

Haath lahraate huye har laash chalni chaahiye

Sirf hungaama khada karna mera maksad nahi

Saari koshish hai ke ye soorat badalni chaahiye

Mere seene mein nahi to tere seene mein sahi

Ho kahin bhi aag lekin aag jalni chaahiye....

Signed and forwarded to friends and relatives...

Forwarded within office, 30K colleagues even if few act it should help.

Signed

@dk, thanks

@all, if rimwebian here are interested in helping another big social deviding problem of unequal gender biased law - of which I am victim, I post draft letter to be mailed or posted to law commission.

An EXTREMELY important issue. With such laws we are equal only on paper. People who pass such laws should be guillotined. How they are allowed to become law itself is an outrage. I wish to remind RIMwebians that while lending so much support to Anna's movement, please also just go thru these biased laws and how they have been misused. If they do not bring a feeling of outrage in you then there is no hope. Do not wait until you or someone you care about is a victim. Until such laws exist, males are just 3rd class citizens in this holy land.

Can only hope that those outraged against corruption here will feel equally, if not more outraged by such laws and come out in support of kshah.

Thanks. Will PM u draft tomorrow. Kindly mail if not more 1 reply. I can't force any one as we all are victim of corruption directly. Gender biased law strikes only once in life time. New proposed work place laws are equally dangerous.

Yes this is the time..

Everyone including me was angered against corruption in the system and at higher levels but was restrained to do anything.

Now we got a way so don't look back. Share all info here so that each one can do his/her bit of protest. Raise ur Voice.

1. Vote against Corruption

2. Where to join d fight:

[size="3"][size="3"]Join Anna Hazare fight against corruption in your city at following places and time:
Delhi: Jantar Mantar - all day
Mumbai: Azad Maidan - 11 am
Bangalore: Freedom park -11 am
Hyderabad: Indira park - 9:30 am
Jammu: Jammu university - 11 am
Srinagar: Lal Chowk - 6 pm
Chennai: Thakkar Baba Vidyalaya, T Nagar - 9:30 am
Bhopal: Shahjane park - 11 am
Ahemdabad: Town Hall - 11 am, 'Art of living' gathering at 7 pm for a candle light vigil at Vastrapur lake, candle light vigil in front of Gujarat college at 8 pm
Thiruvananthapuram: Civil society gathering at secretariat for citizens against corruption movement
Chandigarh: Sector-17 - 4 pm
Pune: Pune Municipal Corporation - 11 am onwards.
Jaipur: Civil rights activists to plan demonstrations against removal of corruption.
Guwahati: Digolhipukhuri 6 pm Friday
Kolkata: Candle light vigil at 7 pm at Esplanade, Park street - 8 pm[/size][/size]

People Power has won... in Just 4 Days Time..

First Time in Independent India's History... A Bill/Act will be Drafted Jointly By the Govt. and People..

Government has accepted formation of a Joint Committee with 5 Govt & 5 Civil Society Representative to Prepare the Draft of the Lokpal Bill..

Pranav Mukherjee Chairman From Govt... Shanti Bhushan Co-Chairman From Civil Side...

Committee Will Draft the Bill Before 30th June 2011... To be introduced in Monsoon Session of Parliament...

Govt. will announce a Formal Notification/Order Tomorrow after which Anna Hazare is expected to Break his fast at 10 A.M....

Signed

@dk, thanks

Thanks. Will PM u draft tomorrow. Kindly mail if not more 1 reply. I can't force any one as we all are victim of corruption directly. Gender biased law strikes only once in life time. New proposed work place laws are equally dangerous.

Please do that. Seems not a single other person has supported you. Right now its "fashionable" to support the corruption issue, so thats what everyone is busy with. But there are n+1 other issues which need addressing. People, esp. Indians seem to have amazing levels of tolerance. India has always been a very corrupt country. Its only when things reached gargantuan proportions that people have stated to take notice. It seems every one needs flogging to wake up. The shadow of the whip is never enough. Most are too busy dozing to bother noticing.

What is interesting is that while females have become very active and feminist, males are dozing. In fact "feminist" is not the right word, as it connotes equal rights for women and we are in a society were men have legally, quietly been relegated to 2nd class citizens. Equal rights my foot. The Indian constitution is a sham.

As for the corruption issue, bills and laws can only go so far... Lets see what happens after the euphoria dies down.

Edited by raccoon

@kshah I had missed this post, please PM the draft to me too I want equality for humans based on actions not bias based on gender.

@raccoon no offence but it is harsh to brand everyone's participation as "fashionable", it is too generic a statement to make. Sure people need goading to take a stand, but I am sure most of us feel connected to this movement from within, it is just that the masses always take a back seat and wait for leaders but that does not mean the efforts or involvement is not genuine. The point is, there would be few who support because they believe, there would be few who support because they hop onto the gravy train. But it is vital to take everyone's support together rather than questioning the rationale behind support. If you would highlight the other n+1 issues e.g. like one that kshah has, I am sure many people would at least voice their opinions on, if not outright support, your cause. We Indians as a society crib too much and view everything with suspicion yet do not do anything to change the things we do not like, it is one thing to be pragmatic, quite another to be pessimistic. Rant over, sorry if I have hurt anyone's emotions, unintended.

Edited by digitalnirvana
  • Like 2

Anna Hazare and India's war against corruption

annareuters.jpg

How has a fasting 72-year-old ex-army man turned social activist managed to captivate middle-class India's imagination and get the beleaguered government on the ropes? Why have thousands of people rallied around Anna Hazare to demand tough new anti-corruption laws?

Well, the answers are simple enough. Indians are fed up of sleaze - the country has been rocked by a string of corruption scandals in the past few months. Mr Hazare is a calm man of unimpeachable integrity with a pleasing smile. He has a track record of fighting corruption in Maharashtra - one of India's most corrupt states. Evoking Gandhi's example, he has become a rallying point for the burgeoning anti-corruption fight and the infuriated middle classes. And there is no greater symbol of coercive non-violent protest in India than a fast - again a Gandhian legacy - however much this form of protest may have been debased in recent years by some politicians who snack surreptitiously while on "hunger strike".

Mr Hazare's tactics appear astute. He has now upped the ante, exhorting his followers to "fill India's jail" - again a throwback to Gandhi - in a mass campaign of civil disobedience. It is clear Mr Hazare is not about to ease the pressure. His fast, played out in the full glare of 24/7 news television, is a significant moment in India's largely jaded fight against corruption. The middle classes have responded, happy there are no politicians taking part. For most Indians, politicians, unfortunately, epitomise all that is wrong with the country. Two politicians were turned away from the site of the fast at Jantar Mantar, a historic Delhi observatory, by irate campaigners.

The fast has also had a bizarre side, with assorted Bollywood stars, controversial gurus and publicity hungry lawyers flocking to the stage. There have been also excited and absurd claims that this could be India's Tahrir Square moment.

Anna Hazare has made enough sacrifices to earn the leadership of this powerful protest - most Indians feel their politicians have conspired to remain silent about rampant corruption. The last time corruption was an issue in election was in 1989 when a minister in the Congress government quit against alleged kickbacks in a defence deal, and became a rallying point for the opposition.

But commentators like Pratap Bhanu Mehta eloquently warn that "sometimes a sense of unbridled virtue can also subvert democracy". They say that the Jan Lokpal Bill (Citizen's Ombudman Bill) that the activists want will amount to an anti-corruption institution vested with draconian powers. They ask: Why do we think that this institution will be corruption-free?

Corruption is a complex malaise in India. It is rooted in opaque and badly-run institutions that have been fostered and tolerated over the years. Then there is the stifling, post-colonial bureaucracy. Everyone knows the warped government policies, like misplaced food and energy subsidies, are open to abuse. Add to that the failure to reform India's election system with its shadowy private funding of candidates, many of whom have criminal records. And many people - some now protesting against corruption - have become habitual bribe givers to navigate the system they have lost faith in. More cynicism has bred more corruption. It's not clear how far Mr Hazare's campaign will go - but setting up an citizen's ombudsman will not be the end of corruption. There's much more to do.

9 April 2011 Last updated at 01:26 GMT

India activist Anna Hazare to end hunger strike

Indian corruption activist Anna Hazare has vowed to end his hunger strike, after ministers agreed to all of his demands.

_52080470_52080468.jpg

Anna Hazare said his success was a victory for the people of India

The 72-year-old campaigner is is pushing for tough anti-corruption laws, and has gained huge public support.

He demanded that the committee drafting the new law be made up of activists as well as politicians. The government said it had agreed to the request.

In recent months India has been rocked by a string of corruption scandals.

A former telecom minister is awaiting trial after being accused of siphoning off billions of dollars from fraudulent sales of telecom licences.

And Indians were shocked when allegations emerged that apartments in Mumbai intended for war widows were in fact given to civil servants.

Last month the head of the country's anti-corruption watchdog was forced to resign by the Supreme Court on the grounds that he himself faced corruption charges.

Correspondents say Mr Hazare has rallied people across the country disillusioned with the recent spate of scandals - he is highly respected as a social activist with an untarnished reputation.

Senior politicians including the governing Congress party leader Sonia Gandhi had urged Mr Hazare to give up his fast.

But he kept on going, and eventually persuaded the government to give in to his demands.

"I will end my fast on Saturday - it's a victory for the people of India," he told reporters amid cheers from thousands of his supporters in Delhi.

He is due to end the hunger strike at 1000 (0430 GMT) on Saturday.

_52080831_52080830.jpg

Thousands turned up to support Mr Hazare's campaign

The sticking point had been the make-up of a committee in charge of drafting the law.

The government had agreed to a 50-50 split between politicians and activists.

But Mr Hazare wanted the committee to be co-chaired, rather than just having an individual politician in charge.

Kapil Sibal, a federal minister who negotiated on behalf of the government, said a formal order would now be issued setting up the committee as Mr Hazare demanded.

"Whatever is required to be done will be done by June 30 so that the draft legislation is introduced in parliament," he said.

@digitalnirvana +1 mate... You said the same things i was about to....

Seems not a single other person has supported you. Right now its "fashionable" to support the corruption issue, so thats what everyone is busy with. But there are n+1 other issues which need addressing. People, esp. Indians seem to have amazing levels of tolerance. India has always been a very corrupt country. Its only when things reached gargantuan proportions that people have stated to take notice. It seems every one needs flogging to wake up. The shadow of the whip is never enough. Most are too busy dozing to bother noticing.

Equal rights my foot. The Indian constitution is a sham.

@raccoon My Dear Friend... Why blame Indian Constitution if ANGRY BIRDS is still not playing at all on your PC or playing not satisfactorily on your LG Optimus One... I did try to put up the whole guide in that topic...Lolz...

• Like 1

25% of battle won. govt agrees to Hazare demands. but now govt should proceed for Lokpal Bill as soon as possible and should be implemented without any diktat. we have many powerful laws, but implementation is the biggest issue.

Sahitya mein thook kar chatne ko vibhatsa ras mana gaya hai. Hamare rajneetigya ise veer ras ke sangya dete hain.

Proved dead right if you saw Renuka Chowdhry and Sibbal on the box yesterday, trying to glorify an abject surrender.

Even the Gazette Notification has come today.

Showed all sceptics what was the effect of Gandhiji's satyagraha was. Saw some joker arguing that this was 'coersion' on CNN-IBN right now (Karan Thapar).

@kshah I had missed this post, please PM the draft to me too I want equality for humans based on actions not bias based on gender.

@raccoon no offence but it is harsh to brand everyone's participation as "fashionable", it is too generic a statement to make. Sure people need goading to take a stand, but I am sure most of us feel connected to this movement from within, it is just that the masses always take a back seat and wait for leaders but that does not mean the efforts or involvement is not genuine. The point is, there would be few who support because they believe, there would be few who support because they hop onto the gravy train. But it is vital to take everyone's support together rather than questioning the rationale behind support. If you would highlight the other n+1 issues e.g. like one that kshah has, I am sure many people would at least voice their opinions on, if not outright support, your cause. We Indians as a society crib too much and view everything with suspicion yet do not do anything to change the things we do not like, it is one thing to be pragmatic, quite another to be pessimistic. Rant over, sorry if I have hurt anyone's emotions, unintended.

Well, if my words actually sounded harsh, then I guess I'v not even put things across too well. Even someone with a copious vocab would be at a loss of words, if one can just look into things. I'v been quite intolerant about such things right since I can recall. As a kid I'v even tried to rally or channelize people into doing things only to repeatedly learn that people are just amazingly tolerant and accepting about all kinda of ills. Even those that did take interest mostly did so out of alternate considerations. Still, I don't think I can be labelled as pragmatic or pessimistic - I have done my bit, however miniscule, instead of just ranting or even getting others to try to do anything. In a way ranting is a pressure release mechanism, that can keep one from doing something more worthwhile. As for highlighting other issues, do you seriously need me to do that?? Are there no "issues" that can be seen without me highlighting them? Even if I do highlight them, will they be considered? Kshah did, but did anyone even show interest until I used these allaged "harsh" words? Decepcionado.gif

Edited by raccoon

^

Raccoon this is why I mentioned I mean no offence and my post should be taken in that spirit of debate.

My point was simply against labeling everyone's participation in this initiative as "fashionable". You might very well turn out to be right in the end, might be after the euphoria dies down no progress will have been made but still, bluntly dismissing everyone's contribution to this movement, however minuscule it might be, seemed harsh to me.

I apologize if have offended you by my choice of words. Let us stop discussing on this because this will lead us no where. No hard feelings please.

Edited by digitalnirvana

^^^^

Chill May be just difference of view points.

Edited by kshah