Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
me_saket

TATA Teleservices Coming Up With WiFi Hub

tata docomo wifi hub

Tata DOCOMO 3G Wi-Fi Hub is preconfigured for easy, secure plug and share broadband. Simply insert Tata DOCOMO 3G or Tata Photon Plus SIM card for wireless broadband connectivity at home or at the office! No need for cables, wires & costly installations! Our mobile 3G Wi-Fi Hub works with any device that is Wi-Fi enabled, connects up to five devices at once, and fits in your pocket so you can take it everywhere.

Pick the 3G Wi-Fi Hub @ Rs 5999 only with any of our monthly Postpay Plans starting @ Rs 750.

Enjoy 3G speed on the move with Wi-Fi Hub.

Carry your Wi-Fi Hub along and enjoy up to 7.2 Mbps downlink speed.

Share with multiple users.

Connect up to 5 devices in one go.

Secure – Password protected.

Dual Mode, also works on Tata Photon Plus Services.

Cool Features

Wi-Fi Portable Hotspot USB

Speeds up to 7.2 mbps Portable powered battery. Working time up to 4hrs

Cool Applications

Mobile TV Videos

Catch-up Let's Play

General

Data Service Tata DOCOMO 3G (HSUPA): DL 7.2Mbps; UL 5.76Mbps

Tata Photon Plus (HSIA): DL 3.1Mbps; UL 1.8Mbps

Weight 80g

Dimensions (W×H×D) 99.7mm*53.7mm*13.9mm

Performance

Battery capacity 1500mAh

*Standby time About 100hours

*Working time About 4hours

Features

Operating system(USB mode) Without Wi-Fi, internet surfing with the USB connection is only available for the Windows and MAC OS

Web Browser IE (7.0 or later), Firefox (3.0 or later), Opera (10.0 or later), Safari (4.0 or later), Chrome (5.0 or later)

Interface USB and Wi-Fi

Wi-Fi Standard 802.11b/g

Wi-Fi Security WEP/WPA/WPA2

USB Version USB 2.0 HIGH SPEED

* The standby and working time are only for your reference. They are based on the ideal working environment.

Wireless Broadband DeviceUnlimited PlansBasic Plans

Device Price( Rs.) Download Speed (Mbps)

3G Wi-Fi Hub 5999 On 3G (HSUPA): up to 7.2Mbps

On HSIA: up to 3.1Mbps

Monthly Rental (Rs.) Data** Peak Speed (Mbps)* Data at Peak Speed

1000 Unlimited 7.2 5 GB

Monthly Rental (Rs.) Speed (mbps)* Data

750 7.2 2 GB

For any help with 3G Wi-Fi Hub configuration and support, please contact

Tata DOCOMO 24x7.

Tata DOCOMO Technical Helpline at 1800-266-121 (Toll Free) .

What is 3G Wi-Fi Hub main purpose unlike other routers?

What networks does 3G Wi-Fi Hub operate on?

What kind of security is available with 3G Wi-Fi Hub?

What if the user forgets their 3G Wi-Fi Hub password?

What might the owner of 3G Wi-Fi Hub need to be aware of before sharing with multiple devices?

Can a user connect 3G Wi-Fi Hub to their computer with a USB cable?

Why does 3G Wi-Fi Hub turn off automatically during using?

Does 3G Wi-Fi Hub support voice calls, fax and/or text messaging?

Can 3G Wi-Fi Hub be used for memory storage?

How long does a user need to charge the battery before they begin using?

Does 3G Wi-Fi Hub require the software installation?

What if 3G Wi-Fi Hub cannot access the internet even though the unit has been activated?

When will a user of 3G Wi-Fi Hub need to access Web GUI configuration interface?

Q. What is 3G Wi-Fi Hub main purpose unlike other routers?

A. 3G Wi-Fi Hub is a portable Wi-Fi device that fits in the palm of your hand. It will allow you to connect up to 5 devices to access the Internet, such as laptops, portable game consoles or mobile phones.

Q. What networks does 3G Wi-Fi Hub operate on?

A. 3G Wi-Fi Hub operates on GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/CDMA 1X/CDMA EV-DO/HSPA.

Q. What kind of security is available with 3G Wi-Fi Hub?

A. 3G Wi-Fi Hub supports advanced Wi-Fi security protocol through standard methods such as Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA & WPA2) and the previous method of Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP). More advanced settings are available in the Web based user interface.

Q. What if the user forgets their 3G Wi-Fi Hub password?

A. 3G Wi-Fi Hub can be restored to the factory default settings by pressing the button 10 times continuously. The device will restart automatically to indicate reset is successful.

Q. What might the owner of 3G Wi-Fi Hub need to be aware of before sharing with multiple devices?

A. ZWith multiple devices or used as a temporary hotspot:

If there are several heavy data users on at the same time, you may notice the degradation in performance.

Users are not allowed to access more than 5 devices to 3G Wi-Fi Hub in order to keep the devices’ data speed stable enough to be communicated without a problem.

If all are accessing 3G Wi-Fi Hub that is using the battery, the battery will be consumed faster than the average of 4 hours usage time for one user.

Q. Can a user connect 3G Wi-Fi Hub to their computer with a USB cable?

A. 3G Wi-Fi Hub can be charged when connected to a computer via USB cable, and no interferences to the device.

Q. Why does 3G Wi-Fi Hub turn off automatically during using?

A. If 3G Wi-Fi Hub operating temperature increases above 65?, the device will automatically shutdown to prevent any damage.

Q. Does 3G Wi-Fi Hub support voice calls, fax and/or text messaging?

A. 3G Wi-Fi Hub only support to receive text message.

Q. Can 3G Wi-Fi Hub be used for memory storage?

A. 3G Wi-Fi Hub does not support removable memory storage.

Q. How long does a user need to charge the battery before they begin using?

A. The battery must be fully charged before using 3G Wi-Fi Hub for the first time. We recommend a minimum of 4 hours charging time before first use.

Q. Does 3G Wi-Fi Hub require the software installation?

A. 3G Wi-Fi Hub comes with a browser URL that allows the user to configure the device. You can activate, select a profile, establish security and set more advanced settings without installing any software.

Q. What if 3G Wi-Fi Hub cannot access the internet even though the unit has been activated?

A. Verify your network & signal strength for optimal performance.

Q. When will a user of 3G Wi-Fi Hub need to access Web GUI configuration interface?

A. The Web GUI configuration interface will only need to be accessed or used when configuring your device for the first time or changing the security settings or establishing more advanced settings.

Except price all info is given by CC on 1800266121

price : 5999/- in including tata docomo postpaid SIM connection

need to choose

device is NOT unlocked?

Model no : ZTE AC30

• Like 1

This one is similar to the Mobile WiFi R201 launched last month by Vodafone (carries a price tag of 5500 bucks).

Only difference/advantage of Tata's offering is that, it is dual mode in the sense Photon plus RUIM card can be interchanged with the GSM 3G SIM card to access both EVDO and HSDPA.

Kesav would have been excited if he was around here now :)

Tata Docomo Launches 3G Wi-Fi Hub – Dual Mode Device for Rs. 5999

After the launch of Vodafone’s MiFi (R201) the 3G WiFi device, now Tata Docomo comes up with first of its kind and one step ahead dual mode device – ‘3G Wi-Fi Hub’

Priced at Rs. 5999, Tata Docomo’s 3G Wi-Fi Hub is portable Mobile Wi-Fi terminal which can be used by simply inserting the Tata DOCOMO 3G or Tata Photon Plus CDMA/EVDO SIM card for High speed wireless broadband connectivity up to 7.2 Mbps at home or at the office. It works with any PC / Laptop or device that is Wi-Fi enabled, connects up to five devices at once, and fits in your pocket so you can take it everywhere.

Tata Docomo 3G Wi-Fi Hub contains a Dual mode SIM slot which also works on Tata Photon Plus Services and Tata Docomo 3G to connect to the 3G network and 5 users can then connect their computers, mobile gaming devices, digital music players to the device over Wi-Fi to enjoy 3G speeds.

source :: http://telecomtalk.info/tata-docomo-launches-3g-wi-fi-hub-dual-mode-device-for-rs-5999/62690/

It's a fantastic and fabulous move by TATA.

It's a pioneering move by TATA.

It ensures nation wide on-net data roaming for their HSDPA customers.

It's a convergence at its best.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:hi2: :hi2: :hi2: :hi2:

http://tatadocomo.com/3g-wifi-hub.aspx

It's an ZTE product

http://tatadocomo.com/downloads/Quick%20guide_3G%20Wifi%20hub.PDF

The only missing thing from TATA is their poor EVDO coverage in comparison with RCOM and MTS.

Hope RCOM and BSNL being other dual-tech operators will follow suit sooner than later....

It's time for us to wait for ZTE to launch the same product in open market sooner.

Let us hope and pray that this will lead to launch of such dual-mode 3G handsets sooner in the market....

Edited by Arun
<< Topic Merged >>

Tata Docomo Launches 3G Wi-Fi Hub – Dual Mode Device for5999

After the launch of Vodafone’s MiFi (R201) the 3G WiFi device, now Tata Docomo comes up with first of its kind and one step ahead dual mode device – ‘3G Wi-Fi Hub’

Priced at5999, Tata Docomo’s 3G Wi-Fi Hub is portable Mobile Wi-Fi terminal which can be used by simply inserting the Tata DOCOMO 3G or Tata Photon Plus CDMA/EVDO SIM card for High speed wireless broadband connectivity up to 7.2 Mbps at home or at the office. It works with any PC / Laptop or device that is Wi-Fi enabled, connects up to five devices at once, and fits in your pocket so you can take it everywhere.

Tata Docomo 3G Wi-Fi Hub contains a Dual mode SIM slot which also works on Tata Photon Plus Services and Tata Docomo 3G to connect to the 3G network and 5 users can then connect their computers, mobile gaming devices, digital music players to the device over Wi-Fi to enjoy 3G speeds.

source :: http://telecomtalk.info/tata-docomo-launches-3g-wi-fi-hub-dual-mode-device-for-rs-5999/62690/

It's a fantastic and fabulous move by TATA.

It's a pioneering move by TATA.

It ensures nation wide on-net data roaming for their HSDPA customers.

It's a convergence at its best.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:hi2: :hi2: :hi2: :hi2:

http://tatadocomo.com/3g-wifi-hub.aspx

It's an ZTE product

http://tatadocomo.com/downloads/Quick%20guide_3G%20Wifi%20hub.PDF

The only missing thing from TATA is their poor EVDO coverage in comparison with RCOM and MTS.

Hope RCOM and BSNL being other dual-tech operators will follow suit sooner than later....

It's time for us to wait for ZTE to launch the same product in open market sooner.

Let us hope and pray that this will lead to launch of such dual-mode 3G handsets sooner in the market....

Am using this product with my Nexus One. Excellent performer! 7.2 mbps downloadsin GSM mode and signal is good in my area. It comes with 2 sims, Docomo gsm amd photon RUIM cdma. I have not activated cdma, as it is only 3.1 mbps and costlier to use.

It is locked for TATA only, bt many unlockers are available on Web.

Edited by angeleyes

I think you're mistaken. In this device, both Docomo-3G and Photon+ costs are identical. You can consume your bundled data in both modes interchangeably....

Only the speed differs....

In case if you unlock, can you please check with RCOM CDMA SIM and also RCOM GSM SIM?

In this device, both Docomo-3G and Photon+ costs are identical.

Shouldnt data work out to be cheaper in tata photon plus?? :huh::Confuso:

Normally, TATA photon+ rates are cheaper than Docomo 3G rates but for this device alone it's identical since TATA wants to provide seamless roaming across the country with single device and single bill.

Read the tariff on docomo website!

exactly the same source...

After 5 GB, the speed drops to 1x. After another block, it drobs to 128kbps,and so on. If you go to any zone without Docomo 3g (coverage is less) you must switch to Photon (longer tower reach).

Now you start getting charged for every 5mb at .50p.

Also if you decide to use the Photon mode within your 5gb, you will not get charged for Photon usage.

The idea is to get Docomo usage to increase. It's not so popular because, like other GSM 3g, it is "bursty", while CDMA is constant.

This is why CDMA is so popular with download freaks! Leading to network congestion.

The 3g is good for browsers whose download is mostly intermittent: between mouse clicks.

Makes sense?

PS Google zte ac30 unlock codes for unlocking sites. I will not be unlocking unless I go for a foreign trip. The customer care told me not to lose the Photon RUIM. It cannot be re-issued.

BTW, I have Rel USB modem also in office USB router (Sapido rules!). RCOM EVDO is great.

I don't use speedcheck, in the real world Youtube playback makes more sense.

TATA Docomo: best performer/less coverage

RCOM EVDO: 2nd Best/more coverage

Photon: Least smooth/less coverage

Edited by angeleyes

I brought device yesterday itself.

Prons

GREAT product.

Very compact.

Big battery. (havnt check exact back up)

No sim is provided. so using indicom and docomo prepaid sim card.

Speed is great on both 3G and EVDO network.

Cons :

ON/OFF switch is too small, and placed at edge. so conjugated to use.

Device takes at lest 1-2 minute, to start internet. (first signal, then data network, then connection, then creating LAN connection). currently i am using on desktop with USB mode.

I face issue like, some times DHCP assigned IP address as "automatic private address e.g 196.169.25.254", so not able to connect to device. correct address must be in range of 192.168.0.100.

So when i try to connect with CC on 1800266121, they are so dump to understand my problem.

ALSO device is locked with docomo and indicom/photon+ sim only. (Tried inserting other CDMA and GSM. it gives error as "invalid sim/RUIM".

• Like 1

Thanks for Review, I was also planning to buy one.

But first will check for unlocking, if possible, I will buy one.

Friends go for Olive wireless pocket-router (I have bought from Saket)... It is simply best and you can use any USB modem (after simple initial configuration)... Let us avoid LOCKED ones...

@tarun

try to contact here

it's providing buyer protection via ESCROW

^^^

Yes Kanaga, I told you, I'm using it for quite some time with BSNL EVDO.

Kesav suggested on this to me.

Friends go for Olive wireless pocket-router (I have bought from Saket)... It is simply best and you can use any USB modem (after simple initial configuration)... Let us avoid LOCKED ones...

Dear KanagaDeepan, Where can we buy it from, any links for product deyails, pricing.

Regards

Tarun Kabra

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

Where can we buy it from, any links for product deyails, pricing.

Buy it from Letsbuy. It's only Rs.3059 (after coupon code rcomlb1). The link is here.

olive_3g_router_vr_9.jpg

@tarun

buy directly from olive website at just RS2990 with free shipping.

link here

^^^

Yes, I too bought it directly from there online only.

In this Letsbuy days, I forgot to check Olive's site. Sorry :P

IF letsbuy is giving at less price, then we can forgot olive.com

instead of spending 5500 you can buy a android phone aur symbian 2 series ph by just add 1 to 2 k and it will also work in the same way and u will have h ph to. It will also provide long battery life