Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
prat

Is Serial Data Cable Better For 6130 Than Usb?

Hi all. I have been facing too many problems with the USB cable for my 6130. COnstant disconnections when online, sometimes LG Link does not read the USB port and so on.

The SW on LG site for Desktop Lite and LG Link is only for Serial ports. The USB SW uses a serial converter for USB. So is it better to use a Serial cable itself??

Please let me know if others have also been facing the same problems. If u have a serial cable, wat are ur experiences?

Prat

prateeksen@gmail.com

I dont think there will be any difference in having USB or serial cable. If you have an original data cable from Reliance, then it doesn't matter.

I dont think there will be any difference in having USB or serial cable. If you have an original data cable from Reliance, then it doesn't matter.

26149[/snapback]

yes, the serial port cables are slower (in data tranfer) than the usb cables, we tried with much of lg with samsung, the lg series which usually convert the serial port in to usb ports, the speed is considerably slower than usb, (to check for speed may use speedometer at macfee.com)

lg speed is 32-40 Kbbs

samsung ahead to 82 Kbbs

yes it is real,

if you particular when down loading use always samsung series in cdma, (samsung is withdrawn or not availble, But samsung 191 is net worth for net use)

with regards

the USB cables are for those people who dont have serial ports . (some laptops dont have serial port)

the speed in either of the cables should be same.

Surfing speed doent depend on Datacable...but network range & congetion in that area. (COnfirmed this with a RIM employee)