Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
arnab_g

Can I Use 3G SIM in USB Device And Use?

I have USB modem device (HSDPA). I want to use 3G SIM like Aircel pocket internet or Docomo ... etc with that USB device. Is that possible? How - please explain the steps

Also will there be any speed difference?

What is the make of the USB modem? Is it unlocked?

It is Vodafone 3G USB modem. I hope I can unlock it ... many are doing .. saw some posts

If its locked u wont b able to use any other sim other that for which ever operator its locked. If u will buy any unlocked like Micromax / Alcatel/Beetel ..... then u can use any GSM sim either 3G or 2G, it automatically detects setyting 2G/3G/EDGE/GPRS and settings , u just need to connect to the network and what ever data plan u will b having it will b charged from that........

in my opinion go for unlocked one cost max of 2200 for 7.2 MBPS either use 2G or 3G.... and keep changing ur sim as per the lower tarrif

If he is confident in unlocking it, why discouraging him?

Let us suggest him keeping in view that it is either unlocked or will be unlocked by him.

@ Arnab, it is possible to use any SIM as per your need.

can you tell which model is it Since I am using vodafone usb modem k3565 and have unlocked it and am used aircel, docomo, uninor, bsnl sims on it with no problem just google with your model name and unlocking eg "k3565 unlocking" and you will find what to do to unlock it

Infact I am now on aircel net with vodafone usb modem

Thanks for all your response. I am 80% confident that I can unlock it ... else will ask for help from PRO like you in this forum :)

My question was bit different - Aircel is offering pocket internet which can be used from mobile. I am not sure whether same Aircel pocket internet SIM can also be used through USB modem. As you said you are doing it ... please confirm and also let me know what plan is best from unlimited 3G internet

can you tell which model is it Since I am using vodafone usb modem k3565 and have unlocked it and am used aircel, docomo, uninor, bsnl sims on it with no problem just google with your model name and unlocking eg "k3565 unlocking" and you will find what to do to unlock it

Infact I am now on aircel net with vodafone usb modem

Looking for some feedback about Aircel pocket internet or Docomo 3G SIM ... whether can be used in USB modem .. or not. Please reply

:previous: :previous:

u can...just use the apn which u use for aircel or doomo...taiff depends upon the apn u use..if u r using apn for 3g u will be charged as per the tarif tht is applicable on ur apn...

@arnab

R u going to use Tata Docomo or Aircel in Kolkata ? Tdcomo has no 3G n/w in Kolkata, Aircel has.

for aircel you have to use the apn aircelgprs and the pocket internet works fine thru modem In fact I am using the Rs 98 plan which gives 3gb in one month there are also other plans like 301 which gives unlimited net for 3 months I do not have 3g network for aircel here so cant say about that

Regarding docomo we have 3g network over here but the speed is not good for the past two months before that it was very fast

Most of the networks like bsnl or docomo give 3g access even if you recharge with 2g plans