Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

PGP Portal - Telecom Related Complaints & Resolution

:previous:

+10 for you....

Thanks for such neat and elaborate post with proper chronology.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Please don't forget to send an appreciation mail to DoT indicating that your complaint number XXXXX is solved to your satisfaction.

I always had faith in our system in spite of so much cynicism in the air.

My request to fellow members is to make a try and then say it doesn't work. Just don't pass comments due to seize mentality.

I also request members to appreciate small good things which happens in our system now and then. It's the only we can elevate the system to do more....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Good post thanks for sharing. Kesav has been vindicated I must say.

• Haha 2

@Rajanmehta,

Welcome to the all new RCOM, where you have to threaten them with complaints to the GoI. Only then, they will take action. This is indeed bad and also very sad state of affairs at RCOM. I think we have lost the old reliable RCOM to a new very mean and selfish RCOM where the only way of increasing ARPUs is by cheating, cheating and more cheating.

Anyway, congrats to you on getting the refund finally. You showed utmost patience with them and got your refund finally, although you had to take the GoI's help.

+1 to you for the finer details and superb chronology of events in your post.

• Thanks 1

@Rajan, your comments seem to be based on just one complaint. I have made multiple complaints against all the operators I have used, except probably Idea. My experiences have been a mixed bag. I have already mentioned some of them in other threads.

You have rightly observed:

We all know that legally PGP Portal may not have legislative power to act again Telcos, but there must be that SOMETHING ELSE which might be forcing Telcos to consider & resolve complaints lodged through it. I have no idea what that Something Else is and don't bother at all. The problem got resolved and that's what matters.

It is my speculation that "something else" may be "statistics" Probably there are adverse effects for a telco when it tops the list of complaints/unresolved issues. I have observed that while "smaller" individual based complaints are resolved, the larger ones remain. For eg. the issue of AirHELL openly looting all customers by charging base tariff even when calling in Happy Hours. This was being openly done untill I stopped using AirHELL. I won't be one bit surprised if this looting continues till date. No matter how hard I tried, including calling up the Director of the PG cell, nothing at all came of that complaint (nor of some other compalints against AirHELL in particular). Probably they have calculated that the loss that will be suffered by them (AirHELL) by ceasing to loot all their hapless subscribers will be far, far more than the adverse statistic of my unresolved complaint. The PG cell openly expressed their inablity to do a thing about it either.

So thats my observation and what I might called "informed guesswork" regarding the matter. If anybody has some better guesswork, I'd be more than glad to hear it.

Edited by raccoon
  • Sad 1

previous.gif Reminds me of an unforgettable dialogue by Tom Hanks in "Forest Gump", My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

My Sincere Request To Remaining All... TRY Before You CRY... Don't go by precedents... past failures... Things might have changed & improved....

And a Different Size Chocolate may be waiting for you... :)

• Thanks 1

^^^ Thanks. After all my efforts to sort out issues with RCom exhausted(including appellate authority), finally posted on PGP portal. Let's see what happens. RCom service has gone bad to worse these days.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Another kind advice to fellow members, please exhaust all the avenues(customer care -- nodal officer - appellate authority)of an operator before going to PGP portal.

• Like 2

Even I have posted on PGP for Rcom... As mentioned above i didnt got proper response from cc, had sent email to nodal officer but no reply..... after tht i have posted in PGP..... lets see what happens...

• Like 1

Forgot to mention - Received few unsolicited text messages on my RGSM despite being registered for DND. Sent them to CC and later also to Service Assurance Cell. Got a SMS several days later saying no such spam was received by me according to their records and they closed the complaint. As per my past experience, Nodal and Appellate auth. do not exist at least for Mah circle. So did not bother with them and made a complaint to PG Portal that RCom is deliberately ignoring complaints about spam SMSes.

No response from anywhere for over a month now.

Yes, RCom service seems to be declining further.

With Idea all DND complaints are immediately acknowledged with complaint number and after stipulated time, representative personally calls to inform about action taken. Never need to go beyond email to CC.

Edited by raccoon

I have had a very good experience with pgportal. I had terminated my Reliance FWP as well as BB connection from one location. FWP had security deposit and BB had excess paid amount which was supposed to be refunded within 60 days as per assurance printed on last bill. However, despite several calls and emails to Customer Care, this was not done. I escalated to Nodal and appellate authorities but no acknowledgment of emails even. Finally after ~200 days, I lodged complaints on pgportal detailing my experience and things started moving really fast! I got refund cheques from Reliance within a month of posting.

Have posted "thank you" feedbacks on pgportal :praise:

Another kind advice to fellow members, please exhaust all the avenues(customer care -- nodal officer - appellate authority)of an operator before going to PGP portal.

+1. I suggest to follow the procedure detailed in rcom customer care site ie. give nodal officer 10 days and appellate 3 months and then only approach pgportal.

I too had a good experience with the portal. Got my money back from Reliance which where taken by unfair means for VAS pack activation.

I had send many emails to serviceassuranecell & customercare they denied it, Then had sent to nodal officer no reply from them. Then submitted request to portal after almost a month & within ten days got money credited to the account balance.

Good to see that we still have some authority to look after customers which are harassed by the service providers......

Nice info.

Edited by rbdhoot

I have also complained today.. Registration Number is : DARPG/E/2011/03758 Lets see what happens..

In current Bill I have been Charged for 2927 MB of data usage, While their online Myservice shows I have used only 356 MB till 08/04/2011 (Check http://myservices.relianceada.com/datausage/jsp/ProcessCDRRequest?Mdn=8305335553StartDate=2011-03-28EndDate=2011-04-08ProductType=1RequestType=Query). My services were disconnected since I had crossed my Credit Limit, Subject MDN is switched off since than. I have been subscribed for MobileNet99 Pack in which I should get 2.5GB free per month But still have been charged Rs. 3,650.80.

Well I have a Reliance GSM Prepaid connection which i had recharged on 6th May 2011 by 100On same day i received a call from lady from customer care asking to use free 2 days live cricket scores pack and post 2 days trial offer charges applicable, which i instantly denied. On questioning the lady in details she hung up the phone. Not so surprising enough my balance was deducted on 8th May 2011 by 30 Rupees on account of Cricket Pack which i got to know after strenuous efforts put through with the Customer Care Representative. I immediately lodged a complaint through 198 and the guy politely said that your balance would be refunded within 48 hours. After asking for complaint number the guy said you would receive it on SMS which i didn't hence i again called CC on 9th May 2011 to ask for the same. Again got the reply that you would receive it in 24 hours hence didn't push hard.

As expected i never received any balance back hence i called up CC on 13th May 2011 and demanded reasons for clarifications. Rude enough to reply that sir do whatever you wish to but you will not get refund for sure. I asked the guy to transfer to superior authority who replied the same cassette though i noted his name and designation . Finally frustrated enough i opted for Public Grievance portal as mentioned here in this forum and officially lodged a complaint with minute detailing.

Here comes the fun part. Just within 5 hours i received a call and a mail from Reliance saying that they have got the complaint and are refunding the balance too. Although 30 rupees is comparatively a small amount but the fact that CC guys with intent to cheat deducted amount without even sending any activation code was really surprising and to add icing on the cake was the fact that " Sir u contact any superior officer you would not get any refund" was frustrating.

Thanks to our senior member who showed us the path to fight back, and that too in proper manner.Unless otherwise i would had like any other Prepaid Customer would had it a let go saying yaar 30se kya farak padta hai, ab kaun in moti chamdi ke saath dimag ki khich khich karega.

Thanks RIMWEB.

vickSs

post-9224-0-09182900-1305607412_thumb.jp

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>
  • Like 2

+1 for your courage and efforts... This rude behaviour will kill RCom for sure... It seems RCom has now some policy like "FIX a target to Deduct some balance like Rs30 to Rs50 to some lakhs/million of customers a month... If they complaint till PG portal, return the looted amount, else if the customer gets tired and stopped by running around in circles (almost 99.9999% cases) then we get few crores of daylight-robbery per month easily...

All the idea is greatly planned and will be successful for sure... But what they forgot is "THE TIRED CUSTOMERS will surely damage their reputation via speech anti-marketing and will surely blocking their progress in whatever way they can, say like stopping their friends/relatives from getting RCom connections"...

All these money_minded-greedy-corporates forgot that "A satisfied customer may bring two new leads max... But a HURTED-CUSTOMER will definitely block their TEN new/potential customers from reaching them MINIMUM"

• Like 1

Good effort.

Keep it up :clap:

<< Topic Merged >> :)

Nice efforts.

Such success stories will surely help and motivate others who are victim of this open loot to fight back in a systematic manner.

Also thanks to Rajan for opening the doors to PGP.

On a sidenote, @OP - either update the topic title to make it descriptive which will be easy to find for other members when searching for 'VAS', 'PGP' etc.. and take benefit. or move it to this topic.

+1 for your courage and efforts... This rude behaviour will kill RCom for sure... It seems RCom has now some policy like "FIX a target to Deduct some balance like Rs30 to Rs50 to some lakhs/million of customers a month... If they complaint till PG portal, return the looted amount, else if the customer gets tired and stopped by running around in circles (almost 99.9999% cases) then we get few crores of daylight-robbery per month easily...

All the idea is greatly planned and will be successful for sure... But what they forgot is "THE TIRED CUSTOMERS will surely damage their reputation via speech anti-marketing and will surely blocking their progress in whatever way they can, say like stopping their friends/relatives from getting RCom connections"...

All these money_minded-greedy-corporates forgot that "A satisfied customer may bring two new leads max... But a HURTED-CUSTOMER will definitely block their TEN new/potential customers from reaching them MINIMUM"

Exactly..... Reliance should think on it.... instead of cheating customers they should come up with cheaper & better offers....

but if all these things continue they would soon loss their customer base count in huge number as MNP is already in place......

Thanx a lot Rajan.............. :signthankspin::signthankspin::signthankspin:

Finally i got my refund of 97 Rs for 3 differnt RCDMA numbers 30 30 and 37 rs that reliance hd deducted after activation of various VAS without my cencern..... registered complaint at CC but koi fayeda nahi... finally registered complaint at PGPORTAL with all the details and after 16 days got all the refund plus extra same amount deducted......

finally i can say a customer is winner.......... :clap:

:clap::clap:

Mail from reliance corporate...........

Dear Mr. Sinha,

This is with reference to your email regarding the account information for your Reliance Mobile connections.

As per our telephonic conversation, we wish to inform you that the details of Value Added Service (VAS) active on your below mentioned numbers

Mobile NumberPacks NameStart DateActivation Channel Type

938******VNDTV16/05/2011IVR (Interactive Voice Recorder)

930******VNDTV11/5/2011IVR (Interactive Voice Recorder)

938******HunFullFunPack, VNDTV09/06/2011 and 11/05/2011RMW (Reliance Mobile World),

IVR (Interactive Voice Recorder)

Please note the details of credit provided to above mention numbers

MDNCredit Posted

938*******Rs. 30/-

930*******Rs. 30/-

938*******Rs. 37/-

Further, we would like to inform you that the above mention VAS pack has been deactivated as per your request.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you for being associated with us.

Edited by anshu_s09

great efforts rajan ji, this is why this forum rocks.very helpful and informative.Good to see atleast there's this portal from telecom government who do take actions and listen to customers complains.else these companies would just find ways to loot us.Rcom is no better and getting from bad to worse day by day.Isnt this main reason people going out from them through MNP.

Surprisingly.....got a call from RCOM person from mumbai again for confirmation..................................

:clap::clap::clap:

My message is self explanatory -

Received refund of Rs. 222/- through PG Portal's complaint

to "xxx@gmail.com"

date Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 8:03 PM

subject 'Reliance=008-624-377' Reference to your email for your regarding your Reliance Mobile number 93xxxx9593

Dear Sir,

This is with reference to your email for your regarding services Reliance Mobile number 93xxxx593.

As per our telephonic conversation, we wish to confirm that we have investigated the account history as highlighted by you and found that you were charged for the Reliance caller Tune facility activated through OBD (Outbound Dialer) process dated on May 4, 2011 at 14:51 PM, CelVoiceChat and CelMastiKeRang packs activated on May 18, 2011 17:00 PM through OBD.

Also, we wish to confirm that as a special case your account has been credited with Rs.222/- towards VAS pack and Reliance Caller Tune activation charges.

Further, we wish to confirm that Reliance Caller Tune facility and mentioned VAS packs have been deactivated for your above said number.

We regret the inconvenience caused and look forward for opportunities to serve you better.

Thank you for being associated with us.

Warm Regards,

Vaishali Kadam

Corporate Center

Reliance Communications Ltd.

=======================================================================================================================

There is an illegal balance deduction racket being run by Reliance CDMA. I have sent them the following mail but received no answer - I have to sadly inform you that my aforesaid no. 93xxxx9593 is facing illegal reduction in balance from your side without my authorisation since last few months. I had last recharged it with 150/- on 10-05-2011 and was surprised to see the illegal reduction of my balance on account of some caller tunes activated by you without my authorisation. Now I notice, the same thing has been going on in my account since last many months as I was not using this no. on a continuous basis and at least 2-300 Rs. have been illegally deducted from my account. You are directed to immediately credit back all the extra amounts you have deducted due to this illegal racket being run by you to cheat unaware customers otherwise I shall be forced to bring all this illegal activity to the notice of proper authorities and you shall be liable for huge losses suffered by you unsuspecting subscribers like me.