Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Verizon Samsung Fascinate - Beauty With The Brains

ANOTHER INPUT FROM ME :

Right i guess we all must be aware that far too many developers for the fassy ( at XDA ) have jumped ship :P now there are not many left who ll be doing some development on the latest ED05 release.

there are only two pretty straight forward releases ( no offence to the folks who did em ) based off of ED05.

what i wanted to tell all fassy users was if you know how to flash kernel and radios seperately over a ROM then you can practically use any previous ED01 based ROM with ED05 Radio and kernel and have a blast , i mean you ll not face and missed call issues or stuff like that.

i have tried it and it works like a charm , atm i am using the COM ROM 2.0 with ED05 radio and kernel.

just thought of updating you guyz for the sake of having more variety.

regards

ED05 is the best release ever for Fascinate. fixed all of my issues like missed calls and etc..

I purchased Samsung Fascinate (Verizon) recently from Sadikkbhai. I am having a problem connecting the phone to my laptop. I've tried the USB drivers, Samsung KIES mini, etc, but no success. Can someone please help?

Thanks

Dial **USBUI

& Select PDA under USB

This will solve ur problem

• Like 1

has any one tried MIUI ROM on fassy ??

I would like to share my experience with it.. Its an AWESOME ROM !! at xda, you ll find an MIUI rom posted by Massaint (this one has data working for non-verizon users, so i used this). The rom is brilliant and i m sure you ll need very few apps running this stuff..

The best part is amazing battery back up and no missed calls also. Moreover its CM7, so a k***$$ rom i would say !

I jave used it for few hours and liked it a lot. But the main issue is that I was not able to use EVDO on this rom. I tried MIUI v1.6.x and v1.7.x bit Data never worked for me on MIUI or CM7 Roms.

R U able to use mobile data on this Rom.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I jave used it for few hours and liked it a lot. But the main issue is that I was not able to use EVDO on this rom. I tried MIUI v1.6.x and v1.7.x bit Data never worked for me on MIUI or CM7 Roms.

R U able to use mobile data on this Rom.

I am able to use data... a guy called massaint has released an MIUI rom 1.8.26 for Non-verizon users. I am onto that actually and data works pretty fine.. in fact most of the apps are faster and data more stable on this :) try it out and its freaking addictive i m tellin u !!

I am yet to find out how to connect qpst while using an MIUI rom.. other than that everything else is flawless now with the updated Glitch Kernel (with voice fixes) and data working MIUI ROM !

• Like 1

^^^ post the links for rom(non verizon) with ODIN used with it

does it has a better performance than ED05 ?

can any one has a solution for +91 prefix issue ? cant dial or send txt using +91.. have to edit again and again by putting zero instead of +91

thanks!

If it is so, thats great. I always wanted to be on MIUI Rom. It will be very helpful if you can guide me to the link of this rom. I could find only the link to original MIUI 1.8.26, but not the data enabled MIUI.

As far as QPST/CDMA WS is concerned, its not possible for Galaxy S either on MIUI or on CM7 Roms. As these don't have any otipn to get the phone in Diag Mode.

Edited by tarun_kabra

can any one has a solution for +91 prefix issue ? cant dial or send txt using +91.. have to edit again and again by putting zero instead of +91

thanks!

Use Prefixer app for Android

If it is so, thats great. I always wanted to be on MIUI Rom. It will be very helpful if you can guide me to the link of this rom. I could find only the link to original MIUI 1.8.26, but not the data enabled MIUI.

As far as QPST/CDMA WS is concerned, its not possible for Galaxy S either on MIUI or on CM7 Roms. As these don't have any otipn to get the phone in Diag Mode.

here you go....

Download MIUI Rom from miui.us and flash this Patch Boot the phone once. Check if data is working fine. Now reboot to recovery, flash Glitch V12 kernel which includes the awesome audio fix. Now REJOICE the CM7/MIUI experience !!

its working flawlessly for me. I hope u know u need to ODIN cwm4 fixed for cm7 by jt before u proceed with any of the steps mentioned above

• Like 1

guys seriously , if you want to have kickass battery backup and and snappy, i mean snappy as hell, interface then do this ( btw i am using it atm and am very very happy coz i am not missing no calls and the setupis very fast and doesnt have any issues whatso ever )

1.. ODIN ed05 tar ( nothing else , just ed05 tar file ) -

This is the .tar file here .

http://www.multiupload.com/OAQ3F68XPK

flash with ODIN in PDA section

Before flashing pl confirm that the MD5 is same as : 75FF53ADA8278A10149CEFF756D7A42D

( this will wipe your data , contacts and everything , but i guess you folks know this )

2.. boot up completely

2.. download and store on your SD card The community rom version 2.0 from this link

http://www.multiupload.com/EZ9RSD9N4L

here is the main thread for this ROM here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1108991

3..shutdown the phone

4.. odin this recovery ( the same way you odined the Ed05 stock )

http://www.mediafire...711hl7bsxc4wr15

5.. dont boot , press vol up + vol down + power button and you ll go straight to red recovery ( if the phone boots into the android system then you may have to flash the recovery again )

6.. format data > cache > and dalvik then

from the options choose install zip from sd card and give it the path to the comm rom 2

flash it / install it or whatever you call that.

7.. once done exit recovery and restart the phone

8.. the phone will take like 3 to 5 min to boot

one small messup that you ll have is the comm rom 2.0 link that i have posted aint got no kernel ( as we want to use the STOCK ED05 kernel ) also the com rom doesnt have boot animation files as well so while booting up you wont see the galaxy S logo or the verizon logo , it ll be blank , but i guess thats not much .

once booted , have a rocking time with the awesomest and snappiest rom ever.

ABOUT MIUI , well it certainly looks eye candy , but it was sluggish , and i faced quite many force closes on it , so wouldnt recommend it and personally i love the touchwiz interface .

DISCLAIMER : Me aka joshm and / or RIMWEB arent responssible if the above procedure makes your phone explode on your face :P :P :P , or there emerge some legs and other stuff to it and it runs or flies away , or may be goes dead. YOU HAVE BEEN SUFFICIENTLY WARNED

Edited by joshm
  • Like 1

^ ^ ^

Thanks. +1. Appreciate your efforts in step by step detailed post.

BTW people who are already on ED05 and flashed recovery earlier can start from step number 5? OR you have a specific reason to again flash ED05 and recovery?

@krispuniq, thanks alot dear +1, will try it today.

BTW can you guide a little more on Kernel part.

Is it must to flash Glitch Kernel, V12 is still in Beta.

Which one should I download?

Edited by tarun_kabra

^ ^ ^

Thanks. +1. Appreciate your efforts in step by step detailed post.

BTW people who are already on ED05 and flashed recovery earlier can start from step number 5? OR you have a specific reason to again flash ED05 and recovery?

yes of course , people who are already on stock ED05 and have flashed the red recovery and the su package can download the comm rom 2 in step 2 ( lol i made 2 step 2 s :P use the second one )

and follow from 5th step onwards .

If you can backup your data and apps using mybackupRoot then its always a great idea to start from scratch by total format using ed05 odin stock and starting from there.

one more thing , the last update of comm rom was a patch 2.1 , but i didnt find it very interesting , so i recommend 2.0 version only.

for all who are planning to use a tweaked or custom kernel , i would suggest them not to deviate from stock ed05 as of now , as barring one geewiz and a PW kernel none of the others are from ed05 stock as base, you never know which of them will bring back the MISSED CALLS MONSTER.

I for one am happy with the stock radio and kernel .

if i can be of use then feel free to drop a pm or better would be to post your query here

welcome Tarun !

one more thing.. the newest v12 Glitch kernel has screen off scaling governor setting from the recovery under "glitch" option. You need to enable scaling governor and either use smartass or conservative. I m using smartass and works good. I am getting 1.5 to 2 days of battery on medium usage.

@krispuniq, waiting for update on my edited post.

Regards

Thanks Parin. Sweet...worked like a charm.

I've got a reliance cdma connection on my Verizon Fascinate with EVDO 3G active. I can't connect my phone to my laptop using the 3G Hotspot feature on the phone. I followed all the instructions, but no joy. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

guys facing this weird issue right now, today morning my fascinate was showing more then 60% battery left.After i reached office handset got shut down by itself to which i restarted it and worked fine.Few mins before it showed recharge battery message of very low battery, please plug in to rechagre one, and then it got shut down and now its not opening.I tried removing its battery as well as plugged in to charge as well, but no use its not starting up.What to do?

^ ^ ^

Try this: In powered down state, remove battery first, then remove micro SD card. Wait 2-3 minutes. Now put micro SD card first, then battery and plug the phone for charging. Don't power on immediately. Do it after about 10-15 minutes.

thanks!

go to this - posted solution

• Like 1

Thanks Parin. Sweet...worked like a charm.

I've got a reliance cdma connection on my Verizon Fascinate with EVDO 3G active. I can't connect my phone to my laptop using the 3G Hotspot feature on the phone. I followed all the instructions, but no joy. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

why would u use 3g hotspot feature , instead connect the phone with lappy via usb cable and turn on the tethering option in network, it ll install itself and u ll be able to use the data connection of ur phone on ur pc.

BTW can you guide a little more on Kernel part.

Is it must to flash Glitch Kernel, V12 is still in Beta.

Which one should I download?

Well, If you dont flash the V12 Glitch beta, your call volume will be low and people wont be hearing you :)

Though its beta, it is pretty much stable for daily use. In fact, i would say i am finding it better than the ComRom 2.1 or UGB 0.2. Though V12 glitch kernel is beta, it is fully developed and has a lot of support as well. I for one, didnt face any issue with this kernel. But be advised, if you dont flash the v12 kernel, audio wont be fixed and you ll eventually move back to touchwiz.

With V12 Glitch, it is much louder and nice color control available as well. One thing is, immediately when a call is connected, volume is high and you can pull it down via the volume down button. As i told earlier, after flashing the Glitch kernel, you ll have to enable "screen state scaling" via recovery (this option is new in V12 beta) and set it to either smartass or conservative.

It would take some time for you to figure out your best setting and then you can stick to it. I am using the Medium leakage kernel with a lot of undervolt setting :)

guys facing this weird issue right now, today morning my fascinate was showing more then 60% battery left.After i reached office handset got shut down by itself to which i restarted it and worked fine.Few mins before it showed recharge battery message of very low battery, please plug in to rechagre one, and then it got shut down and now its not opening.I tried removing its battery as well as plugged in to charge as well, but no use its not starting up.What to do?

This is called "Sleep of Death" .. a feature very common among the modded touchwiz roms or leaks as well ;)

You ll not know this untill you try to wake your phone and notice it has been dead ! A possible fix for this ..

• if you are using any undervolt settings, dont be aggressive, use mild settings
  • if you are using setcpu and underclocking, try setting a different governor and frequency map
  • if you are not doing any of the above, then may be the ROM or the kernel you are using are not compatible or have this issue (very much possible). So just try using the ED05 ODIN posted above your post and see if it solves your problem.

Edited by krispuniq

@krispuniq

MIUI flashed and data working fine till now even without Glitch Kernel.

Only one issue, I am not able to use tethering neither USB nor WIFI.

Is it working for you?