Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Verizon Samsung Fascinate - Beauty With The Brains

@krispuniq

MIUI flashed and data working fine till now even without Glitch Kernel.

Only one issue, I am not able to use tethering neither USB nor WIFI.

Is it working for you?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

The point if flashing Glitch Kernel is to get In-Call Audio volume to a reasonable level. Data works without that as well. Before flashing the Glitch kernel, try calling some one and see how feeble it would be. Then flash Glitch and notice the difference :)

WiFi tetherin works for me.. didnt try USB ( never tried earlier also) .. but i am on Glitch.. I wasnt using stock kernel for a second ! ha ha

Well guys already was on ED05. Again flashed using odin but had to charge the battery saperately and then flashed it.many thanks to hetal.he's always there to help.

Btw first time used kakda charger for battery.

hey! guys i m confused about both new ROMS posted..

MIUI and a patch posted by JoshM..

have any one used both ?

which one is better with better battery backup!

thanks

:)

Guys, there is news for a new GingerBread Leaked ROM - EH09 for Fascinate.

Custom Roms coming on XDA based on EH09.

Looks that leak is for Mesmerize and is used for Fascinate Custom Roms.

Edited by tarun_kabra

can any one has a solution for +91 prefix issue ? cant dial or send txt using +91.. have to edit again and again by putting zero instead of +91

thanks!

go to this - posted solution

http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__241580

Thanks!

dear all

finally made up the mind & got the fascinate from raju_a(nikhil) who wanted to switch to evo-3d

finally got my phone & data 1x working with the help of hiteshji (pune) who was in bombay today this forum is great due to all the experts like him

now currently have 2.1 update 1 on my phone

pl guide me to update & tweak my phone

i dont know whether upgrading rom will be very much useful to me

mainly i would like to have latest os & remove unneccessary apps & improve responciveness/ performace & battery life of the phone

i will go thorugh the topic carefully meanwhile any suggestions links articles are welcome

if required pl mail to jpshah2908@gmail.com

thnaxs in advance

jasmin shah

jpshah2908@gmail.com

Finally updated my Fascinate to GB-EH09 based Rom posted Here

So far its working very fine since last two days, without any missed calls or so.

Better in terms of Signal Strength, Battery and Speed as compared to ED05.

post-24797-0-36999000-1315809156_thumb.j

So far its working very fine since last two days, without any missed calls or so.

there are two links with modem and without modem ??? which one to use ?

Guys facing this switchoff issue again since some days.handset gets off byitself.no other glitch then this.Any solution to this.

Edited by thackervijay

Thats your choice, I am using the link of 'with modem' odin file.

Thats your choice, I am using the link of 'with modem' odin file.

Thank you!

hope there are no glitches! :)

Just now updated with above rom... Will post my experience...

Initial observations:-

1. I was using ED05. Just flashed this (PowerWashed EH09 beta3 with EC09 modem, 09-01) http://www.mediafire...c37loxth85zn2ti md5 as well as pit file thru ODIN in downloading mode.

2. Installed this recovery (CWM 2.5.1.x) (any CWM recovery with Edify support will do): http://www.mediafire...6x5utoca59et7o9

3. Installed this ZIP http://www.mediafire...bm220f3335xv6mf in recovery mode.

Thats it till now...

Edit..

None of my programming was disturbed. I could call, sms as well as use EVDO immediately after flash. Though I had safely written my MIN & saved DUMP file in case required. I would also suggest all keedas like me her to PLEASE store MIN as well as DUMP file for future.

Regarding review, its nice till now. I am noticing some battery improvement. Will post more along with my installed apps.

Edited by hiteshkkk1

:previous:

please post review dude! wanna flash! :)

:previous:

please post review dude! wanna flash! :)

Go ahead... you wont regret... Though its just 2 hrs I have flashed, but issues if any they are easily noticed, if present. I dont find any of issues upfront. One more point to note is I DONT use this number for voice but only EVDO so cant comment on that front.

Edited by hiteshkkk1
  • Like 1

No issues even for the voice. Using it without any issues till now and mainly use it for voice calls only.

The only thing I don't like is that there is no direct option to switch on/off Data.

I tried using Extended Control, Quick Settings, SwitchPro Widget. None of those could toggle data.

As I and not used to keep data on continuously, so I have to go into Settings->Wireless Networks->Mobile Data every time to switch on/off data.

But this is not the problem with this Rom only, I think it is distinctive feature of GingerBread Roms.

No issues even for the voice. Using it without any issues till now and mainly use it for voice calls only.

The only thing I don't like is that there is no direct option to switch on/off Data.

I tried using Extended Control, Quick Settings, SwitchPro Widget. None of those could toggle data.

As I and not used to keep data on continuously, so I have to go into Settings->Wireless Networks->Mobile Data every time to switch on/off data.

But this is not the problem with this Rom only, I think it is distinctive feature of GingerBread Roms.

try downloading "Free Power Widget" from the market. It is a better option which actually reduces a few clicks to toggle data.

The option is given in the widget, but when u click on that, it takes u directly to the mobile networks toggle page, where u can enable/disable data. I have been using this for over 2 weeks now, without any issues/battery drain. try it and lemme knw

Tarun ji,

the voice/speaker is less audible.. (low volume) than before.. any solutions!

Guys facing this switchoff issue again since some days.handset gets off byitself.no other glitch then this.Any solution to this.

guys, still facing these issue, which does happens atleast 4 to 5 times a day where handset switchoffs by itself and i come to know only when i try to call someone to see its off.Please help on this.

got a fascinate for biwi. upgraded first to ED05 from DI01. data broke... reflashed data dump in CW2.7 and it started working again. then upgraded to EH09 with EC09 modem and no issues so far.

sidenotes:

1. wifi seems weak when compared to epic or evo 3d. any tweaks to improve it?

2. miss the led notifications on this

3. front camera for use with qik is being missed too

need:

screen gaurd for the phone. anyone having extras, please pm

Anyone tried just released Official CyanogenMod-7.1? How is it? Now it officially includes Fascinate. Does Data work? Any other issues.. Tarunbhai will be among the first to try!!!

dear rajenbhai

-i upgraded to cyanogenmod 7.1 from 2.1 with the help of sunilromy & being a novice may not be able to give much help on tech feedback but let me put whatever i can

-i see no problems with basic telphone use (data was anyway not enabled waiting for someone to help with that if pssobile) but seems to be faster & snappier

-i get a very faint ringing(-basic ring like old telepones-) in background intermittantly which goes away afer calling this no from other tel or making a outgoing call anybody can throw a light on this

-the swype is no longer there & is replaced by some auto suggesting keyboard still trying to figure out how to get swype back

will be needing a lot of help in near future from all the gurus

jpshah

Rajan ji, I noticed this release only yesterday and downloaded. Though I didn't flashed it. I rather flashed another custom rom based on Android 2.3.6 posted on XDA. I will try this tonight. I don't have much expectations for data on cm7 but still five it a try and see.

Ok, flashed CM7.1 on my Fascinate.

Thanks Rajan ji for reminding that CM7.1 is here else I had just downloaded this and forgotten it.

A few minutes experiience, very fast and awesome on Anndroid 2.3.7.

Just like earlier versions of CM Roms, Data will not work on this for Non-Verizon users.

Wait wait wait............. don't get disappointed.

Where there is no way, there is XDA.

After flashing this CM7.1 on my Fascinate I just reminded that some member on XDA had posted solution for using data on CM based ROMs for Non-Verizon Networks.

I had earlier used this patch while using MIUI Rom. I just flashed that patch and thats it, Data started on my Fascinate.

XDA Data Patch for Non Verizon Users

Enjoy.

• Like 2

Thanks Tarunbhai :)

I always liked CM7 Roms and had used these a lot on my HTC Hero & Incredible. Just because of Data, I never used it on Fascinate.

But now its too late for me to enjoy CM7 on Fascinate. Now I am on Blackberry, don't know for how long.